Chapter 16: Collecting the rest
332 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanya and Lee were making the walk towards the woods to go collect everyone else from the Forest and move them into the city. They both left a dusk and were expected to reach the everyone in the forest by midnight, which included the time to avoiding Gaelic Para patrols and a newly found group of "disgraced" soldiers who took the chance in the chaos to desert the military for personal gain just to be trapped.

(Lee POV)

I rubbed my waist every time I blink I see him, his brown eyes looking at me with shock and fear as I drove a pen of all things into his neck. Feeling a slight pat on my arm I looked down to see Tanya.

"You doing okay?" She asked sounding somewhat concerned.

"Yeah, just thinking." I lied, but she easily stabbed past it and asked.

"You are unsure what to feel regarding the man you killed right?" Tilting her head and the way her eyes widen slightly.

With a sigh, I respond with a almost inaudibly "yes" as I kept following her as we reached the University... "What was it like for you?" I asked, looking for something to think about.

"For me?" She wondered to herself as she opened the door and entered the main lobby, I wasn't sure why we were going through the university, "For me I was raised in a culture where war was a norm so learning to kill happened when I was young and I went to war when I was nine-ish. -shrugging- I think I am barely 15 now? But when I first killed I was far away from him, but we were at war... so meh."

We walked through a few corridors in silence, "But what was it like for... Mistress?"

With a very creepy smile she answered, "Ask her yourself once we return. But from what I know... she is very different from the me... I guess you could say she is more sociopathic then me."

"And what does that mean?" I asked somewhat confused.

"Don't tell anyone but Mistress is holding herself back, if she wanted she would have killed off everyone that is in this little resistance we have going. She sees them as nothing more then useful tools, for example the police are there is just to help hold a form of legitimacy while still being a enemy of Erian."

I stopped and blinked at the answer. Did she really now see us as even people... or is she speaking in the sense that since aren't human we don't count as being anything worth her time. Hmm. So did Jessica save me from a almost certain death? Did she know? Would she have gladly killed me and our friends by a whim of... I guess our Mistress?

Noticing that Tanya had not stopped a catch up to her... after following for at least ten minutes we reached the other end of the campus grounds before she stopped suddenly and pushed me into a nearby classroom.

"Shh!" She whispered harshly and within her right hand appeared a dagger which she took in a reverse grip and moved next to the door and gestured for me to back away, following as instructed I backed up away from the door and hide myself.

She waited as I heard several voices talking, all Gaelic but I had no idea what they were saying their voices and their foot falls got louder and as they did so we both pushed ourselves farther into cover to the point were I could barely see Tanya and I'm in the same room as her.

The foot steps stopped outside of the room we're hiding in and it seemed a joke was told as they laughed, but then they continued walking and we didn't move until we couldn't hear them at all.

But when I moved a dagger got crashed into the floor in front of me and lodged itself. How strong is she? The floor is tiled.

I froze and waited, with what seemed like hours passing but I knew it to be only minutes. But the whole time Tanya stared at me with her eyes glowing a low golden hue and they almost seemed to move in a swirl towards her pupils. After another few moments she walked out of the shadow by the door and walked over to me, getting onto her knee and taking her dagger she gave a simple.

"Lets go." It sounded so... uninterested... so. I'm not sure how to describe it, without even needed to say it I knew I'd done something very wrong.

Falling behind her we finally left the University.

..

.

We had entered the forest maybe a half hour ago and the moon was high in the sky with it's half crescent... but it almost seemed upset by what it sees. I wonder if Humans get this same feeling when they gaze upon it as well...

I was going to speak but the sound of bushes being moved and the sight of a half dozen women in body armor along with weapons raised. I looked to Tanya but she didn't even seem like she is going to fight... so are these friends?

"Stop aiming at me! What would the Commander think if you did this to her?" Tanya asked with an authoritative tone, "Now Fenrir comeahere!" A wolf that was nearly twice as tall as her almost barreled through the women with many yelling at it... so this wolf is called Fenrir? What the fuck did they feed him? On second thought I don't want the answer to that...

Instead of the firearms being lowered they were just shifted to me, "Vice-Commander who is he?" As a woman with a what sounded like a sore throat. I couldn't make out her face since she had some kind of mask covering it

Jumping a little and answered, "I-I'm Lee, a new servant of Mistress." I replied. They looked at me for a few moments before easing themselves.

"Well then. Names Emma... and I guess welcome to the Goddess's Resistance." She weirdly had an New World accent... you learn something new everyday I guess.

11