Ch 4 | Paralyzed?
94 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thud

With a loud thud, Altros's body landed on the ground creating a miniature mushroom dust cloud.

Unit Leader Sean arrived just after his fall and then hastily bent down to check the condition of bloody Altros. From his looks and pale face, he was already down, down to the real eternal hell.

But, after the real checkup, Leader Sean found Altros to be alive, with a week pulse. Without wasting any time on anything else, he picked his lean body up and rushed towards the military camp again.

If they reach there on time, and if Altros can get medical help in time, he can still be saved and this was what his experience was telling him.

While running, a variety of thoughts were passing through his mind but the most prominent of them was, 'Not Bad! This young man is still alive! Though he didn't finish the task, who the hell has finished it in the past 20 years after I passed it?'

'It's already good enough that he was able to endure the pain and move forward till his last breath. This is the spirit we need in our D Shark Unit! If he really comes back to life, I'll take him in.'

'That's the talent and courage we need in order to protect our country!'

….

Two days later,

Altros who was completely wrapped up in bandages slowly opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling made up of the familiar military tent material.

The first thought that appeared in his muddled brain was, 'Am I dead?'

But he already got his answer when he heard a sweet yet cold voice beside him, "So you are awake? How are you feeling?"

Altros, "..."

No shit, how will a man who was nearly killed by excessive blood loss feel? Of course, he'll feel weak! What else are they expecting? Do I need to perform a military salute?

Forcefully he turned his head which was relatively unharmed compared to his sieve-like abdomen, towards the source of the sound and noticed a woman dressed up in a long, oversized, black overcoat, standing beside his bed and reading some files which were probably his medical records.

If not for her beautiful and charming face, Altros can't even tell that she was a female. Her coat was really hiding all her features.

But that didn't bother him. He wasn't a pervert who would want to see some jade-like fair and long hands, long Eiffel-tower like legs, ample busts and long silky hair, every here and there.

All he knew was, she's the doctor who saved his life. And that was enough for him. In fact, that's all he wants to know about the other person.

Receiving no answer from him, the female doctor in long coat finally lifted her head from the files in her hand, "Tell me, can you walk?"

"..."

Fuck! No kidding this time! Are all military men monsters? Why do they want me to start running right after I woke up?

Is it some kind of ritual to go for a stroll after losing half of the blood from the body?

He nearly fainted again due to agitation!

However, after a few deep breaths, he controlled himself and his body and then shook his head with much difficulty.

"Can't walk? Are you paralyzed?"

The female doctor scanned him from head to toe again and then asked him with a weird expression. Her expression… it was like she was looking at some sort of monster from other world and her gaze was relaying a message, 'Cheh! can't even walk after such a non-lethal injury. Is he an army man for sure? No… Is he even a man?'

Altros, "..."

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

4