Chapter 1 – Awaken
4.2k 33 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the side of a grassy hill, a certain person starts waking up, with blurred vision as the light of the waking sun invades the eyes of the girl waking up, feeling fuzzy and all around weird, it felt like she slept forever after going to sleep the night before and, to add on the reasons to wake up instead of just turning around for a few more minutes like she usually does every morning, she could feel wind on her, even if she clearly remembered closing the window of her room the day before, her arms feeling all crampy, and feet weak, as if she ran for hours and did pushups.

As she slowly gained consciousness however she noticed something weird... Or, it'd be better to say that everything she noticed was weird, since when did she sleep under the light blue sky..? But that was only the start of her weird line of thought, which quickly switched over to a dramatic one as she screamed, realizing she was bound, she couldn't even see her arms or legs (Mostly because of the wing's size and perspective while laid down) as feathery wings were wrapped around her torso, her mind quickly figuring that she must have stayed like this for a bit because she couldn't feel her arms at all, or her digits for that matter.

After struggling for a few seconds the girl sighs, laying back down on the grass... Or atleast, stopping her wriggling, she was wholly binded. But how did she get in this situation and who put her like this? Wouldn't a rope have been more useful? As she thinks this she sighs once more, and why was no one around? On a grass hill is a terrible place to leave a kidnapped girl...

'Ah man, today is the day of the raid...' The girl thinks to herself with a sigh, she had been planning this game raid with her few online friends for months, and it sucked that all of this time to prepare wouldn't even give fruits, all of the fun times she promised to her friends crumbling in her mind, of all days to be kidnapped just the day she was going to finally enjoy with her friends

'I wonder what will happen to my status-' But as her next line of thought about her Guild Member position was being questioned something peculiar happened in the Harpy's point of view, a game-like small screen showing words appearing in her face, much to her shock. Due to this she fastly jerked back, resulting in her bumping her head a bit, afterwards letting out a small cry, but when doing so her eyes immediately opened again, realizing that her voice sounded... Different, than usual...

Ariara the Harpy

Level 1 (0/10 EXP)

23/24 Hp
20/20 Mana

Skills
Bird of Many Feathers (LVL 1) - Colorful Harpy (LVL 1) - Fire Starter (LVL 1) - Self Pluck (LVL 1) Flight (LVL 1)

Titles
General of Warfare - Traveler of Worlds - Reincarnated One - High Ranker

Despite hearing her voice differently her mind immediately gives priority to the text before it, which she immediately skims through before furrowing her brows, confused by what was before her, of course she knew how a status works, in videogames and novels main or side characters would usually have a Skill that can show them how they're doing, but this? This was... Kind of different.

Not only was it impossible for it to happen to her, considering she didn't consider herself either of those two, she also noticed this status sheet didn't include important factors that other usually did, like attacking power, defense, speed, wisdom, inteligence and more... But something that really tumbled her rocks multiple times after rereading it was the start... Ariara was her name, of course, but... Harpy? The human rarely but sometimes saw that kind of monsters in videogames, humane creatures with wings instead of arms and legs of a bird, which is from Greek and Roman culture... But what was it doing there? She was a human...

Slowly wriggling in her binded position the idea that would later turn out true slowly invaded her mind, one that she isn't very comfortable with... What if... She's not in the real world anymore? As this thought slowly starts to make more sense she looks down at the now recognizable wings that have her clutched... The reason she can't feel her arms, could it be..? Indeed, as she tries, the wings slowly move like if they were her own, unbinding the owner from the hug, which, after released from, Ariara actually notices how comfortable she was compared to the cold hard ground she's left on.

Now with her vision free however the girl let's out a sigh as her fear comes true, the legs serving as confirmation; long bird legs showing nothing humane in them but only what a demi human could expect... Her own wings connected to her body, which slowly starts to get up at her whim, it was starting to approach midday and despite this seeming like a dream, Ariara was actually starting to feel hunger... Despite the fact she shouldn't have been surprised since she had already felt pain she was still, afterall how does one cope with all of this?

The best way Ariara could think of was trying to get up, which failed midway through as with the new body balance Ariara fell backwards, flapping her wings a few times before her head bumps into the trunk of the tree right behind her, which offered partial protection from the sun that was currently shining...

With a heavy sigh the bird girl sits against it, looking at all of the skills she supposedly had, out of instinct pulling on her right upper side to click the tab of information, only to be dissapointed in the big lack of opposable thumbs the right wing offered, instead opting to start to think really hard on seeing more information on the skills. To her surprise, when focusing a lot... Another screen appears

Bird of Many Feathers (LVL 1) - When in a party of 3 or more passively increase attributes such as physical and magical abilities by a little.

Impressed by this sudden development the bird reads it through before slowly, one by one, reading all of her abilities and titles

Colorful Harpy (LVL 1) - Using one of her normal feathers, obtainable with Self Pluck, Ariara can absorb a skill from someone else, then able to learn it herself by absorbing the feather

Fire Starter (LVL 1) - Basic spell used by novice Magicians that can use fire magic, and by monsters that are generally fire related and low level.

Self Pluck (LVL 1) - Ariara is able to Pluck a feather from itself, dealing 10% of her own max hp as true damage (enemies plucking feathers will deal 15%), doing so if a feather is colored it will be attuned to a certain skill Ariara has, this feather then becoming an item. This feather can either be used by Ariara to learn a skill or broken by anyone to use the skill.

Flight (LVL 1) - The user is able to fly using magic power, mana, to boost the wind going through her wings, after getting used the user might be able to fly without the aid of mana.

Reincarnated One - The Title Holder has been reincarnated atleast once, her soul having passed from a body to another.

High Ranker - The Title Holder is part of a rare specie, or is a rare modification of a specie of monster.

General of Warfare - The Title Holder has lead multiple individuals in fighting multiple enemies, being machines or other lead individuals

Traveler of Worlds - The Title Holder has experienced through various ways multiple worlds.

 

98