Ch.26. Dancing Shadows (pt.1)
4.4k 4 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Hokage building, Minato was doing paperwork regarding the village expansion. He rubbed the bridge of his nose as the letters were starting to blur. He really needed an assistant

*Knock Knock*

"Enter."

The door swings open as Kaya walks in with a grim expression. Minato was used to seeing her like this since it was his fault for telling her the information. 

He wouldn't keep it from her though. He knew what she would do if she found out he kept it away. 

This was why he used his "Little Brother Ticket".

"Hokage-sama."

Minato just nods his head as he waits for his other guests to arrive. 

Kaya just stands still like a statue, her eyes blazing with energy to tell what she discovered. Minato knew it couldn't be good.

*Knock Knock*

"Enter."

This time, Shikaku Nara came into the room, followed by two unexpected guests. The guests were a plan looking man and his wife clinging to him in fear. The two make their way in while Shikaku closes the door.

Once inside, the demeanor of the couple changed as they quickly seperate from each other and unsealed themselves

*Poof*

The "wife" came in with brown hair and Jonin gear. On the side of his shoulder was a shuriken with a fan inside. The other man came with long, straight hair nearly to the bottom of his back. His eyes were whitish purple as they scanned the room, glancing and nodding at everyone inside.

"Thank you for coming, Fugaku-dono, Hiashi-dono."

"It's a pleasure, Hokage-sama."

"Indeed. You're much better to work with than Hiruzen."

Minato had a wry smile thinking of his Grand Sensei. 

'I must focus here. We must be as thorough as possible.'

Minato shakes his head and looks to the corner of the room.

"Tenzo! If you would."

Four chairs suddenly sprouted out from the ground behind the four. 

"Please sit. Dog, watch out for any spies."

"Yes, Hokage-sama!"

A voice was heard in the room, but nobody could see the person, or at least attempted to look.

"Now then, let's begin the meeting. Shikaku-san."

Shikaku nodded his and stood up from the seat. 

"I guess I'll start. We've had a interesting time with our investigation."

Shikaku pulled out a scroll from his pocket and released the seal. 

*Poof*

A rolling whiteboard appeared with detailed information about two distinct targets. 

Danzo Shimura and Orochimaru.

"The first, Danzo, has been moving passively throughout the span of the investigation. I can,however, say that the movements of Root have been rather erratic."

He points to parts of the board highlighting the movements. 

"In the last 4 years, Root has had a few movements, but they seemed to be corralled. It's as if they are being herded into a defensive state."

Shikaku looks at Minato and continues.

" I assume this is the "Informant" you advised us of before, correct?"

"Yes, though it looks like it has stopped herding them in."

"Right. This has stopped a year or so ago."

Minato turned to see Kaya impatiently tapping her feet and motioned Shikaku to continue.

"In regards to Root. During investigations, we've come across a few immobilized agents that have had numerous seals taken from their bodies. These seals also allowed the Yamanaka clan to get some inside information from them and we've discovered... The information you received is correct, Hokage-sama."

Minato could feel the tension increase in the room at the implications this presented.

'Haaa, what a dilemma this is.'

Minato still thought back to the time he came home to that strange existence.

******* 4 years ago

Minato was exhausted as usual, coming home with his Hiraishin technique to the front door. 

He noticed no lights were on so he went in silently, hoping not too alert Kushina and baby Naruto.

"Good work out there today."

Minato reflexively held his kunai in his hand and kept his senses sharp. 

That voice wasn't of someone he knew.

"Now now, calm down. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just here to.... Chat about a few things."

"Who are you?"

"We've met before. I wanted to thank you for not immediately attacking me when you saw me the first time. Go ahead. Turn on the lights."

The voice was silent after he spoke as Minato stood with a pale expression.

'Could it be Madara? I haven't been able to teleport to him. Has he come back for another attempt?'

Minato quickly shook his head as the thought didn't make sense. He racked his brain for an answer, until he thought of an obscure one. An answer he couldn't believe, but kept coming to the forefront of his mind. 

'The Unknown Biju.'

Minato slowly inched his way to the light switch. He flicked it on and there he was. 

An all black wolf sat near one of the couches in the living room. He laid down languidly, as if posing no threat.

