Chapter III
119 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Koruro

 

Client: Otsuka Eito.

 

Born: 25th July 1988, Tokyo.

 

Age: 32 years old.

 

Relatives: None.

 

Criminal charges: Multiple homicides.

 

6 murders between (2006-2020).

 

Victims:

 

Takahashi Yui (28) 15th December 2006

 

Sasaki Hina (30) 22nd May 2010

 

Fujii Ayane (25) 03rd October 2013

 

Hara Natsuki (24) 17th February 2015

 

Takagi Shiori (26) 25th June 2015

 

Miyazaki Rin (30) 14th January 2020

 

Causes of death: Poisoned.

 

Police report: all the victims were found dead in their apartment. They had signs of being poisoned with the food. The police found them sitting in the chair, the food on the table half-eaten and the head of the victim leaning on the table with their arms aside of their bodies. The Tokyo County coroner's office has determined that all the victims were poisoned with a puffer fish.

 

"Koruro-kun you are in charge of this case, the police have solid evidence of our client. Your job is to talk to Otsuka Eito."

 

Yakamura Hiraku is the chief of criminal defense department with 37 years of experience. The first time I came here he treats me like his pupil, he teaches me a lot of things, and we consider him like a role model for others to look up to.

 

"Understood, Yakamura-san. I'm leaving."

 

Tokyo Detention Center

 

"Good morning, Otsuka-sama I'm Murataki Koruro, an attorney from Yoku Law Firm." We bowed.

 

"Otsuka-sama, you have to be honest with me, this is the only way to help you. I want to know everything about the incident."

 

"..."

 

"I did it. I killed those women."

 

After talking to Otsuka Eito, I returned to the firm and report it to Yakamura-san.

 

Tock Tock

 

"Please, come in."

 

"Yakamura-san." I bowed.

 

"Koruro-kun! How was it with Otsuka Eito?"

 

"Yakamura-san, he told me about the incident, but the problem is that he said he killed five women but in the charges against him were six. How can that be possible?"

 

"Koruro-kun, I don't think you have to worry about it. The most important thing is to do our best in the trial. There is a high possibility that Otsuka Eito will get the capital punishment."

 

"Understood, Yakamura-san I'll do my best. If there isn't anything else, I'm leaving."

 

I go to Yoshiko-san place to meet her, I pressed the bell, but I begin to get nervous.

 

'What does she think about me?'

 

"Murataki-san? Mutaraki-saan?"

 

Abruptly I woke up from my thoughts to see Yoshiko-san stare at me with a worried face.

 

"Umm. Are you feeling well, Murataki-san?"

 

"Yes, yes, I'm feeling well, sorry I got distracted" I laughed.

 

'Yoshiko-san will maybe think I'm a weirdo.' I thought depressive.

 

"I'm glad that you are fine, then can we go now?" She beamed with delight.

 

"Umm.. Of course" I embarrassed.

 

We walked to a cafe to eat something, sitting at a table, we watched the TV on the wall presenting the news.

 

BREAKING NEWS

 

Otsuka Eito had been arrested this morning under suspicion of the police that he is the person responsible for the murder of six women between (2006-2020).

 

The prosecutor in charge of the case has declared to put Otsuka Eito, the criminal charges of multiple homicides.

 

We have invited a criminology professor from the University of Tokyo, Fukushima Hiroto, thank you very much for coming here today.

 

Thank you very much, Akari-san, I'm glad to be here today.

 

What do you think about this case?

 

This case is...

 

"Murataki-san, how about if we go somewhere else? Suddenly I don't feel hungry."

 

"Are you okay, Yoshiko-san?"

 

"Oh... is just that I don't feel hungry... I don't know why..."

 

"If you don't feel well, we can go back now."

 

"How about we took a walk to the park?" She looked uncomfortable.

 

"Okay." I feel worried.

 

'What happened? She was too excited before.'

 

We go to the park in front of the restaurant, Yoshiko-san looks beautiful with her white crystal dress shimmering under the light of the moon.

 

"Murataki-san"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I'm so happy that you are here with me, I wish that the days can always be amazing like today." She said with a soft smile.

 

Ba-dump Ba-dump

 

My heart aches so much that it looks like would explode.

 

"Yoshiko-san... can you call me by my name from now on? Of course, if you want to." I feel so nervous and I'm sure my face is totally red.

 

'Argh, how embarrassing...'

 

"Of course, I would like to, Koruro-kun."

 

She was surprised at first, but after she sounds so happy that it makes my body have a warm feeling.

 

"Koruro-kun, I have something I need to do, you can go back first."

 

"Oh, then, be careful on your way back home."

 

"Ok, thank you very much for today." She bowed.

 

'Yoshiko-san is really beautiful and kind' I thought with a silly smile.

 

Bzzt Bzzt

 

"Hello?"

 

"Koruro-kun!"

 

"Yatsuko-san? What happen?"

 

"Otsuka Eito... Is dead..."

 

...

 

To be continued

 

3