Chapter 11: Organization of Athtrim’s Resistance, Jessica’s offer
752 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Jessica returned with the last of the Athtrim resistance members nearest to the forest, in front of me, I had nearly 30 people with varied backgrounds with few expectations like the members of the Police... but all knew who I was, and by proxy they knew my maid.

"Hello. My name is Jackson, I lead the resistance in your forests. Formally a Soldier of a nation that has been forgotten. I have asked my Jessica here to collect you all so that your effort will not be wasted." I introduce myself.

Senior Constable Nora, surprisingly still alive, spoke. "I am more aware then anyone else, where is the rest?"

Smiling I reply, "Long story short I was only in Athtrim for scouting but after finding several small pockets of resistance throwing their lives away for little gain, but I am here to ensure that the loss of civilian life is at least lessened..." My fist was clenched in a way that after opening it again my hand was covered in blood as I had accidently allowed my anger to run. A few saw my palm with a few confused about why I had done that.

Continuing, "I am not going to lie, in many other situations the Policemen or Women in this very room would have been seeing me at the end of their weapons. Take Nora, my people had wounded him... what a mere day or two ago? And here we are."

"That didn't answer my question." Nora said, unsatisfied as he watched me wrap a cloth around my bleeding palm.

"They are waiting, as I was unsure what the Gaelic had at the time, but seeing as they have yet to allow the Port and the soldiers there to sleep since the start of the battle well..." I shrug, "Be assured that the rest will join us once I know none of you will shoot me in the back."

That is when they started sharing glances, all but confirming at least some of them having those thoughts.

"Say we don't then what?" Asked a civilian, he held that shotgun in his lap like it was the only thing protecting him.

"Then my people, everyone here and I will be able to fight larger targets than the careless APC or team of Paratroopers. Because once that port falls, the army with real soldiers with everything an army need to win a war. Tanks, Comrades the believe and faith that he can win the war..." I wave my hand dismissively, "At least fighting with me would let you be actual soldiers, since as of right now. Those Paras can kill you all as insurgents, but if we hold out long enough and once you lot start wearing a more standardized uniform then you will be POWs and not dead."

Nora suddenly realizes something, he remembered what I had told him. "What, what about us? We aren't military?" He gestured at fellows.

"You are uniformed, you are representatives of your nation... if you have proof of Gaelic forces killing surrendered Police personnel that would constitute a war crime.... but thinking about it, I don't think we are operating on the same rules of war... for me and killing police out of hand is a crime, but if it isn't so... then..." I shrug. "It doesn't matter, if the Gaelic Junta are not willing to ever attempt to give a shit then we, and when I mean 'we' I mean you since this are just trained murderers being dropped into your homes."

"This is starting to make some form of sense..." Several more started nodding at that statement, "But, why should we even listen to you at all?"

"Does anyone here know how to fight a modern army?"

Shakes of heads.

"Does anyone here know how to fight a asymmetrical war?

More noes.

"Does anyone here know who to lead people in a conflict?"

They looked at Nora and their own respective leaders of their own cells, but those too shook their heads with the two Police leaders being the only that nodded.

I continued, "Everyone here, excluding the police. NO ONE! Can lead people within a conflict?"

My case was made, they all knew that only the Police could led them. But the Police knew that I was more capable in war...

"Fine." Nora says after everything goes silent, "What is the plan?" With that said, my role as the leader is set in stone. Maybe not in stone but well enough.

"First, all the Policemen here are being placed in a role were they are expected to support the would-be insurgents aka, Athtrim's armed citizenry here." I gesture, "Two, I expect that when the time calls for it you take the shot. These aren't your friends, this isn't a game, they are here to kill you! Enso you must be the first."

"What about those that gave up? You are still going to fight under your rules right? The same ones you extended to me and my fellow Officers not long ago?" Nora asked.

"Yes I will, though legal loopholes are another matter. But while here, I'll play good soldier." I tell him, "Continuing... while I don't expect you all to remotely care, or respect me. At least ad hear to what I say." 

Tanya enters the room, her right side and sword covered in blood with what looks like a long range radio set on her back. Walking up to me and put a intact Radio set with books on the nearest table.

Raising an eyebrow she answered. "First Frankish Para HQ Company was setting up nearby, so I reminded the Frankish why that was a bad idea." The causal way it was said spooks a few of them since only Nora and those that had seen here when this little group was started.

"Useful." Nora said, "At least we have something."

"It is, I hear somethings while coming back. The Paras have mostly finished their jobs and have successfully cut the Athtrim off... though the Police on the other side are contesting that point." 

The faces of the people light up, "Don't get your hopes up, that was the good news. The bad is that Naval Elements have started deploying Marines to aid in the siege of the Port while freeing the Paras to deal with us, and the Police hold outs." She stamps down on it.

Faces darken, but the news about the Police still fighting left an impression.

"That is good." I say, while I always had my own way to flee which is the woods. This news just gave me an idea that could lead to me being justified if FRIA does something against me. "Any news about the Erian Army? Or even the Naval Base?"

"They haven't said much, but all they can tell about the port is that all weapons are being used including Railguns, like the one your maid brought back."

I nodded. With this, I pull out a folded map that was found while we were scrounging for food and other supplies, the map only showed the section of the City I nominally control... on it I had marked out known FIRA Safe Houses, former Police Hardpoints/Stations and Gaelic Hardpoints both former and currant to our knowledge...

