Ch.39. The Rematch!
3.9k 3 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's finally time!

[Oh. You plan on doing that today?]

'Yep! I'm gonna go full power today! I gotta fight Itachi!'

I grab my clothes and my practice sword and rush out of the house as fast as I can! I said bye to Grandpa on the way out as I dash towards the Uchiha estate.

[Do you have a plan? I'm pretty sure you won't win straight on against him.]

'I don't mind if I lose, but I need to see where I stand now.'

[Oh. Well,have fun I guess.]

I arrive at Itachi and Sasuke's house and knock on the door.

"Oh! If it isn't Hii-chan! Are you looking for Itachi?"

"Yes, Mikoto-neesan! Is he here?"

Mikoto shook her head.

"Sorry to say, but he went on a mission just yesterday. Shisui and Sasuke are inside though. Maybe you can train with them?"

Haaa. I just missed him! Well, I can at least train against Shisui again. I haven't fought him in a while either.

"I'll go see Shisui and Sasuke then! Pardon my intrusion."

"Hehe. Come on in."

Mikoto takes me to where Sasuke and Shisui are. This house is big, no matter how many times I come here. I just can't get used to the size.

I spot Shisui and Sasuke going over... notes?

"Hey! Long time no see! Sasuke wanted to know what he'd have to deal with in school, so I thought of a few problems. Want to check them out too?"

"Huh. Sure, I guess. I really came here to train though."

I shrug my shoulders and sit down at the table for a while and look at the problems.

"Heh! I've figured a couple of them out. Let's see how many you can get."

"Sure."

******

Hmmm. These situations are really fun!

I never knew puzzles could work like this. I'm already on the 7th one. I wonder if the academy will have better ones.

Sasuke's looking rather stressed right now though. Shisui can't seem to stop smiling.

"How did you know the answer to number 4?!"

"You gotta look at it from the perspective of a ninja. You can't trust anyone completely, especially if they come out of nowhere with information not discovered yet. Most of the time, it's a trap."

"Ugh!! How come I couldn't see it?!"

Sasuke looks pretty frustrated. At least he's better than Moya. She gives up even looking at puzzles.

"You have to calm down. My Grandpa always says if your mind is at ease, the world is easier to see. Take a deep breath."

Sasuke follows my advice and breathes in slowly, calming down as he looks over the problems again.

Shisui nods his head as he watches us solve the questions. 

It's been a good 15 minutes since we started, but I gotta say I enjoyed this more than I thought.

[You gonna just do puzzles though?]

'I'll get to it.'

I put my pencil down and look towards Shisui. He nods and goes to get his gear.

"Wait! Are you going to go fight? I want to go too!"

Hmmm....

I pat Sasuke's head and shake mine.

"Sorry, Sasuke. This isn't a training session. I want an actual match."

"?!"

Sasuke looks at Shisui and sees him nod his head as we get ready to head to the training grounds.

"I still want to watch!"

I look at Shisui and see him nod his head. 

"Ok, get ready then."

Sasuke face beams brightly as he moves to get his stuff.

I chuckle at how happy he looks at seeing the fight, and Shisui laughs with me as well.

"I'm glad to see such a happy Uchiha. I hope more children of the clan will be just as happy."

Shisui nods, then looks at me and pats my shoulder.

"I heard you have a clan name now. Should I call you Kurokumo-kun now?"

"Please don't. You know me enough that I don't really care about that. We're good friends anyway, right?"

"Hehe. Fine."

Sasuke comes running back with some ninja tools in hand.

......I just told you you're not fighting.

"Haaaa. Let's go."

Shisui just laughs as Sasuke follows along, oblivious to how bored he was going to be.

*******

We go to our usual training ground and start to stretch ourselves. I'm going to go all out today.

"So, should I use my Sharingan as well?"

"Umu. I want a real clash."

"!!"

Shisui and I set up our rules while Sasuke was surprised to finally realize this wasn't a normal fight.

"I told you, Sasuke. Today, you'll just be watching."

I pull out my practice sword and get into my stance. Shisui prepares himself as well and I see his eyes go red.

"I'll fight at about half of my power in the beginning. See if you can pull more from me."

"Ok."

I breathe in deeply and flicker towards him!

*Clang*

Shisui sees my movement and blocks it as we exchange more blows.

