Chapter 10: Athtrim Shall Stand 1/3; Naval War
1.5k 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(POV Athtrim itself and the surrounding area)

One and a half days passed since the "Maid Incident" at Athtrim's Main Police Station was effectively destroyed, but not out of the count as her Armory was still standing along with the Erian Tactical Teams and the large numbers of Police Officers that were issued with rifles and ordered to kill Jackson's band of terrorists on sight.

But that would change.

Athtrim Naval Base: Radar Center.

Several men and women sat around the room eyes glued to screens.

Just in the next room they could hear a pair soldiers getting reprimanded for allowing a weapon that the military had in short supply get taken.

Suddenly several alarms blared, and dozens of unknown IFFs entered their screens.

And like a well oiled machine they worked. 

One instantly press the base wide alert on a code Red, and following this the whole Town by proxy head the air raid sirens going.

So did a Band of Terrorists in the woods.

Those men and women within that Radar room would send dozens of reports to everyone that needed it.

"We have over four dozen aircraft have entered our radar range, from the east.." One operator shouted.

"I have several high flyers as well, from the south.." Another one shouted.

"Just got about a dozen LARGE and I mean LARGE Flyers from the east as well. But they are moving slower then the rest."

They had no idea the hell that was coming.

.

Heavy Cruiser Arianna-Class "Ariana": Command deck.

.

Vice-Admiral Nelson instantly ordered his ships to way anchor and enter open water, it was far safer then letting his fleet be sunk like sitting ducks.

His Heavy Cruiser was the most advanced the Erian nation had to offer, with her co-ships with her being a pair of Light-AA Cruisers, a Missile Cruiser and about seven Destroyers with four being combat orientated for other ships, with two being AA and the last being meant for Anti-Submarine work.

His own Radar had picked up the aircraft as well and he planned to set up a screening force with the AA ships being the spear head.

(Several hours later)

"Admiral there!" One officer on the wings of the bridge shouted and pointed into the sky.

Nelson looked where the man had pointed. Though the markings he couldn't make out, but those were attack craft. "Get High Command on the horn, tell them that I will Die as a Traitor or as a Hero." 

His crew looked at him, "I order all Ships to destroy those Aircraft!"

"YES SIR!" His crew chorused.

/This is the "Annalee" Firing SAMS. Over and out./

The first of the Light-AA Cruisers fired of several off her Surface to air missiles.

Nelson followed the smoke trails heading towards the planes, their heatseeking guidance systems honing them onto the foe.

He watched as those with the locks dived out of formation and released flares. Smart he thought.

"Tell the 'Annabelle' to show these bastards that the Railgun that Maid nicked wasn't the only one."

/Annabelle, Vice-Admiral is giving a green light for the Railgun. Over./

/Confirm. Over./ The Radio operator asked on his Captains behalf.

/Confirmed. Over and out./

The Annabelle was the first ship who had her main weapon a dual-purpose 5" gun removed for a Railgun. 

She aimed at the Aircraft, she only charged 42 percent and fired.

-CRACK! BOOM!-

The Shot left the rapidly cooling barrel nearly at Mach 2.4, and she charged again. The shot put strain on the ships deck as she wasn't built for the weapon.

The plane that was struck seemed to just fall out of formation but a few seconds later it exploded to the crews of the ships delight.

The planes broke formation and moved erratically, though there was still a pattern which the gunner operating the Railgun figured out and fired and shone a wing of a plane.

"Sir we are picking out surface targets." Nelson's radar chief reported.

"Range?" He asked back, but several pillars of water answered for him. "All ships Full Ahead-Flank!"

His order was passed to the other ships.

Destroyers rushed ahead to get eyes on the enemy.

/This is Destroyer Leader, Dudlen. Spotting dozens of ships ranges less then nine miles. Permission to engage? Over./

/Granted it's been an Honor! Over and Out./

Nelson said to the Captain of the Destroyer himself

.

Destroyer Leader Udlen-Class "Dudlen"

.

/Granted it's been an Honor! Over and Out./

Captain Dudley smiled.

"You heard the Vice, were all fucked apparently but lets show him why we're the best crews on our Destroyers!"

"ORAH!" His crew shouted.

"Is the torps and depth charges ready?"

"Yes Sir." His XO called, Good he thought.

Shells landed all around his and his sister ships. But they pressed forward.

Nine fucken miles...

.

"Seven Miles."

.

"Six Miles. Sir the torps are in range."

"Not yet!"

.

"Five Miles."

This was becoming a miracle his three ships were taking all the fire and not one had been hit yet... but this will change.

"Four!"

.

An impact followed with an explosion consumed the command deck of the Kudlen to his ship's left.

"Sir the Kudlen has stopped all evasive movement. She's adrift."

