Ch.13. The Babies Meet (pt.2)
5.8k 3 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two of them got dressed after eating and started heading out to the meet up point. 

Kaya wore a black and white dress that matched Hii's little shirt and shorts. Kaya held Hii in her arms as she gleefully skipped over to Kushina's home. Hii enjoyed the sights as he looked at everything they passed with excitement. 

"Oooh! I can't wait to show you to Kushina and Mikoto! You're gonna look so cute together with their kids!"

'I wonder what they look like? Do you know, Akumu?'

Hii waited for an answer, but Akumu was strangely silent.

'Akumu?'

[Huh?! Y-yeah, this should be fun!]

'...That's not what I asked you.'

[Oh.... Then what was it you asked me?]

'Before that, are you ok?'

[.... Honestly, no. I've been thinking about something.]

'What?'

"We're here~!"

Kaya tells Hii as they come to the house. A nice, homely style house came into Hii's view as he looked in front. Kaya walked right to the door and knocked a few times. Hii could hear the sound of shuffling inside the home as Kaya waited patiently for the door to open.

"Hmmm, two of them, eh?"

[So that's what that was.]

"Ah?"

Hii was so confused, he unconsciously let out his real thoughts. Though they weren't much words yet.

Kaya shook her head and kissed Hii on his forehead.

"It's nothing I need to worry about. Isn't that right,Hii?"

"Ah!"

Hii decided to forget it and enjoy his day!

*****

Inside the Uzumaki/Namikaze home, Hii found himself in a pickle.

"Aah!"

"Ah."

"Ah?!"

Hii watched as two other babies crawled after him in like a slow motion chase. The first one was a baby with shiny blonde hair, blue eyes, and three whisker marks on his face. He also had a very bright red onsie on that his mother seemed proud to see him wearing.

Hii learned his name was Naruto Uzumaki, son of the same red haired lady he liked a few months back, Kushina Uzumaki. This was her house as she squealed at her son's cute antics.

The other boy had black eyes and black hair that seemed to refuse to be tamed. This child was Sasuke Uchiha, son of the other woman with long black hair, Mikoto Uchiha. His black onsie had a small fan on the back.

The one Hii found to be strange was Kaya, as her nose seemed to grow bigger and bigger at Hii's evasive dodges of the other babies. 

He still didn't know why they were chasing him or why the mothers made a game of it. He just had the sinking suspicion that if he was caught, he'd be slobbered on. 

"Go get em, Naruto!"

"You can do it, Hii! Go~!"

"Do your best Sasuke! Itachi and I are cheering for you!"

[Seriously? What kind of play date is this?]

Mikoto looked to her left to see a boy with similar features to Sasuke, but with tamer hair. He looked to be around 5 years old and had a stoic look on his face. It seemed to drop, however, when he looked at Sasuke.

"What do you think of this little date, Itachi?"

Mikoto asked her older son, Itachi Uchiha, his thoughts on the event in front of him.

"Well, to be honest, I don't really understand why you are cheering for them chasing Hii-chan around, Mother."

"Fufufu. It's for bonding purposes."

Itachi looked at his mother skeptically. Mikoto merely brushed it off with a smile as she once again focused on Sasuke who found an interesting toy block.

Naruto, on the other hand, had loads of energy to spare.

"Aaah!"

'How many circles do you want to crawl in?!'

Hii had no choice, but to continue to crawl away from Naruto as he didn't seem to give up at all on getting to Hii.

Hii then decided to try a new tactic, hiding behind the now preoccupied Sasuke.

Narut ended up heading straight into Sasuke, making the others giggle and smile at the antics.

[Hey.]

'Hmm? What's up?'

[Crawl over to Itachi for me.]

Hii didn't really understand why he had to go to Itachi, but decided to do it anyway. He made his way over to him easily since the other two seemed preoccupied with the block.

"Ara Ara~! Hii is curious about you, Itachi."

Itachi looked down at Hii with a curious glance as he slowly reached to pick him up.

As he reached down, Itachi felt a strange chill pass through his hand, causing him to shiver slightly.

"?"

Itachi looked around to find the source, but couldn't figure out where the chill came from. 

He decided to ignore it and picked up Hii, who promptly reached for Itachi's bangs.

"Hii really likes hair, doesn't he? He grabbed mine when we first met again too."

Kushina smiled, loving the fact that someone else could like her hair.

"Haaa. It's his Dad's fault. Hii's hands always shoot to his head whenever he holds him."

"Haha! I wonder if he will do that to Minato too when they meet?"

The mothers laughed as the babies continued to play around. 

Akumu, however, seemed to be deep in thought.

'Akumu? Did this help going to Itachi?'

[...Yeah. It did. Thanks.]

'You're welcome!'

Hii continued to play with Itachi's hair as Itachi found this new little baby to be kind of cute.

****

Kaya brought Hii back to his room after dinner. The family laughed at Kaya's telling of Hii's first playdate with the other kids and even more when Hii kept going to his Dad to play with his hair. 

"Ok Hii~. Time to go to bed."

"Ah!"

Kaya smiled as she gently placed Hii in his little crib. She brushed her son's white hair as she looked down at him.

'I really want to know why his hair turned white.'

Kaya remembered her anger 5 months ago when she came back from the Kyuubi attack. She nearly washed the house away in rage if it wasn't for her family calming her down. The family had searched all around the house to find the source of this mutation, but came up with nothing.

Kaya's worry was felt by Hii as he used the rails of the crib to stand and pat her face.

"Ah!"

"Pfft!"

Kaya giggled and kissed her son's head.

'It doesn't matter. He's still my baby.'

"Go to sleep, Hii. Mommy will see you in the morning."

Kaya laid Hii down once more and headed back to her room after turning the lights off.

Hii laid in the dark and was slowly preparing to go to sleep.

As his eyes started to get heavy, a serious voice echoed in his head.

[Hii. We need to talk.]

 

134