The two of us keep striking at each other at high speed!!

*Clang Clang Clang*

The two of us separate from each other and weave handsigns at the same time!

Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!

Water Style: Raging Torrent Jutsu!

The two of us spew our Jutsu at each other and it creates a large cloud of steam. 

I continue to weave seals and point my hands out to the steam.

Lightning Style: Electric Ball Jutsu!

A small ball of electricity shoots out of my palm and into the steam, carrying the current all over!

"Ugh!"

I'm not affected by my electricity and charge over to Shisui, who's feeling the jolts.

"Haaaa!"

I smack Shisui in the stomach with my blade, but he disappears into a murder of crows.

"Not bad. You've definitely gotten stronger. I guess I'll amp it up a bit."

Shisui starts to split off into 3 other versions of him as he rushes towards me.

'Are those clones, or afterimages?'

I swing on the nearest one and my attack is blocked by the blade of one of them. Another comes toward me and I block him off as well, while the other just watches.

"Afterimages!"

How fast is he?!

Fuck it! I got a suprise for him!

Lightning Armor!

*Chi Chi Chi*

My body is covered in lightning as I zoom past the two and strike the third clone!

"?!!"

I catch him off guard and continue to strike him off balance as I increase the Chakra in my armor!

"Uuwooaaah!!"

I strike once more with my blade from overhead and managed to knock the blade out of his hand!

I have to release my armor now, but I did it!

I can't get careless though. It can't be over with just that. 

Sure enough.

*Poof*

The Shisui I smacked disappears into a puff of smoke and reappears behind me!

His sword is placed on my shoulder as a smile graces his face.

"You just keep surprising me at every turn."

"I aim to please."

'Luckily, I'm not here.'

Water Style: Water Clone Jutsu!

My clone dissolves into a puddle of water as I flicker behind Shisui!

I hid myself during the impact of our Jutsu as well!

"?!"

I place my sword on his shoulder this time, or at least reach for it. He's pretty tall compared to me.

"Did you like this surprise too?"

"I love it!"

Shisui suddenly disappears into vapor?!

"You should keep a look out for Genjutsu. It only takes a second when you fight an Uchiha."

A blade finds its place on my shoulder again as I heave a sigh. 

Eye contact! Fucking Eye contact!!

That's so broken!!

'But it wouldn't be fun if it wasn't.'

[Hehe. Gotta think of a plan for Itachi then. He's definitely better at Genjutsu.]

I put my hands up as Shisui laughs in his victory.

"You should use that Jutsu all the time. The Lightning armor is a really useful and a pain to go against. I couldn't place you in a Genjutsu if you kept it up."

"I can't maintain it for too long. I have to train my body to last longer."

"Well, that's going to be tough. You're going to have to do strenuous workouts."

Hm? Workouts? 

I seem to be forgetting someone who can help with that.

[Guy! How can you forget the eyebrows?!]

"The eyebrows!!"

I yell out as I finally remembered Might Guy. Shisui pauses, and laughs so hard he holds his stomach.

"Hahahahahaha!!!! Eyebrows?! As in Guy?! Hoooo. I'm going to use that next time I see him."

He starts to settle down as he breathes out in a satisfied manner.

"Jokes aside, he will definitely be able to help you with that kind of training."

" I see. Do you know where I can find him?"

"You just need to head to the training ground on the other side of the village. He always trains there."

I memorize the location and pick up my sword. I'll have to find him when I have the time.

"Hmm?"

"What?"

"What happened to Sasuke? He's been quiet for a while now."

Shisui and I turn around and find Sasuke staring at us, mouth agape and eyes bulging.

*Pfft*

We both immediately start laughing hysterically as Sasuke manages to gather himself and blushes furiously.

"S-Shut up!! I was just surprised!"

"Hahahaha!! I'm sure I can fit a bomb in there! I gotta tell Itachi about this!"

"Noooo! Don't tell Nii-san!!"

Sasuke chases after Shisui and I as we run away, trying to get us to never tell Itachi.

Now I know for a fact I won't tell Itachi if he asks me, but I also know that Shisui is gonna tell Itachi whether he likes it or not.

And sure enough, a few days later,  I heard Itachi was told about it and a small laugh came out of his mouth. 

Sasuke hates Shisui now, and it's absolutely hilarious.

 

120