Deja Vu
77 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mouth was dry, the person I was inseparable with for over half a year disappeared right before my eyes. Something inside of me felt missing, but I need to continue, I need to survive.

 

(Authors note: For any of you pervs who say its love smh)

 

After a long moment of thinking, I began to look around at my surroundings. I seem to be on some uninhabited island, definitely not Corendale for sure. As I stepped away from the beach area I quickly remembered Mr. Sak was sleeping. 

 

“Mr. Sak?” I started to shake Mr. Sak gently, to which he responded with a few murmurs. 

 

‘Thank god he’s alive’ I thought to myself as I began to explore the mysterious Island. With my dagger which was now shears in my hand, I started to cut through to make a long path through the island. 

 

“Ah, fuck these bugs,” I exclaimed as I stomped on an unbelievably large spider. The bugs on this island were mutated to a shocking degree. 

 

As I continued through the island I was able to make a map of the island. The beach where I and Sak teleported to, was the south quadrant of the Island. North of the beach led to a large mountain. The island seemed to be extremely long as it took me half of the day just to walk from one side to the other. 

 

By the time I arrived from the mountain, it was already night time.

 

“Oh Mr. Sak, you're up!” I exclaimed as I set my shears and bag to the floor. Sak was crouching by fire to try and combat the cold heat. 

 

Sak turned to me with a bitter smile, he extended his hand to hand me a large piece of meat. 

 

I happily took the piece of meat and started to eat it while staring at Sak. 

 

“From what I can sense, we are not too far from Corendale and the military will most likely save us in a week or so.” His voice was filled with dread, something I could only watch in pity. Watching a trusted ally die such a death must have been a hit towards his mentality. My eyes burned with hatred as I replayed that scene in my head. 

 

“I explored the island, this is the southern portion of the island and there is a large mountain on the northern quadrant,” I reported my findings to Sak who responded with a blank nod. 

 

Walking away from Sak, I laid my head over my bag as a pillow and had some clothes cover my body, prepared to go to sleep. 

 

‘Sebastian… please be safe!’ I screamed internally, but as expected, no response. 

 

I sighed bitterly as I closed my eyes for my much-needed rest, but I was immediately awakened by a distant voice.

 

‘KID!’ A muffled voice rang in my head, I started to look around anxiously.

 

‘THIS IS SEBASTIAN!’  

 

‘Are you okay?’ my voice couldn’t contain my happiness

 

‘Yes, I am still on the ship. I am going to be in Corendale in two weeks.’ His voice cut off in between words but I was able to understand what he was saying.

 

‘Be safe and-’ His voice abruptly cut off leaving me in a state of confusion. 

 

‘Sebastian?’ 

 

No response

 

I sighed once again, however, this time I had hope.

 

*

 

“Goodbye cruel world,” Emilia muttered as she dragged a knife over her wrists. Blood spurted from her wrists as she passed out from blood loss.

 

Cert stared at Emilia’s lifeless body for a moment before kicking her dead body off of the ship. 

 

“Well, I suppose I should kill myself too.” Cert pitifully picked up Emilia’s bloody knife placing the knife over his wrist. 

 

“Cert, don’t kill yourself!” A hooded man appeared in front of Cert, his hand was extended for Cert to hold.

 

“M-Master?” Cert stuttered nervously as he pushed the knife deeper into his wrist. 

 

“No Cert, I won’t punish you.” The hooded man’s usual cold and harsh voice was replaced with a smooth and welcoming voice. 

 

“W-Why would you care if I killed myself here, you would have killed me anyway.” Cert was clearly unconvinced by the hooded figures' attempts.  

 

The hooded man sighed, and right as Cert closed his eyes to blink, a large hole was opened in his head instantly killing him. 

 

“Oh, if only you just listened.” The hooded man pitifully commented as he disappeared from the ship. 

 

*

 

A week slowly passed and no ship came to save us, Sak has been speaking less and less and he barely leaves the beach. My skin has been getting sunburns from the harsh heat and the only lake takes a whole day's journey to travel to. 

 

The mountain in the north quadrant hasn’t been explored by me yet so I decided I would get it out of the way today. 

 

I walked up the steep mountain and found something I needed a week ago, a cave. As I stumbled into the cave I created a small fire with my hands, something all magicians should know. I recalled my memories of wanting to be a magician as I held up my hand to explore the dark cave. 

 

The cave seemed to be abnormally large, from the outside it looked to be quite small but as I explored deeper I was astonished by its size. 

 

I walked deeper and deeper into the cave until I was met with a large man-made stone wall.

 

“What is this?” I muttered under my breath as I held the fire closer to the wall. A long line of obscure words was scribbled over the large wall. 

 

I began to read the words slowly and carefully “Dami...Jeri Mano Taro Feot- Wait!” I suddenly remembered something, I pulled out Sebastian’s bow from my bag and started to read the carvings on his bow. 

 

“Dami Jeri Mano Taro Feot, they’re the exact same!” I instantly began to write and recite the words that were inscribed on the wall.

 

“Dami Jeri Mano Taro Feot Kail Cero Laoi Kamf Polt Sang Shin… Pan Se!” Right as I finished reading the inscriptions, a dark light began to protrude from the carved in words.

 

“Oh.. my god.” I dropped to the floor with my mouth gaping open, facing me were five historical figures which could put Ian the Swordsman to shame. The five original heroes of Thellaria.

Author's Note: Long chapter coming tomorrow with a lot of lore and world-building, stay tuned! Also, tell me what you guys think about the first person change.

3