Prologue
276 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Note:

( ' ) Thinking

( " ) Talking


The white snow starts to fall in the early morning while I'm hiking to the mountain, the path is rough as always because few people come here. I have done this since the first time my mom told me about the mountain and the story of the abandoned Okami temple.

"It's so cold!" I exhaled even though I'm wearing two coats, I never get used to the weather.

I continue walking until I get to the top of the mountain. No matter how many times I come here, I still feel like the first time I came, melancholic.

The mountain covered with the heavy snow makes a beautiful view, I walk to the Okami temple.

The Okami temple has a torii and a footpath that leads to the Okami, the statue of a wolf sitting with pride, the head looking up at the sky.

I stand in front of the statue and putting my hands together.

'I've come today to you, I hope that you won't feel my presence annoying.'

The first time I came here, I told Okami about my life and the person most important to me, Koruro.

From that, I came here every day, no matter what kind of season or how bad the weather is.

I sit on the ground next to Okami and begin to say:

"Okami, I'm happy to be here with you, my mother told me once that you are a wolf that will grant the desires of the people who feel true love for someone, but they can't be together, like me" I said this with a sad smile.

"I know that these feelings are wrong, that I can't love a guy and less my best friend, koruro."

"But how can you give up your love, to someone who you have loved for a long time? He was the first person who taught me what means to love someone."

"Is it fine if I'm selfish for once? Is it too much if I make a wish? Just one wish... I don't ask anything else." I said with a trembling voice.

Standing in front of Okami and put my hands together.

"I wish Koruro could love me."

"Thank you for hearing my wish, Okami."

I walk back home and lying on my bed, I was thinking.

'Will my wish becomes real?'

After that, I was unable to see Koruro again, Koruro went to the capital while I stayed in the town, at that time I thought that it was the best for the two of us never to see each other again.


----------------------------------------------


Okami: Wolf.

Torii: is a traditional japanese gate, it symbolically marks the transition from the mundane to the sacred.


Thanks for all the comments!

I wish that everyone could make honest comments, with this you're helping me grew as a writer.

5