Ch.33. The Storm (pt.1)
4k 5 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rain has stopped for little while now.

I'm currently on Guy's back as he piggybacks me and the girl  to the Hyuga estate.

Guy's stamina is ridiculous...

I make sure I hold the girl securely as Guy moves at high speed.

I feel the familiar sensation of memory from my shadow clone coming to me as he runs.The other girl made it back to the estate and my clone disappeared shortly after.

They called her Hanabi-sama, so the one I have now should be Hinata-sama.

Guy suddenly stops close to our destination and bends down to the ground.

"I'll drop you off here,Hii! You bring the little girl back to her family. I have to check around and see what's going on in the village."

Guy gently puts me down close by the estate and heads off to find informatiom.

I piggyback the girl and continue for a short while until the guards from before find me again. With them is a man with long black hair and a somewhat noble gaze. He's accompanied by a young boy who looks a bit older than me.

"Thank you for saving my nieces, young ninja. The enemy attacked the main house to distract us while they took the two away. We were unprepared for their craftiness when they targeted us."

The man bows his head towards me, and the boy has a rather tight face at this. 

"Don't worry, sir. I only helped because I would want the same if my family was under attack."

With Grandpa and Grandma having their limbs back, I don't think I have to worry too much now though.

The man nods his head and gives a friendly smile.

"My name is Hizashi Hyuga. Let me take little Hinata for you."

I nod my head and hand Hinata over to Hizashi.

A woman came out of the estate slowly with numerous guards escorting her while we talked.

Hizashi looks surprised at this and immediately heads towards her with Hinata in tow. 

"Haruka-san! You should get back inside. The weather isn't good for you."

Haruka doesn't seem to hear Hizashi and only looks at Hinata carefully, checking all over for any wounds and injuries.

Hizashi just sighs and allowed her to inspect the girl to her heart's content.

When she was finally satisfied, she turned my way and looked like she was going to bow to me. I can't have a lady who's shivering from the cold do that!

"It's ok, ma'am! You don't have to bow or anything if you're unwell. I was happy to help."

Haruka stopped her action and looked at me with surprise. She then smiles happily towards me.

"You are quite respectful for someone so young. My name is Haruka Hyuga and I would love for you to come inside so I can thank you for rescuing my daughters."

Haruka gives me an invitation, but I really just want to decline it and head home to sleep. 

Unfortunately, it looks like that isn't an option. I can feel Hizashi, the boy, and even the guards staring at me with silent pleas.

Their eyes are telling to accept it. I can even see the veins start to bulge as it's slowly turning into a threat.

"Hm?" 

Haruka looks around and they all turn their heads away.

"........."

Haruka looks back at me and makes a intrigued look as she scrutinized my face.

"You know, you look a lot like Kaya-san. Are you related?"

"You know my mom?"

Her purple hair moved violently as she lunged forward and grabbed my hand.

"You're Kaya's son?!"

.....Did I just trap myself?!

"Come inside! We have a lot to talk about!"

"Ugh,wait!"

Haruka didn't listen to me at all. The others just avoided eye contact with me as she somehow dragged me into the estate.

*********

The council came together for the emergency meeting the 4th Hokage held during the storm. 

Everyone gathered in a building nearby the Hokage's office.

The meeting was sudden, so most of the council were caught unaware of the reasons the meeting was called.

Only Minato, Danzo, and Hiruzen had stern faces as they faced each other.

This meeting only had Koharu Utatane, Homura Mitokado,Danzo,Hiruzen, and the 4th Hokage.

The 5 sat down and looked to Minato to start the discussion.

"Thank you all for coming here. I'm afraid I have some important things to discuss that must be done with haste."

"Let us know, Lord 4th. We'll do our best to advise you."

"Hmph! I hope the situation isn't too far gone to be fixed."

"......"

"......."

Homura was happy to assist while Koharu was as willful as ever.

Only Danzo and Hiruzen were silent as they waited patiently to discuss.

