Ch.23. The New Challenger!
4.5k 4 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shisui takes me out to a nearby lake to show me how the jutsu works . I'm on high alert, though. I can't have someone else surprising me near a lake again.

"Ok, so for the Fireball Jutsu is rather simple. It's done in 3 steps."

Shisui does a handsign and continues to explain.

"First, in regards to fire jutsu, you have to imagine a fire inside your chest. The power of the fire depends on how much chakra you can use to form it."

Shisui holds his stomach and rubs the area I assume he's imagining. 

"Second, you condense it and place it at the base of your throat. Finally, you force it up and out of the mouth."

Shisui turns to the lake and does the handsigns rapidly.

Fire Style:Fireball Jutsu!

A large ball of fire burst from his mouth and onto the surface of the lake!

"Ooooh~."

[It's pretty powerful!]

The fireball lasts for a few seconds and finally stops.

"Well, that's all there is to it. Did that help a little?"

"I think so. Thanks, Shisui nii-san!"

I'm happy he went out of his way to teach me. 

I'm even more happy as I think I figured out how Mom does the Water Ball Jutsu!

I go to the edge of the lake next to Shisui and use the handsigns Mom uses. I've long memorized what they are, but I could never understand the application. 

Now We'll see if I got it!

'Water is cool and flowing. It fits in any container. I just have to make it fit into a ball with my chakra.'

I extend my hand out and focus.

Water Style: Water Ball Jutsu!

Water from the lake flows up to my hand and form a rather crude ball. It collapses after holding it for a few seconds, though.

"It's rather shoddy, but it's a start."

"That's great! I'm surprised to see you got it rather quickly."

"I've been practicing since the training with Mom started. I just needed one more push to get it. Now i can perfect it!"

Soon I'll turn Mom's little water fights to real water fights! I bet that will be much more exciting!

I lick my lips as I imagine the kind of battles I'll get when Mom gets back. Shisui just laughs when he sees that.

"Hahaha! You're just like Kaya! She does that too when she finds someone strong in Water Jutsus."

Really?! 

I look shocked as he shakes his head.

"It's a well known fact. You'll learn more about her from the other ninjas once you're a Genin."

I don't really know if I want to hear more honestly.

[I'd love to hear more. Sounds like she's more like her Dad than I thought.]

*Clink*

Shisui and I both turn in the direction of the source of the noise.

"That sounded like Ninja Tools! I'm gonna investigate!"

Fast!!

Shisui just yelled and disappeared at the same time!

'Where did he go?!'

[To those trees in the distance, quick!]

I flickered over to the area at my fastest speed!

I finally get in between the trees and Shisui already here.... hiding?

There is a group of three boys and a girl standing nearby. Well, standing is debatable. More like groveling on the floor.

"D-damn it! I haven't lost yet!"

One of the boys jumps up from the ground and runs straight to the girl. He tried to give her a right punch, but the girl dodged the move effortlessly and tripped him. He falls down to the ground with a splat as the girl fixes her short black hair.

"Looks like none of you regular eyes are a match for me."

The boys grit their teeth and try to stand, but looks like the fights over.

Regular eyes though? As opposed to what?

I also notice something else interesting. All the kids have the fan on their backs.

Ooooh~ Family problems.

Better stay outta this one.

Well, except the girl suddenly faces my direction.

"Are you here to back them up?"

"Ah?! No, I heard the fight from afar and thought someone needed help. Looks like I don't need to do much now though."

I really should've been hiding like Shisui. Shit!

"Uh-huh. That's not gonna work on me this time."

"Huh?!"

What's not gonna work?

"You bastards probably got another friend this time? Can't beat me yourselves?"

The boys look at me in confusion. Idiots! I'm confused too!

I don't even know you and you want me to fight?! For guys that jump girls no less?!

"Wait! I really don't know them! Honestly!"

"Hmph! Lying to the end, huh?!"

Why?!!

The girl shoots towards me and aims for my face with a punch. 

I step back and jump over the kick she tried to sweep me with.

"I'm serious!"

"I'll get serious as well!"

Why won't she listen to me?!

Shisui?! Where is he when I need him?!

We exchange more blows and I gotta admit I'm shocked. She's better than Moya when we spar in taijutsu practice!

I jump back and start to throw punches her way. She effortlessly dodges them and fires back with her own punches and kicks.

Ooooh! I'm getting excited! I can feel the grin rising on my face! Maybe Shisui should just kick back for a bit longer.

I jump back and get some distance as I ready my stance.

The girl readies herself as well. 

My face is starting to hurt from smiling too much. 

Sadly, one of the boys got up and managed to get behind her with a bear hug.

"You sly bastard! Let me go!"

"Hehehe! Go on, kid! I'll give you the first punch!"

"Ok!"

I respond immediately and run towards them.

"You!"

The girl probably wants to admonish me, but that's gonna have to wait.

I get a good headstart, clench my fist, and punch how Grandpa taught me!

Straight to his face.

"Buwa!"

He falls down comically as the other two boys look shocked.

"What? I didn't say who I was punching, did I?"

I shake my hand a bit though. I might've punched a little too hard. It stings pretty bad.

The girl looks at me with a shocked expression. 

"Did they really bring someone else with them to beat you up?"

She slowly nods her head. No wonder she flipped out on me. 

Once bitten, twice shy.

"No wonder."

"Ok. That's enough, then."

Shisui teleports in and everyone is spooked, except me.

"Sh-Shisui!"

"Aneki..."

Hmm? He has a sister. That's interesting.

[Ok.... That's new.]

'You didn't know either?!'

Shisui walks over and checks the boy. He whistles and looks at me.

"Out cold."

"H-hahaha. Oops."

Grandpa would certainly be happy his style works.

"Now then. Someone mind telling me why you're bothering my little sister?!"

I see Shisui's eyes glow red before he faces the other two kids with terror in their eyes.

I hope I'm not next?!

118