Ch.21. Research Visits (pt.1)
4.7k 1 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a month now and I still don't really get it. 

Mom refuses to tell me now since she just loves to prank me. Her main excuse is, of course:

"You have plenty of time! Just play in the water like a normal child!"

This is her go to excuse since 2 weeks ago.

[Maybe your Mom just wants you to take it easy. They do say all work and no play make for dull ass kids. I know an example of one.]

'Who?'

[You haven't met him yet, but when you do, you'll understand.]

Whatever. Mom's getting ready to prank me again. Even she's gotten into having fun, bringing only a bathing suit and a jacket to the lake. 

I feels weird to say, but Mom has some pretty good style. A white two piece with her figure is pretty breathtaking. 

Especially if she wasn't hurling Water balls at me right now. 

"Hii-chan!! Momma's gonna send a big one now too~!"

"What about this is Water Style training?!"

"That's easy! If you ever run into a ninja like me, you better run~!"

Fuck! That's just a Water Boulder!!

I make a few handsigns and try one of my few techniques. Please let this work!

Clone Jutsu!

I make a 5 clones that run in different directions. Hopefully Mom can't identify-

"I caught you~!"

Mom grabbed and supressed me in her chest immediately!!

"Nooo! How did you catch me?!"

"Hehehe~! That's silly, Hii. Mothers will always find their babies! Now for your punishment~!"

"Mom,stop! I really don't get it! Moooom!!"

***** 

"Ugh! That was horrifying."

[She gave you some sound advice though. Anyone who can use water style like her is better avoided.]

Akumu and I are walking through the streets towards the place where I can make a comeback! 

The Konoha library!

All these great books in here, one of them has to have something about Water style!

'Let's ask the librarian where I can find something about chakra natures.'

I find the lady and she directs me to an aisle nearby. I hope it's not on the higher shelves.

'You see it, Akumu?'

[Nope. It's might be taken already.]

Haaaa, let's look around some more. I'm not giving up here!

"Is that it?!"

I find a book in the corner called...

"Water Style in Medical Ninjutsu?"

This isn't exactly it, but...

"I'm taking it!"

I find a chair and sit down and groan as I lift the heavy book.

[Fun. Let's see how far their medical and anatomy science is in this world.]

Huh?!

'Akumu? You studied medicine?'

[Yeah. One of my methods to kill that bastard was to poison him. Had to figure out the limitations of the body, so I'd make sure his chance was slim to none in case he got to a hospital in time.]

'Really?! That same guy! What did he do?!'

[.....]

'Nevermind!'

I open the book with a sigh and start to read.

*****

I'm finally heading back after a long day....with the book strapped on my back. I'll bring it back in a week.

[I didn't think you'd like it so much.]

'It's amazing!! To be able to heal people with cellurar, cellular regeneration is so cool! The chakra system is so vast and strange!'

I feel like my eyes are sparkling as I skip my way back home. I can't wait to study some more!

[Hey, doesn't your Mom know it?]

I stopped dead in my tracks. How could I forget?!

"Mom doesn't, but maybe Grandma does!"

I can get her to teach me too!!

I quickly head back home and find everyone getting ready for dinner. 

.....Why are Mom's cheeks puffed and Dad's kneeling on the floor?

"Ugh?"

"Nii-san."

Yozora comes over to me and I rub his head.

"Hey bro. What happened?"

Yozora turned and pointed at Dad.

"Forgot Mom's order. No weapons ready for mission."

.....I clasp my hands together and pray Dad survives. 

"What's that?"

Yozora points to my back.

"Something else I'm gonna try to learn! It's really interesting."

"Good luck."

Yozora's so cute. Just wish he'd show a bit more emotion.

I leave the interrogation room and look for Grandma. I find her in her room, combing Moya's hair.

"Hey, Hii-Nii! Where'd you go today? I was looking for you to play!"

"Sorry, Moya. I went to the library to figure out how to do  Water Style jutsus."

Grandma's brows prick up when she heard that.

"A ninja must be resourceful. Did you find what you needed?"

"No, but I found an interesting book on Medical Ninjutsu using Water Style."

Moya gets excited and wants to read the book, but it seems she can't get past the first few pages before she gives up.

"Hii-Nii. You are way too smart. I don't get it at all."

"Hohoho. Some things are better suited for others. Did you want to learn Medical Ninjutsu, Hii-chan?"

I nodded my head with a smile.

"I wanna be able to heal everyone in the family! I also want to get you and Grandpa's limbs back!"

I've been thinking about for a little while now. Grandma and Grandpa were definitely strong when they had all their limbs. I want to experience that strength one day! 

Grandma smiles warmly at me and rubs my hair. 

" Thank you,Hii. I don't know much, but I learned enough to stop my injuries when I was younger. I'll teach you what I know at least."

I smile while Grandma rubs my head. She then tells Moya to head in to see if Dad got up yet, and tells me to sit down in front of her.

"Come, I haven't combed your hair in a while. It's getting long."

We have a nice moment while Grandma hums a Hidden Rock song. It's kinda catchy I thought as I close my eyes and let the comb dance through my hair.

******

I laid back on my bed after looking at the book some more.

'Fascinating. The chakra system is really something else. It's like the nervous system, but completely different.'

[Yeah. It's different alright. Did you figure out something from the methods shown in the book?]

I nod my head, but it's not enough.

'I got a good basis, but I need to find something that will pull it all together.'

[Well, why not look into another element? Maybe Itachi can help you out.]

"That's it!"

Itachi! The Uchihas! And most importantly, Fireball Jutsu!

I can apply whatever they do in that to Water style!

Looks like I'm visiting Aunt Mikoto's place tomorrow.

I tuck myself in and get ready for another day of research!

I wonder if Dad's on the floor still. Poor guy.

112