Chapter V
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yoshiko

Date passed a piece of paper. "This is the direction of the hospital."

"It seems that Arata-san was always sick since he was born." Said Yatsuko.

"Thank you, Yoshiko-san?"

She nodded.


Kanto Medical Hospital

"Please, we want to visit Arata Ikki."

"Third floor on your right, room 1453."

"Thank you very much."

Tock Tock

We enter the room, Arata Ikki was awaked.

Arata Ikki with his brown hair and wearing the hospital clothes.

"Excuse us, Arata-san we're attorneys we want to ask you about the photos you took on March 4th."

"Ah, the photos are in my camera."

He took out his camera from the drawer.

"These are the photos I took that day."

I took the camera and check the photos.

"Did you check the photos after you finished?"

"No, because later I felt sick and go to the hospital."

"...."

Photo

The photo showed the image of a man entering the house and the door covering his face even though it's not clear, the clothes that the man wear don't match compared either with the clothes of the defendant Takagaki Yamato or the victim Hirai Seiichi.

"This is the photo!"

"Can we take the camera to print the photos, Arata-san?"

"Oh, sure."

"Thank you very much, Arata-san." I said with a smile.

"Besides, can you be a witness for the hearing? It would be helpfully."

"Yes, I'll glad."

We went outside.

"Koruro-kun can you go to the office first? I will go to print the photos."

"Ok, see you." I waited him to be out of my sight to continue my way.


Yoku Law firm

"Thank you for your hard work" Koruro-kun said to me when he saw me came back.

"Good morning, you two are really early today." Hamamoto said while she is eating candies.

"We have good news we have the photos that can help us in the trial." I'm showed them the photos printed.

"Good, now we have to prepare the documents for the pre-trial."


Courthouse

Pre-trial conference procedure

Procedure to narrow down the number of issues.

To ensure a smooth adjudication.

The prosecutor entered the room and present himself.

"My name is Hirayama Mitsue. Please go easy on me."

Chief judge Hirata Taichi, "what kind of charges the prosecution will process to the defendant?"

"Article 240 (Robbery Causing Death or Injury)."

"Defense lawyer, you'll debate the charges?" Said the chief judge.

"Yes, Tagaki Yamato confessed to the police that he had committed robbery but not the murder of Hirai Seiichi."

"The first hearing will be three days later, is that okay?" Said the chief judge.

"Yes, all right." Said Hirayama while he was watching the documents of the witness in the trial.

We stood to leave the room and Hirayama stands up and said. "See you in the trial, Murataki-sensei." We bowed to each other.


After 3 days.

Courthouse

Trial

We arrived and prepare for the trial, the suspect Takagaki Yamato entered the room with the officials and sat down on our left.

"The judges are entering!"

We stand up to greet the judges and the lay judges, and we start with the trial.

Defense's cross-examination of witness.

Witness: Arata Ikki.

"Arata-san, what were you doing on 04th March?"

"The first thing I do was take photos for the university's magazine. I went to 1-6-4 Yaesu, Chuo-ku in order to take photos."

"What time was when you took the photos?"

"8:45 a.m."

"Your honor, I'd like to present the evidence 28."

"This photo can show the time and the place where had been taken, also the photo 28 showed a person entering the house and that person neither was Takagaki Yamato nor Hirai Seiichi, the time was 9:05 a.m five minutes early before the victim Hirai Seiichi entered the house and got killed."

"This can show that when the time of the crime was happening there were three people and not two."

"Even if it were truth that doesn't mean Takagaki Yamato wasn't the one who killed Hirai Seiichi." Said the prosecutor.

"Your honor, please let me continue with my next witness."

Witness: Takagaki Yamato.

"Takagaki-san, where were you the moment of the murder?"

"I was upstairs behind the wall."

"Your honor, please let me show the evidences 32, 33, 34 and 35."

"The photos showed that the footprints of the defendant Tagaki Yamato in the crime scene. The footprints were caused because he entered for the backyard causing his shoes covered with mud."

"The report of the Tokyo County coroner's office determined that the killer took the murder weapon, a knife from the kitchen. Besides the victim and the killer were near and facing each other, after the victim got stabbed he fell forward, the killer catch him and put Hirai's body lying on his back. Based in the footprints of the photo 35 we can realize what position the defendant was in the moment of the murder."

"This can prove that the defendant haven't killed the victim because it doesn't match with the position of the killer according to the Tokyo County coroner's office report, also the evidence 36 showed that in the kitchen there's no trace of footprints, so how could he be able to take the knife from the kitchen without left traces?"

"I'm over, your honor."

Chief judge: Hirata Taichi.

"Prosecutor you want to make an examination of the witness?"

"No, your honor."


...

After 2 weeks

Hirai Tamiko

Breaking news

Takagaki Yamato the suspected murder of Hirai Seiichi case was found innocent after the decision of the judge......

Incoming call

"Yes? Oh, it's you, yes I have heard the news, Takagaki Yamato was found innocent. Thank you for everything if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be able to get rid of my husband in order to get the insurance." I said smiling.

"I'm glad that my service were helpful." (voice)

I laugh "The thing that you wanted I've already sent it to you."

"Thank you. This would be the last time that we communicated." (Voice)

"Understood."

Toot Toot

I hang up and maintaining my broad smile I feel the happiest woman in the world.


My 'husband' deserved to died in the way he did, he made my life like hell all suffer I've experienced breaking me, every morning I saw my face with bruises in the mirror and my hate is something it can't be explained with words, but everything is over now. I closed my eyes with the thought that finally I don't have to be scared the rest of my life.


To be continued


----------------------------------------------

Sensei: teachers, lawyers, politicians...

1