His words were met with truth as every damn shell slammed into the Kudlen until she exploded. No survivors.

.

"Three, Sir the Sudlen is beginning her attack run on the enemy Battleships."

"May the Mother of Erie protect them and you Cloie " He said wistfully as he watched his sister ship, with his Girlfriend at the helm. He saw one last glimpse of her as she blew him a kiss and saluted from her bridge, he did the same back. But even now he knew she was blushing.

.

"ONE MILE SIR!"

He watched at the Sudlen increasing her speed and released smoke to allow his ship to go unseen... he was going to the big target, the Enemy Fleet Carrier they saw hiding in the back.

Within the smoke ahead he saw dozens of flashes than them to follow right as he went straight.

Just as his ship left the smoke the whole right side of the smoke was filled with red and orange.

.

"HALF MILE!"

His ship left the smoke to his right was Cloie's ship and around her was a dozen ships with severe damage from either close range torps with the minimum arming distance disabled and depth charges fired from launchers and managed to roll beneath the enemy ships.

The Sudlen her self was half dug into a the side of the Enemy Battleship, and it was only now was it he could see who his nation was fighting. No Survivors. 

"Tell Nelson it's the damn Gaelic Junta!"

He turned his attention straight ahead.

"Sir this has been an Honor." His XO stated. As his ship unleashed everything it had.

It would not sink anything but it would damn well fuck em up.

"IN THE NAME OF THE MOTHER!" He shouted just as a point blank salvo of 15" guns tore apart his conning tower.

But his ships aim was true as the Dudlen's prow rammed into the prow of the far large but fragile Gaelic Carrier. No Survivors.

.

Heavy Cruiser Arianna-Class "Ariana": Command deck.

.

Nelson wasn't happy, while those destroyers did provide the needed intel he knew that he wasn't going to win, nor was he retreating.

He was down to his last capital ships, The Annabelle, Annalee his own ship the Ariana and one last Destroyer the Judlen.

"Sir what will we do?" His XO asked his head bleeding as a near miss tore apart the wings off his bridge.

His ships were now firing gun to gun with the Junta ships and he was losing.

He made one of his most difficult decisions of his life, he reluctantly ordered an abandon ship.

"No sir!" His XO said.

Several more of the bridge crew refused and so did much of the ship. Those that did leave the ship were marines who at this time on all of the ships emptying the armories and going ashore.

With his crews refusal, he cracked a smile, "Damn kids." He opened a pack of cigars and gave one to each of his men on the bridge.

"All ships full ahead Flank." He ordered, "Lets delay these fuckers as much as possible to give our people time."

/Firing Railgun at surface targets./ The Annabelle suddenly called.

She aimed, the operator charged the gun to one-hundred. He smiled when the side on silhouette of an enemy Heavy Cruiser was in his sights.

-BO-OO-OO-OO-OOM CRACK! BOOM!-

The round left Annabelle going Mach 9 and it impacted the enemy Heavy Cruiser. It seemed fine?

-BOOOM-

The Heavy Cruiser exploded starting where the shell hit then followed be secondary explosions going the full length.  

The shot tore apart the ships deck but the deck held, and repair teems were already doing their best to keep the Railgun attached to the ship.

Nelson smile grew wider.

/Firing again!/

The next ship the operator sighted was an enemy Battlecruiser. But this time she was front on with the Annabelle.

-BO-OO-OO-OO-OOM CRACK! BOOM!-

The shot had again to do nothing but. This time when the ship exploded she blow up down the middle with both parts going different ways.

/Anoth-!/

Nelson looked expectantly why their was a sudden end of the last transmission.

"Annabelle has lost her conning tower sir." His XO reported grimly, and everyone looked back at the battle.

The Judlen rushed ahead dropping a screen of smoke and fired a spread of torps, all of her weapons blazing. As outside of the Annabelle, Annalee was out of AA missiles.

A 15" HE round slammed into the side of the Judlen splitting her down the middle, her weapons still firing as they sank beneath the waves.

His own ship took several direct hits, and many more near misses.

Then the Annalee began to sink, Nelson watched her capsizing, but she was still firing right up till she exploded from the ammo shifting around in her magazines.

A shell slammed into his command deck but passed right through and exploded in the water.

"That was clo-"

-BO-OO-OO-OO-OOM CRACK! BOOM!-

They suddenly shot looks at the Annabelle.

-BO-OO-OO-OO-OOM CRACK! BOOM!-

"Sir with that fire rate she will destroy herself."

"I think the Operator knows that" Nelson replied.

-BO-OO-OO-OO-OOM CRACK! BOOM!-

They could see the deck actively warping under the strain, the crew of the Annabelle had long since evacuated.

