Chapter Five
142 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pushing the doors open I see Uncle Michael stand there talking to the doctor assigned to Sage. Walking over I looked at him. He smiles at me with watery eyes, “Where’s Sage?” I demand.

“He fell asleep right after the call ended,” Doctor Anderson says to me. I nod and head into the room where I see Aunty Sandra, Samantha and Seth who look up at me excitedly.

Nodding at them I walk to Sage looking at him up and down.

“How's he doing… what happened?” I ask not looking at them while trying to see any signs of something from Sages sleeping form.

“He opened his eyes and the first one he looked for was you, he started freaking out and his heart spiked while he screamed, he said he wanted to see you. The doctor and nurses gave him a shot to calm down and when he calmed down he asked to see you. I told him that you weren’t here but we could call you so we did. After the call, he fell asleep… we’re waiting for him to wake up again so that the doctors can do tests,” she says while rubbing Sages face.

Nodding I say, “It’s almost ten, why don’t you all head home to rest and come back tomorrow morning, I’ll stay here with him and call you when he wakes up again.” Aunty Sandra looked at me reluctantly but agreed when Uncle Michael convinced her.

I hugged them all and walked out with them to the parking lot. Waving them off, I made my way back to his room and closed the door behind me.

Walking over to the bed I looked down at Sage who was soundly asleep and breathing on his own without an oxygen mask anymore. Biting my bottom lip my eyes rolled back as the tears started falling.

Wiping them away I got onto the bed. Resting my head on the second pillow I looked at him, he looks so peaceful and can’t wait to look into his eyes and talk to him properly. Closing my eyes, I brought his right and to my lips and kissed it. Entwining our fingers I drifted off while dreaming of the past.

Sage and I just got home from a long day and after showering I lied on the couch watching t.v but my eyes were too heavy and I was tired so I just closed them waiting to fall asleep. I hear the bathroom open knowing that its Sage coming out from having a shower.

He walks to the room and gets dressed then makes his way to the den. “How can you sleep naked after a shower?” he complains to himself.

He walks to the kitchen and opens the fridge getting something for him to eat and comes back to the den.

I hear him sigh and bite down onto crispy something and hear the t.v switch as he changes the channels. He stops on something and lowers the volume.

His laugh echos through the room silently making the atmosphere calming. I can’t fall asleep and it seems like it’s been an hour of me just laying here. Sage also switched the t.v off and left to his room after covering me with a quilt.

As I want to get up I hear his door open. Fixing myself I lay there motionless waiting to surprise me since the room is dark and so is it outside.

I feel fingers glide through my brown hair, “Ethan, are you awake?” he asks me. I don’t answer because I still want to scare him.

He gets on me, straddling me which makes me frown because his sitting right on my shaft. He places his hands on my bare chest, running his hands up and down my chest that sends shivers throughout my body.

He leans down and kisses up my chest, up to my neck and latches on sucking on my neck making me moan in pleasure. His lips leave my neck, he kisses my lips and forces them to part with his tongue. His tongue finds mine and I can’t help but kiss him back.

Moving my hands up his sides I wrap my right arm around his waist gently making him think I’m still asleep while my left-hand goes for his hair as I grip it and kiss him back passionately. He pulls away making me groan in frustration.

“Are you up?” he asks but I don’t answer back. He nips at my nipples after a while of silence and kisses down my stomach making me moan. 

His hand slips into my briefs and my eyes shoot open. The room is dark and I can’t see anything. I can’t see him but I can feel everything his doing. I start panicking wanting him to stop but I don’t say anything as I feel his and expertly pumping me making a growl escape my lips.

He puts my shaft into his mouth and my eyes widen as the soft and moist inside of his mouth starts sucking on me. The walls of his mouth send tingles up my body through my shaft and my mind goes crazy with pleasure.

He takes me all the way in and relaxes his gag reflex as he takes me further. Bobbing his head over me moans sending the vibrations through me.

Moving my hips in sync with him my balls tighten and he pulls back making me groan in frustration. He licks down my pulsing vein and sucks my ball sac into his mouth before knawing it making my eyes roll back in my head.

Sucking in a deep breath as I feel his tongue tease my slit. Grabbing his hair I shove my shaft in his mouth and explode into him. He bobs his head milking out every last of my seeds; I fall back onto the couch and let go of him with a content sigh leaving my mouth.

His lips leave my shaft and I close my eyes evening out my breathing quickly. The light switches on almost blinding me and I can feel him looking at me. He blocks my breathing by closing my nose and I hit his hand away and turn my body around.

I hear him sigh then feel him lift my briefs up and close my exposed shaft. The light goes off and he closes his door behind him.

Grabbing my shaft I squeeze it trying to get rid of the lingering feeling – fuck!

Waking up the next morning I hear noise going on around me. Opening my eyes I find myself on the couch cover and the t.v on with Sage sitting on the other side of the L couch, the shorter end.

Wiping my eyes I sit up and look at him remembering last night, he turns to look me and I feel a blush heat up my cheeks, “You look ugly,” he says turning back to look at the t.v.

He’s pretending nothing happened again…

This isn’t the first time that he’s given me a blow job, he did it last month too while he was drunk and I enjoyed it just as much as I enjoyed it last night.

Getting up I rubbed my dick because it hurts slightly.

“Are you hard again?” he asks making me groan.

