Ch.6. The Unforgettable Night (pt.3)
6.7k 14 140
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The silence between the two was heavy. 

' My life energy....'

Akumu slowly started to become jittery as Hii was deciding. His tail started to swish around and he couldn't face Hii. Not with what he requested. 

[Well, I probably don't need it. Yeah. I can probably make it wo-]

' I'll do it.'

[What?!]

Akumu shot up on all fours, looking in shock.

[You really don't have to-]

'You want save people, right?'

Akumu could only slowly nod his head in acknowledgement.

' Then save people. That's as simple as it gets.'

Hii nodded his head. Akumu couldn't help, but be impressed with Hii. He couldn't help, but wonder if he had a side of him like this.

'I have a condition though.'

[What is it??]

'You have to make sure Mom is safe. I only care about that.'

[...Got it.]

Akumu wouldn't let this chance slip by.

[I won't need to take it right now, but it would likely-]

*Crack*

Their small world began to break as small cracks formed all around them.

'What is happening?!'

[I don't..... No!]

The world shattered as Hii was enveloped in a flash of light.

****

"Ah!!!"

Hii cried as his father hurriedly picked him up from his crib. Hii was confused by what was happening, but the face his father had was one he wouldn't forget. 

It was a face of fear and worry.

"I'm sorry!! We gotta go, Hii!"

Henda picked up some of Hii's necessities and made his way towards the front of the house. Outside, Granpa Di and Grandma Riku stood in front of the house looking up. Hii's eyes couldn't help, but follow and his body shivered in fear.

'W-what the hell is that?!'

[....That's the being I was talking about.]

Hii couldn't believe such a beast existed. Red, spiky fur covered its whole body and its 9 enormous tails. His sharp teeth snapped at the rocks and boulders sent towards him while his claws swiped through buildings. His red eyes glowed with rage, gazing at the village.

"Ggggguuuuurroooaaaaaah!!!"

The beast roared into the night, promising the village and unforgettable event.

****

Hii could only look in terror as the beast fought the village.

'You, you're going to fight that?!'

[I'm gonna try. I can only try!]

Hii could feel it clearly now. Akumu's emotions were closer to Hii than ever before. He could feel fear,excitement, and worry. Hii's tiny fists clenched around Henda's shirt as he became filled with conviction.

'When will you take my energy?'

[....as soon as Kaya-]

'Call her mom.'

[....As soom as..Mom comes.]

The front door opened and everyone turned around. Kaya stood with her standard Leaf equipment. Dark blue pants and shirt with her leaf green vest and her headband covering her forehead. She had a solemn, but determined look on her face as she gazed in the direction of the Kyuubi without flinching.

"Kaya! You should come with us to the shelter! They will probably need-"

"No, Honey. I'm going to battle."

Her unwavering tone caused the Henda to flinch and hold his head down. Di went towards his daughter and the two stared at each other in silence. Di then patted his daughter's head, much to her shock. She could feel what he wanted to say, despite him not having said it.

I'm proud of you.

Riku smiled as she too went forward and hugged her daughter.

'These two idiots really need to express themselves to each other more.'

"Be safe."

Kaya nodded as she hugged her mom back. 

"Ah!!"

The one sound that made Kaya falter finally appeared. Her final and strongest obstacle.

"Let me hold him."

Kaya managed to choke these words out as she held her hands out to Henda. Hii looked at her with tears in his eyes, arms outstretched towards her. She struggled to keep her tears in as her fear was picked up with Hii in her arms. Thoughts of her not coming back came and went through her mind as she consoled Hii. Little did they know that he wasn't crying just for his mom fighting the scary monster.

'Aaaaah, this hurts!'

[I'm almost done! Hold on!]

Akumu was taking the energy he needed from Hii as carefully and quickly as he could. Hii's hands gripped Kaya's vest as hard as he could.

Kaya could feel how hard he gripped her, and felt her resolve slowly getting crushed.

'He'll make me not want to go. I have to give him back.'

Kaya tried to give Hii back to Henda, but found him holding on for dear life to her. Her tears finally started to fall as she saw his tear soaked face. She couldn't help but kiss his head and hold him close.

"I'm sorry! Mom's has to go. You'll be good for Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, ok?."

Kaya felt her heart shatter as Hii slowly started to loosen his grip. 

She couldn't bear to look at him now as she quickly handed him over to Henda and dried her face.

Everyone looked at her with conflicting emotions as she faced away from them.

"I'm going. Take care of Hii for me."

"Only until you get back."

Di said as he started to walk to the shelter with Riku. Henda's face was already a mess at this point and he could barely hold his sniffles in.

"Thank you, Dad."

Kaya disappeard in a cloud of smoke as she hurried over to the front line.

The family watched as she left and soon hurried over to the shelter. No one noticed how Hii's sand blond hair slowly started to become snow white.

140