-BO-OO-OO-OO-OOM CRACK! BOOM!-

-BO-OO-OO-BOOM!-

They watched as the Annabelle's Railgun exploded destroying both the gun and the ship herself.

The front half of the Annabelle was just gone...

/This is the Admiral of the Western Junta Fleet. Surrender your ship!/ It was on all channels and even the Police could pick it up.

Nelson came next to the radio and said simply.

/I'm sorry the Nation of Erian doesn't have the facilities to both take care of your ships and house all of your crew, so Fuck off!/ And he too was on all channels

And those were Ariana's last words as she was obliterated.

Spoiler

This is a teaser for my Side-Project I have been working on.

Spoiler

A young beast-kin child ran through the streets of her township.

-Bang- -Boom-

Filled the air.

She was running towards those sounds, she know that was safety.

This Beast-kin child was a soldier, rescued from Slavers by her commander. She owed Commander, Commander was her Master. Though he hates that title.

She wore a kaki green uniform no dissimilar to the British soldiers, but unlike that helmet they wore she had a slouch hat. With a satchel flying in the wind

-Bang Bang-

She fired two shots from her Webley revolver, her own Owen Gun ran dry long ago.

She had fired blindly, something she wasn't going to hear the end of from Helena. But she did hear one the Slavers following her groan in pain.

"DOWN!" Someone shouted at her, she glanced forward and saw the uniform of the Wehrmacht, she dove to the ground as they gave two harsh bursts of their MG34 over her head. "GET OVER HERE!"

She got herself up and partially tackled the man, "What happened to your men?" He asked.

She nodded and opened her satchel, "Nallia found intel, Where commander?"

He nodded and noticed the scraps on Nallia. "He's somewhere to the south-east." He turned to his Corporal, "You have ammo?" He gestured to her Owen Gun.

"Nallia out of Ammo."

"Corporal swap your webbing!"

"Bu-!"

"THAT'S AN ORDER!"

She quickly followed and swapped her webbing and now had a German MP40 with ammo. "Nallia thanks you." She said and bolted off.

She ran through buildings, side streets to side streets.

As she bursts out of a building right into the middle of a fight between a unit of Americans and a large number of Slavers.

She raised the unfamiliar weapon and fired, she tore the back of the formation of Slavers apart.

Then she saw her, the American Liaison. Dizzy.

She moved with such grace you think she was a noblewoman.

But no she was here with her switch blade slicing necks.

She looked at Nallia, smiled and went back to the fight.

She continued running. She reloaded the weapon, but luckily She got to witness those of Mila's Reich's forces using this weapon.

She left a side ally and was grabbed by some Slavers that were waiting in ambush. She fired her MP40 in defiance, but when the Slavery collar was placed around her neck she lost all sense of self.

She let go of her MP40 and it hang limply as the sling prevented it from hitting the ground.

She was dragged off, her eyes vacant. Though she could see she couldn't do anything. The Collar was blank making those that wore it nothing more than obedient drones.

She another Liaison Katyusha fighting alongside another squad of riflemen, she was pointing at Nallia.

""BANZAI!"" A Squad of Nao's fanatics burst out of a side building covered in blood and their bayonets were lowered.

Nallia couldn't be happier, but the collar prevented her from doing anything but laying on the ground limply.

The squad ran off chasing the survivors, another game woman looked down at her, she was wearing a perfect black uniform with a camo jacket covering her right arm, but she smiled down at Nallia.

This was Mila. Commander's German Liaison. She had a group of SS with her.

"Up we go." She said as she pulled the Beast-kin onto her shoulder. "Squad protect me. It seem this, Beast-kin has something the Commander may need."

She get her men moved through the township that Nallia once called home. She could smell the burnt or burning bodies, the dry or drying blood. But one smell permeated the air was death. Just the dead.

After a long walk Mila lowered and someone looked her over. Judging from the armband with the Red-Cross it was a Medic.

"Oh Nallia." His voice was a thunder crack for her. She managed to involuntary twitch.

He knelt down and placed his hands on the collar. She felt his Mana enter both her and the collar as it opened with a click. His skin was well tanned from what Nallia could tell

"Commander!" She pounced him and while sitting on his lower abdomen a she rifled through her satchel for what she was looking for. All while her tail swished side to side, "Here!"

She pulled out a Double headed Eagle of the Imperial Family. Alongside a letter of allowance, a letter that allows Slavers to run amuck in other Races settlements within the Empire, in-exchange they get a cut of the profit.

"Nallia do good?" She asked, tilting her head.

He smiled and ran his fingers through her hair and paid close attention to her fluffy ears, "Nallia did do good. Thank you."

This was Commander Adam Ras'Cala. Leader of the Mercenary Organization "United Nations" But the Imperial Family called him Traitor.

But the name he is most known for is.

"The Black Summoner." 

[collapse]
[collapse]
23