Chapter 18: Standardization
229 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another day passed and I've gotten no new reports from my moles... I was in a different building from everyone else as Tanya and I were talking about my rather random use of weapons and my clear indication of what we are even doing.

"To be honest, the weapons you've picked are good. The issue is that the more different the guns the more different the ammo and we start wasting RP on ammo that only one or two people will need. Not counting the random clothing some are wearing and... I can talk a storm but we both know you fucked yourself with your wide weapon choice. Recommendation get the armory building so that we can store our unneeded weapons and get ammo at a cheaper price."

Pacing back and forth, fiddling my thumbs. Militarily removing weapons that use munitions types would ease the combat ability of my Resistance to operate as we could share ammo between each other...

"To be honest I have no idea what the hell I was doing..." I told her, "I maybe a month or 2 ago was fighting for my life against some wonky eyed fuckers... just to only die by not enemy fire.. but no to those I consider brothers and sisters in arms... ju-!"

...

"Sargent Jackson... are we going to live?" Asked a Cadet, the boy no old then sixteen clutching his rifle in fear, at the question the other Cadets looked at me, after all we were fighting on Australian soil, in the very streets these kids grow up it.

With the best smile I could muster and replied. "Yeah, after all we're Aussies nothing can kill us."

...

Feeling a smack across my face and Tanya's shouting, "Commander!" Worry was evident in her voice. 

"What!?"

"You zoned out mid sentence."

"I did?" I asked completely confused. I've never zoned out like that. Sitting down on a nearby table and did some breathing exercises, to calm my heart which was racing.

"Are you okay?" Tanya asked.

"Not sure... just remembering this from before." I replied, "It seems my past won't leave me just yet." Laughing a little.

"You sure?"

"Yeah... look we'll standardize, hell I need better clothing. But nonetheless... what other issues are there?"

"The fact the Resistance and I have no idea what we are even doing... did you forget the Gods have given you free rain to do whatever you want?"

"I know..." I state in a somewhat sad tone, "I look around myself, at the city and what do I see? Another burning home of someone who fights under my command... I don't know what those fuckers saw in me. What was it? My sadistic excitement in battle? My almost child like wonder at watching people die? Or was it the fact me being myself got me killed!?" I shouted at her.

"The Gods saw a girl who was abandoned by her family. They saw a girl who joined the army so she could die since she was too much of a coward to do it herself. They saw a girl who through her sheer force of will survived multiple run ins with ISIS, Talban and PLA forces..." Tanya's voice started strong but turned somber near the end, "They saw a girl being what she always was. A woman that thought fighting fun... the first time within her life something gave her enjoyment, her personality crafted by her own hands and forged by war. A woman that is now here, and by the will of the gods given everything she could have ever wanted. A second chance to do whatever she wanted... without army regulations, comrades that will never turn against her and people that are just as fatalistic as you once were."

I remained silent, I was everything that's said... and yet... "You seem so out of character when your nice, you know that."

"Better then that fucking dress."

Not being able to help it I started laughing as I remembered that episode. After another couple of minutes of laughing I pause as I hear a sword being drawn, "You feeling better now?" A menacing voice asked.

"Yep." Getting up and walking past Tanya as she smiles slightly and sheaths her sword. "Thanks." I muttered, though I think she didn't hear me.

.

"Tanya can I asked something of you?"

"Yes Commander."

"Why don't you use a gun? I mean can't you do the same things you did in the Anime?"

She gave me her signature smile and gave me a simple, "Not as fun compared to the blade."

"And here I thought you couldn't find a gun you liked." I replied and gave my own smile.

Taking a seat in the HQ... After the menu appeared I got the Armory build and placed into down in another room with that down I also upgraded the Barracks to hold more people and the HQ... with a guess bought five L86A2's, two dozen magazines of ammo and swapped them for some of the primaries I originally got and gave them to those that needed it.

"You know Commander, you could do the things I do with firearms. Did you forget. Our magic is based on imagination ." Tanya tells me as I give the last L86A2 away...

"Now I just want to test it." I reply.

"Their is a massive fleet of ships not far away?"

"Maybe later." I answered though I wasn't totally against it, "Well time for a dress change." Pulling on a strap on the front of my body armor with a loud bang, all the straps from around m undid themselves making it easier to remove. Putting that aside and only now I realized the stained mess of a top I'd been wearing since I've entered Athtrim as I always put off the idea of sleeping without my armor on... but holy shit.

"I'd best be off, see you later." Tanya stated and tossed me what looked my baby wipes, catching it... with that she left the room and closed the door behind here.

Stripping to nothing and gave myself a wipe down with the wipes... last time I ever had a "wipe shower" was the "Siege of Palmerston" yeah, that right shower system didn't work at CDU so we had to raid the local shopping center for these wipes. Whatever, cleaning my armpits and crotch, feeling the cleanliness as I wipe the rest of my body.

With that purchasing a camo top and pants, said camo was a mix of gray and blackish blotches on a plain green base. Patting myself down and straightening it up where needed, grabbing my armor carrier again and get it on and redoing the velcro around me waist and tightening my straps then the ammo poaches. Lastly I got my helmet on and left the roof heading towards the building where Nora and the rest of the "Athtrim" half of my resistance. 

8