"Tanya, Nora..." I start and tap a nearby FRIA safe house, "Take three others and check if anyone is home, this should be a Safe House of FIRA... but if I even smells like Junta return, and I don't care how small."

"Understood commander." "Right." The pair instantly pointed at the three lowest ranking members of the EPTT and left into the back streets.

Looking at the map... I sent the Sergeant of the EPTT with the rest of his men to check out another location that was starting to smell like Junta...

The building shook, "That was a heavy shot." Someone commented, I think he was a member of the group that was near the Port but was evicted by the Paras.

"What do you think it is?" Another asked.

"Maybe sixteen? Fifteen? Inch shell." The first one said.

The building rumbled... "That isn't shelling from a naval bombardment, those are bombs." I comment...

My diligent maid, who was hiding on the roof of the building appeared next to me. Said appearance act, made those that were with me the longest just jump slightly, while the newest a bunch of students completely enter a flight or fight response.

"Mistress. Gaelic Junta bombers have started leveling the area around the Port and Naval Base, we are quite safe since we are rather far... but this has no regards to the civilians still within the areas affected." Her tone was calm, but forced from the strain in her voice.

"Really now?" She returns to her post at the roof.

The rooms turns dark even worse then when Tanya gave her news. The room explodes in activity, as those that may have lived in the area's that are now.

"Silence!" I ordered after allowing them to have a minute of letting their mouths run free. Looking at the map again, removing all the marks where once had several FIRA Safe Houses and and I guess were former Para Hardpoints...

Why would they level such a large area... what military value is there... the Naval Base with the main Port should have been more then enough... unless that was a calculated move to remove any chance of resistance forces moving to help those men... or it was to remove cover those men would need if they wanted to flee...

They want to clean fields with fire... the city might be... expendable. Summoning Jessica to me side I asked, "What do we know of the Junta fleet?"

"Not much Mistress, from the names we know that it is the West Junta Fleet, from that alone... We just don't know, we would need someone with that knowledge."

"Recommendations?"

"Short term enslavement for info gathering and stress relief."

"Acknowledged." I respond. Find an Officer, enslave them get my questions answered and fuck 'em... simple plan. Before she could leave three of the four Uni kids Jessica had brought with Nora approached, "Yes?" I asked without needed to look up.

"Could we discuss something in private?" A male voice asked, looking up at them. One male, two females and the last one of their group holding his head in the back with his right arm covered in blood.

"About?" Was my response.

"About Jessica our friend!" He grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me to face him. Jessica didn't move knowing that I would have killed him before he even got the chance.

With a sigh and grabbing my rifle, "Fine, follow us to the roof." With a follow gesture I start walking towards the stairs, I don't need this but whatever.

After getting onto the roof, I grab the guy and toss him on the ground. "NEVER TOUCH ME AGAIN!" I Shout and plant my foot onto his neck, "Understood!?"

He grasped my leg and attempted to push me off him, but to little avail his eyes darted to Jessica and the other two girls to find my maid was holding the naps of their necks.

"Do. We. Have. A. Understanding?" I asked again.

"Ye-Yes." He gasped out.

"Good. Now what did you want to talk about?" I asked after lifting my foot, my tone left them stumped.

"Mistress, they wanted to talk about me... and I too wish to talk about them." Jessica said, as both a reminder and added something of her own.

I turn to her, her body flinched, but she maintained her composure. "Mistress..." She said, before regaining her slowly demising courage. "I wish for them to join me as fellow staff." She blurts out.

"Eh?" Was that came from me... I didn't expect that at all.

"Jessica what?" The boy asked, "We want to get you out of this, not join you."

Jessica countered, "That time has passed, I am offering you... my old friends a chance to live through the coming storm. Athtrim was going to fall, that was a forgone conclusion but I had thought it would be by Mistress... but no those Junta bastards took that glory away from her. I want to... protect you guys." Jessica tears up.

Walking up too her, I cupped her cheek... "I see." Is all I say.

"Please Mistre-!" Placing my finger against her lip I silence her.

"Shh. The offer is on the table, it is up to them to accept then for me to remotely decide on whether on it." I told her and wiped a tear that was running down her cheek, turning to the rest I spoke. "Your heard her, there is no way to get her back. But she just offered a way for you all to live."

They looked just as stunned as I was a moment ago.

"Jessica, outside of the obvious need to save your friends... give a more practical reason why I should accept if or when they do." I asked, releasing my grip on her face.

"Ah... well. As you know I do most of the cooking within the resistance... and at the rate of expansion I would be unable to keep up... with no offence none of you can cook..." She smiles at my mocked hurt expression, "But I would need more help... and so, since I already knew them I could help them the most to get use to their new roles... and and."

"It alright. I commend you for trying to save your friends I really do but it is up to them and them alone." My praise lifts her heart.

"Thank you Mistress." She muttered softly.


Dear Readers.

I am not dead, this book has to many readers for me to dare to drop this book. I have set myself a personal goal, that I must keep writing until Erian as a Nation aka Ireland was under Jackson's control... which I have set to be around Chap 35 or 50.

And this is the beginning of the second act, as she operates openly.

But yes, this is my return. It was just my other book that will be released at the same time. As this Chapter.

Your Humble Author Royal Jeager.

19