Chapter 17.5
240 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Several hours after the battle)

"Sir!" An aid of the Major called, as he entered the command tent in a panic.

"Yes?" He asked the aid, semi confused.

"The men have returned. But..." Though the wording should be good news, but the still panicky tone made it worse.

"But?" The Major asked with a raised eyebrow.

"But they are missing both tanks and three men are confirmed KIA and the rest are missing their equipment outside of three handguns." What? The Major looked at his aid again, and he saw nothing that told him that he was being lied too.

"Bring them in." And what followed was the most confusing hour and half of the Major's life...

...

"Your telling me... a mixed group of Police, Civilians and the later arrival 'Jackson's' people... not only stopped two tanks. But with a railgun that was stolen destroyed one and forced the other to set the thermite charges off... and surrender right?"

"Yes sir."

"Why did no one try to disengage? And you know retreat?"

"We didn't have the chance, our crews... especially our drivers could not see where friendly infantry was so we were rescinded to staying still..." The tank commander answered, "With the tanks being unable to move without accidently crushing friend or foe, it left the infantry no choice but to say as well since if they ran, they could have been gunned down and we ourselves boarded and left with little too no chance to set the charges to go off. Sir."

"We're sorry for our failed conduct." The three tell their superior.

"No it's not your fault. Your dismissed and you conducted yourselves to the best your ability within this... situation."  The three salute, and leave.

Just in the other room two women stood, both of them only there since they are "recovering" from their brief time as prisoners said resistance that just defeated the armored recon force. Due to their unique situation both had been excluded from frontline operations but were permitted to work within the FOB, with both working in their respective roles.

The youngest and higher ranked of the two was of a more... noble birth and held her rank as she inherited it from her mother. Just a simple Second Lieutenant.

The other being in her mid thirties and assigned to the other since it would be easier to find them both if needed.

A trait both seemed to have was that their eyes were hollow, as if traumatized according to the medical staff, but it was ruled to not inhibit their ability to do non-combat work. But what no one knew was that both were trapped in their own minds, constantly fighting to free themselves, but always falling short. But every failure brought them closer to submitting to their Mistress.

In hushed tones they spoke to each other, "Mistress did it." The words monotone, lifeless.

"Should we report?"

"No. It might to to suspicions. Remain to the orders given." With a nod both walked away towards their own tents.

8