"Come and sit down. We have a lot to talk about."

Minato still held his kunai and slowly walked over to the living room, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

"Calm down, Hokage-sama. If I really came here with ill intentions, do you think this house would be perfectly fine? Do you think Kushina wouldn't have raised hell already?"

Minato paused and decided to relax slightly, only slightly at the mention of Kushina. Her ability to sense intentions made her trust the wolf when they first met. His trust in Kushina lead him to allow the Biju to assist her and the result was this happy home. 

He breathed in deeply and exhaled, then turned to the beast.

"Where should I sit?"

Minato could see the white, sharp teeth of the beast as it smiled at him.

"Just sit on the other side, it won't take too long."

Minato moved and sat down in his chair. He attempted to relax as he saw the wolf sit on the other side near the table appropriately.

"Well, I have along overdue introduction to give. Hi, you can call me Akumu. I...guess I'm considered a Biju."

Akumu bows his head, surprising Minato with his manners.

"I'm.... The 4th Hokage of the Hidden Leaf village, Minato Namikaze. Pleased to meet you."

Minato also bows his head and all of his tension seems to dissipate. 

 "Glad to make your acquaintance. Let's get started, shall we?"

Minato nodded his head and looked at Akumu with confusion.

"Why are you here?"

The question came out naturally as Minato held his mouth in embarrassment. Akumu just chuckled and responded.

"I'm here to inform you of a few things."

"Inform me of what?"

"Some snakes that have been infesting your home for too long."

Minato's face hardened when he heard this. He knew it couldn't be good.

"The first one I'll tell you to watch out for is Orochimaru."

"Orochimaru-san?!"

"Shhh. Families asleep, remember?"

Minato covered his mouth, but the concern on the topic didn't disappear.

"You'll have to monitor him more with trustworthy ninjas. Though the next part might inhibit that a bit."

"What do you mean?"

"Your other pest is Danzo."

Minato couldn't help, but clench his fists. He couldn't place the feelings he had for Danzo, but necessity was the only reason he obliged him.

"Haaa. Where's the proof of this?"

Minato asked Akumu as he maintained his calm. Akumu nodded his head and replied with a smile.

"I don't have any~."

Minato couldn't help, but facepalm.

"How do you know that they're going against the village?"

"I can feel it."

Minato now held both his hands to his face.

"Akumu-san, how can I believe you with no evidence? I can't make false accusations against a council member for no reason."

"Then you should investigate them."

Akumu's smile deepened.

"Just investigate the movements of Root and Orochimaru then. In the meantime, answer some questions of mine honestly."

Minato nodded as he started to think this was a prank of sorts, except Akumu was very real as the cold chill in the house didn't disappear.

"Why does Danzo have his right eye covered?"

"I would assume due to injuries in the past."

"From what? He doesn't go out much, does he? He's also a Kage tier right? Who could hurt him that badly and he never let it be known?"

Minato began to think more on the topic as the questions rolled out of Akumu.

"Why does Danzo have his arm in a sling? He can't be trying to recover naturally, right? That could take months. Oh, wait, it's been years since his arms been in a sling. I wonder what it looks like now?"

Minato started to feel a bit suspicious as well.

"Where was Danzo when the Leaf Village was attacked by the Kyuubi? He couldn't have helped at all? More ninjas would easily solve the problem faster, especially Anbu right?"

"......"

"Why is he so fixated on the Kyuubi anyway? It's like he has an unnatural fear of anything related to Madara Uchiha. Speaking of which,the Uchihas are especially resisted in this village. Why though?"

Minato face began to darken slowly as the questions piled up, but the answers were nowhere to be found.

"I'll look into it. I'll see if I can find more answers for you."

"I appreciate that. On to the next on my list of things to say. Let's see. That guy you fought that released the Kyuubi?"

Minato stared at him in shock! Was he around at that time? Why didn't he help before? These questions popped up in his mind, but he couldn't focus on them.

"He's probably someone you know, but definitely not Madara."

"Do you know who it was?!"

Killing intent raged from Minato as he stared at Akumu, hoping for a name for the person to who attacked his family and village.

Akumu moved his mouth to answer, but stopped as he sensed another presence.

"Good Evening, Kushina. Did you want to join us?"

 

 

114