“Wet dream, wet dream,” I say while walking away.

“You have issues, Ethan,” he scoffs making me frown. Why does he pretend? Well, I pretend too.

I wake up from my dream because a cold hand caresses my cheek. Opening my eyes I look up at the arm moving in my view. Seeing the bandaged hand I frown quickly getting up.

Looking at Sage, his eye is closed but slowly open. My eyes water as I look into those beautiful blue eyes of his, “H-hey,” I say as I leaned down and kiss his forehead.

“E-ethan?” he calls while reaching for my face. I lean my forehead against his, “I’m not going anywhere until you’re better,” I say with my eyes closed.

“L-look a-at m-me,” he says as he wipes my tears away. Opening them I can see the pain and confusion in his eyes.

“E-ethan I-I h-haaave s-something t-to s-say t-to y-you,” he says as he struggles to speak.

“I’m listening,” I say as I nod and entwine our fingers at my cheeks.

“W-we c-can’t b-be f-friends a-anymo-oore,” he says making my heart tighten. I close my eyes and squeeze his hands as I try my best not to cry.

“Y-you a-are m-my b-best f-friend b-but I-I l-love y-you m-more t-than j-just f-friends,” he says making me shake my head, “D-don’t leave me,” I say with a whimper.

I move my head to the crook of his neck and hug his body crying. He wraps his arms around my neck and his hand in my hair while kissing my head. “S-sage, I left Layla, please don’t leave me, I’ll make it up to you for the rest of my life. I’m sorry that I didn’t realize that you had feelings for me, please please, please don’t leave me,” I say into his neck making him cry with me,

We sit there crying for who knows how long before we calm down. Kissing my forehead he says, “S-since y-you’re d-done c-crying g-get o-off m-me, y-you’re h-heavy!”

I chuckle and move, lying next to him we look into each other red eyes, sighing I say, “I have to let them know you’re awake.”

He nods at me with a tired smile. I lean in to kiss him and get up to call the nurses who come in after contacting the doctor. Looking down at my phone I see it’s after five in the morning. Calling his father I inform them that he is up and they say they’ll be here soon.

The doctors come in while I move to the back of the room and watch them check his vitals. After doing the physical check up on him, they put him in a wheelchair and rolled him down the passage then into a room that I wasn’t allowed in.

Sage had a pained look in his eyes and he didn’t want to leave without me. My heart ached but I smiled at him reassuring him. Staring at the closed door my mind drifted off;

I asked to see both families, mine and Layla’s family. They looked at me worried and had pity in their eyes. Sage has been out in a comatose state for over a month now and it's taking its toll on me. My mind keeps flashing back to all the times when Sage showed his love for me making the guilt within me bubble onto the surface and pain my heart.

After the incident at the hospital with Jarod and his ‘husband’ which I learnt after speaking to them, I was cross-questioned about my feelings for Sage and I found out that I actually have feelings for him but I was blocking it out due to having to wait so long for him to confess to me.

I realised that I have die-hard feelings for him and I’m such dick for not realizing it.

My family has been trying to comfort me but I’m not listening, I don’t want to listen, I just want him back. They all noticed the distance that I put between myself and Layla, I know they’re questioning it without voicing it and I asked them all here to come with that being the reason for this gathering.

“Since we’re all here, let’s not wait any longer. I know you all have been wondering what’s going on with me and why I’m staying away from Layla; you all should know that after Sage’s accident I haven’t been taking it well and I still am not.

Sage and I have been friends for twenty years and I’m really not taking it well. I went to see a psychiatrist and he put me on antidepressant medication. He also recommended that we postpone the wedding because it’ll be more stress on myself, that and with the companies work and all.

So… what I’m trying or well what I’m going to do is annul the engagement. “

“Ethan!” Uncle Parker, Layla’s dad gritted through his teeth. I looked at him and could see the fury within his eyes, “Yes,” I asked listlessly.

“There’s no need for this, we can help you through all of this,” he says while pulling his daughter into his side hugging her.

Sighing I say out bluntly, “How are you going to help me when I’m the reason Sage is lying there, IT’S MY FAULT THAT HE IS FUCKING LYING THERE SO TELL ME HOW WILL YOU HELP ME IF THE GUILT IS EATING AT ME!”

They all look at me confused and even Layla who was crying stopped to look at me and process what I just said.

My mother, Martha looked at me with tear-filled eyes, she got up from the love seat she was on with my father and kneeled before me. Caressing my hand she took in hers she asked, “B-baby, w-what do you m-mean it’s your fault that Sage attempted suicide?”

Sighing as I looked at her, ii really couldn’t say that Sage is ‘gay’ and wanted me this whole time and Layla was the cause of his heartbreak or well my ‘marriage proposal’ to her is.

Pulling my hand from hers, I got up. Looking down at her I said, “You’ll find out if he wakes up.” Stepping back I looked at everyone, “I’m emotionally exhausted and I’ve said what I have to, I’ll be leaving now and please don’t come looking for me.”

Turning around I close the front door behind me and get into my car.

The room door opens and I meet eyes with a frowning Sage who has a pout. Chuckling I motion to the nurse that I’ll take him back and we leave with me pushing his chair. Tilting his back he looks up at me.

Raising a brow at him, he blushes and looks to the front while fiddling with his fingers.

2