Epilogue
140 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“BABY!!” Ethan yells my name from downstairs.

I look down at my toddler who’s smiling mischievously after hearing his father’s voice, “Daddy, papa’s calling you.”

Rubbing his head with the towel. I wipe him down and cover him with a dry towel. Picking him up, I hold him on my side and we head out of the steamy bathroom, down the hallway and to the staircase.

Looking over the rail I don’t see my stupid husband. We head downstairs, turning around the corner leading to the dining room I pause in my steps. Stunned at seeing the beautiful display before me.

My tears water and my son wiggles in my arms, he gets his hands loose and wraps his little arms around my neck, “Happy birthday daddy~”

I look at him with tears falling down my cheeks which he immediately wipes away. Kissing my cheeks he asks, “Do you like your surprise?”

Kissing his forehead and looking at my grinning husband, I nod my head.

Ethan told me before that he was heading back to work and that was an hour ago. Within this hour, he left and brought back dinner, cake, balloons and flowers – this romantic jerk really knows how to woo me when I least expect it.

Ethan walks over and hugs us. In his arms, I cry unable to thank him. He surprised me all of a sudden to the point where I even forgot my own birthday or well I didn’t, yesterday we argued and I was so angry that I didn’t fall asleep nor did I speak to him this morning and the rest of the day.

He tried speaking to me but I ignored him, that’s why he just went about his day and now this. “I’m really sorry Ethan,” I say.

He rubs my back and kisses my head, “It’s okay baby, it’s my fault you were so angry. I shouldn’t have worried you like that and I apologise, I’ll never not check in with you even if I am too busy. You and Taylum could have disappeared and I wouldn’t have known. I’m really sorry for angering you my love and I hope you can forgive me. It’s your birthday today so let's celebrate with the dinner my mother made.” He ends making me hit him!

Of cause, his mother made the food and my mother made the cake – these people… I really love them all.

My husband takes Taylum from me and rushes upstairs to dress him while I set the table for three and place the flowers in a vase of water.

My two handsome men come downstairs with laughter making me smile. Ethan walks over to me and kisses my lips and Taylum kissing my nose.

We sit and have dinner after prayer in a comfortable setting as it should always be. Ethan looks over at me from the other side of the table while I feed Taylum and says, “How do you feel about extending our family of three to four?”

I raise a brow and look at him, “But Taylum is still a baby.”

“No daddy Taylum big boy!” he squeals and pouts at me.

“Yes you are my big boy,” I coo him.

“See, our baby is a big boy now and I’m sure he’d be an even bigger boy if he had someone to rely on him,” Ethan says gaining my attention again. I look at my husband and roll my eyes.

“Instead of speaking in circles just get to the point!” I say with a frown. He nods and puts the fork down on his plate.

“Well, I’ve already looked for a surrogate and she has no problems. She’s the perfect candidate to carry our baby and you did say it be best if there wasn’t a large age gap or a small age gap between our children and I think four years is a good enough gap well it will be five years since the baby will be born next year only and Tay will be five by then.”

I sigh and nod, “Okay but then how will we go about this?” I ask.

He smiles, “Do you enjoy being a stay-at-home dad?”

I nod, “Yep.”

“Then we won’t have any problems. It’ll be the same as last time but just that you will be the biological parent this time,” he says making me frown.

“Don’t frown, Sage, I want a little you too,” he says making my cheeks flush in embarrassment. I look at him and smile – Ethan really does love me even after so many years.

2