Afterword
1.5k 36 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Please make sure that you've read the final extra posted today before this~

Dear Readers,

This afterword will contain my expressions of gratitude to you, my plans for the future regarding this story and writing in general, and a small announcement.

I would like to start by saying: Thank you!

Thank you for accompanying me on the journey of Heavenly Soul. Thank you for your presence, comments, reviews, and other forms of encouragement. And most of all, thank you for being here to read this!

Heavenly Soul was my first ever attempt at seriously planning and writing a story, and it was undoubtedly very challenging. Especially so because I never considered writing BL or in a Chinese setting before this. Though now I can see places where I could improve the story, overall, I’m still proud of what I’ve written so far. A few of the concepts in this story are very dear to my heart, and I’m glad to see it being received so warmly. I’m grateful to have been able to meet you through this story and for the opportunity of getting to know some of you more.

I feel that I’ve developed a lot as both a writer and a person since I started Heavenly Soul and posted it on an impulse due to Yan-jie’s encouragement barely more than a year ago on the 2nd of December, 2018. Since then, it has made me endlessly happy to see that it was able to brighten at least a few people’s days, bring a smile to their faces, or touch them in some way. And I naturally couldn’t have come this far without all of your support. So once again, thank you!

Now, onto what’s in store for the future~

As I’ve informed before, An YaLing and Li Yingzi will get their own spin-off. I’m not planning for it to be even nearly half as long as Heavenly Soul, but since series lengths have a way of overthrowing my expectations, we’ll have to wait and see how it goes. I might also add new extras to Heavenly Soul itself if I come up with any ideas I feel worth adding to the story.

Other spin-offs from this world that I’m actually not yet sure if I’ll write are:

  1. A grown-up Wei Yuan’s story, possibly containing romance, and with the Feng household and a few other characters from the main story showing up. Possibly also Wu Jiyue and Shang Riyao as a side couple~
  2. A small and easygoing story about Hei NingYu and Chen Xiande, while also detailing the unrevealed aspects of Hei NingYu’s past
  3. A romance with Zhuo Ye (the half-beast phoenix from the Black Fang arc) as the MC

If you’d like to see any of these stories written, then feel free to tell me in the comments and I’ll very seriously consider it :)

Of course, apart from these spin-offs, I have a few other stories planned as well that are unrelated to Heavenly Soul. There might be a lot of short stories and maybe even a long world-hopping one coming up in the future~

If you are interested in reading more stories by me, then you can find my first attempts at GL in the two oneshots I wrote for the Yuri Garden Writing Competition and won with in my profile page here. You can see them by clicking the 'Series' tab. If you would like to know whenever I post new stories or announcements in the future, you can follow me on my profile page to get notified immediately~

To wrap up this long string of words, I’d like to thank everyone reading this one more time: Thank you very, very much! I hope to see you again in my other stories~

With heartfelt regards and lots of hugs,

Crimson Carnation

 

Announcement
Other content related to this story:

An interview where I mostly talk about Heavenly Soul, including an amusing skit where I was asked to confront Qinghe and Wei Xiang and tell them I was the author responsible for everything that happened to them (⁀ ▽ ⁀ ;) You can find it here~ (৹╹ω╹৹)

35