"I have found reason to believe that Orochimaru has defected from the Leaf."

Minato gave the news, watching Homura and Koharu become shocked that one of their strongest ninja had defected from the village.

He wasn't paying attention to them though.

He was mainly watching Danzo and Hiruzen.

Danzo's face was stoic as usual, but Minato could see the faint twitch in his fingers.

Hiruzen was more transparent as a heavy sigh breached his lips.

"We found his lab mostly in shambles and many dead bodies all over. I have evidence to support my belief that he was experimenting on civilians and ninjas alike creating forbidden jutsu."

"Unbelievable. Is this perhaps the result of the wars on his mind?"

"That's not important now! We must report him as a Missing Nin! To use your own village for experiments is heinous!"

Danzo nodded his head silently while Hiruzen shook his head in disbelief.

"This is just part of the news, sadly."

The two braced themselves as their worries were getting more numerous with how out of hand the situation was quickly becoming.

"I've also found evidence that there may be a high level traitor among us."

""!!""

Koharu and Homura froze.

The worst news came out and even at the worst time.

Homura quickly began to calm down and think of possibilities for who could it be.

"How strong would you say the traitor is?"

"From the intel, I'd say Jonin to possibly Kage levels of skill. The traitor has records of treking to labs through dangerous borders undetected. They are highly skilled."

"Did the records hold any defining features?! Anything we can use to potentially identify them?"

Minato shook his head as he pulled out a file from his desk.

"There's not a clear description of the person in question. Only the height is consistent. That information, however, isn't distinct enough for us to find them."

The two were in deep thought as Danzo's grip on his cane loosened while Hiruzen's grip on his arms tightened ever so slightly.

Koharu came up from her thoughts and notices the aura around the two.

"What's wrong with you two? Do you have an idea who the traitor is?"

The two turned to the group, but before they could speak,

*Bam*

"I'm sorry, Hokage-sama, but I have a report!"

Minato quickly recovered from his shock and urged the ninja to report.

"Several clans have been attacked by unknown groups of Ninja!"

"What?!"

Minato stood up with shock as he heard the news, but soon he became conflicted.

"Have any standby ninja assist them immediately! Bring medical ninja as well to save as many lives as you can!"

"Yes, Hokage-sama!"

The ninja leaves the room immediately, leaving everyone in the meeting concerned on how to proceed. It was then that Danzo stood up and started to walk out of the room.

"Danzo-san, where are you going?"

"I will get my group to find out more information on the attacks. Perhaps we can find something while the tracks are fresh."

Homura nodded his head.

"I agree with Danzo-san, it's better to figure out where they came from and how they got in. They could be linked to the traitor."

Koharu nodded as well, thinking that it was the best course of action.

"But Danzo! We still have to keep you hear to discuss more about the gaps in the files."

Danzo turned from the entrance and faced Minato.

"4th Hokage, you are still too green. Four clans can be attacked now, but what about in the future? You must be able to take a small loss for a much bigger gain! If we find the culprits, we can bring them down at the source and avenge ourselves. Don't lose sight over the goal blinded by your emotions."

Minato grew shocked as he heard Danzo's advice and stood in stern contemplation. Danzo turned back around, satisfied with showing his experience to the 4th.

Minato nodded his head slightly.

" I see. You may be right, Danzo-san."

Danzo nodded his head.

"It's our duty to assist the Hokage as best as we can."

Minato sported a bright smile as he sat back down, more composed than before.

Koharu and Homura were surprised by the quick change in Minato's character, but they both believed it would bring the Leaf even closer to being secure.

"By the way, Danzo-san?"

"Hm?"

Danzo looked back and waited for the 4th to ask his question.

"How did you know four clans were attacked?"

The room's temperature suddenly plummeted and thick killing intent emerged from Minato, stifling everyone in the room.

Minato's face had taken a stern expression as he interlocked his fingers in front of his face.

"You should sit back down, Danzo. There's more to discuss....about this traitor in our midst."

 

111