Ch.4. The Unforgettable Night (pt.1)
8.1k 11 163
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 months has past since Hii has come into the world. He soon became familiar with his new family members as well as Akumu. Since the two meet whenever Hii sleeps, He's had no choice but to get along with Akumu.Everyone else was very easy to get along with.

"Hii-chan!! Look here!"

"Aah!!"

Kaya smiled brightly as she shook a little rattle in her hand. Hii could now sit up and could move his head slightly, keeping his eyes on his relatives. Hii had become the liveliest person in the household. Everyone wanted to spend time with Hii, mostly because Hii wanted to spend time with everyone else. The family found Hii to be an exceptional delight with very little problems. 

Hii didn't seem to have the normal child problems as he only cried for two reasons. They were to either eat or because of poop. Any other time and Hii would be busy kicking, laughing, smiling, or sleeping. This lead to everyone always being around him. 

Di was the one who would always tell Hii about war stories or previous ninja battles he had before he lost his leg. Hii would always be silent and attentive to his grandpa, much to Di's delight. He would always be wacked by Riku,however, if the stories got too violent. 

Riku herself enjoyed holding Hii and simply humming a tune as she would usually be the one to rock him to sleep.

Henda was the most awkward of the group as he really didn't know what to say to a baby, but Hii gave him a rather easy way out. Henda would just put Hii close to his head and Hii's hands would shoot into Henda's hair at extreme speed! This was always followed by a squeal of delight as Hii would only think of how fluffy it was. This,of course, made Henda's time bittersweet as the other three didn't like how Henda could always make Hii so happy.

Kaya always had the most time with Hii when she was at home. They had a lot of fun and idle time together, although feeding time wasn't the best time for Hii. He always wished he didn't have a older soul when he had to drink from a boob. Akumu always teases him to imagine it as a water ballon, but Hii couldn't get over his discomfort. Kaya picked Hii up and watched as he grabbed the rattle and started to shake it.

"Aaah!"

"Oooh! My Hii is so smart!"

Kaya began to spin in happiness as Hii just kept squealing happily.

"Oi! Kaya, don't swing Hii around like that!"

"Ok, Mom! I'll calm down. It's just... Hii really brightens my mood."

Kaya looked outside the nearby window towards the Hokage statues. The four heads stood silently over the leaf while Kaya's focus was mainly on the fourth head. Riku's expression became a bit grave as she watched her daughter.

"Haven't heard from her yet?"

"Yea... She should be due around this time. She hasn't called out to me yet though."

Kaya was becoming worried as she knew Kushina would definetly let her know if anything was wrong. When the two first met, Kaya decided she would help protect the little red habanero. This lead to her gaining her own nickname from her mastery of water style and shooting her opponents with precision, becoming "Storm Clouds". 

The two were inseparable after that, only to include Minato after he saved Kushina from the cloud ninjas that tried to abduct her. Kaya was even more angry at this fact since her lineage is from The Hidden Cloud Village. She didn't care about Kushina being a Jinchuuriki since she knew they were two different beings in one body. She loved Kushina and that's all she cared about. 

Though she was more mature now and also had more people she loved in her life, Kushina and Minato would always have there Big sister's help whenever they asked. Riku sighed as she saw her daughter deep in her thoughts. 

"Everyone grows up, Kaya. You felt it when Hii was born, right?"

"What do you mean?"

"If those two meant any harm to Hii, you would protect Hii at all costs on your own, right?"

"...."

"That girl will also be a mother and will want to protect and nurture her baby on her own. She'll want to be able to hold her own with her husband, or alone. She can't be dependant on a big sister."

".... I know."

Kaya hugged Hii tighter as she looked at the setting sun. She wished there was something she could do for her little sister, but couldn't think of anything.

*****

Akumu sat patiently in Hii's soul, sensing him having fun with his mother. A smile crept on his face as he saw Hii enjoying his mother's company. His smile didn't last long however, as he observed the calender marking the day.

[Today's the day. It'll probably be a few more hours. How am I suppose to stop it?]

Akumu snarled at his weakness and shook his head.

[No, I can at least mitigate it. I just need to figure out what I should choose.]

*I can help you with that.*

[!!]

Akumu stood up and bared his fangs. 

Someone could come in here?!

[Who's there?!]

*Oooh, c'mon! It's only been 5 fucking months! Am I that forgettable?!*

A familiar, dark figure appeared in front of Akumu, looking as whimsical as ever.

[You!]

*Yes! Me! How else am i suppose to respond to that? Tell you I'm someone else?*

Akumu didn't let his guard down as he stared at the being.

*Heh. Still mad I split you off?*

[...]

*You are all the grit and tenacity. It wouldn't be fun if I didn't let you hold the weight of the life. The other one would've been buried, again.*

[... What do you want?]

*Well, Order has been grinding my ass to make it fair for you since I put you here. Can't believe that guy.*

The figure scratched his head and continued.

*Since I gave you a shitty deal all around, That's worth 2 boons. Since you're technically a whole other person now apart from...?*

[Hii.]

*Right. Well, since you're a different person from Hii, you need your own boon. So I'll help you out since i know what you plan to do, or rather stop.*

The figure's shoulders jumped up and down as he shook his head side to side.

*I can't believe someone like you was a goody two shoes deep down. I fucking love it!*

The figure rose his hands up as he seemed to cackle in his own madness. 

*I live for Chaos as I am Chaos. It would be boring if I didn't let your attempt at least become feasible.*

[So you'll give me 3 boons?!]

*Yep! You seem to be on a roll with luck, huh?*

Chaos nodded his head, not waiting for a response.

[I can choose what I want then,right?]

Chaos looked up at Akumu and blurted out.

*Fuck No!*

[?!]

*Ha! You may get boons out of me, but I'll give you what you need, not what you want!*

Chaos laughed as three dark orbs formed around him as it began to think.

*Hmmm. That's good for a wolf like you. It'll be unique too out of the bunch. That one isn't too bad either. Oh!! And if I add that one too!? Hehehehehe!!*

Akumu felt his fur spike and tried to flee, but found himself unable to move at all!

*Come on! After all my thinking for your sake, and you wanna run away?! These boons aren't bad, you know.*

Chaos floated in front of Akumu as the balls of darkness came closer.

*Now, hold still. This will probably hurt.*

163