Chapter 11 – Quiet End of Day
1.3k 38 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Where did you find the story?
  • When it was Trending
  • Suggested by a friend
  • Tag searching
  • Specific title searching
  • Random clicking
Total voters: 91 · This poll was closed on Sep 20, 2020 08:58 AM.

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!" Ariara shouts to the gods, the skies however giving no answer to the angry harpy, having taken a minute or two to let out her built up anger, something out of character for her personality. The bunny sighs at this, putting a paw to her leg before pointing to the landscape of ant bodies, the Harpy nods at his gesture, guessing he now understands her power, or atleast that she doesn't always eat berries.

With a few plucks over with Ariara checks out her new sheet, puffing out as the idle burning on her wings passes away, that curse the ants unleashed upon Ariara by attacking her seeming to be only temporary.

Ariara the Harpy

Level 11 (125/135 EXP)

24/Temporary Max 60 Hp
25/70 Mana
Skills
Bird of Many Feathers (LVL 3) - Colorful Harpy (LVL 2) - Fire Starter (LVL 2) - Self Pluck (LVL 3) - Flight (LVL 3) - Harpy Eye (LVL 2) - Grass Blade (LVL 2) - Chlorophyll (LVL 3) - Natural Mana Hijack (LVL 1) - Heat Mitigator (LVL Max) - Icy Protection (LVL 1) - Healthy Omnivore (LVL 1) - Intimidate (LVL 1) - Frost Breath (LVL 2) - Minor Light Spit (LVL 1) - Minor Corrosive Light (LVL 1) - Dig (LVL 1)

Titles
General of Warfare - Traveler of Worlds - Reincarnated One - High Ranker - Opportunist - Skill Holder Apprentice - Minor Nature Affinity - Minor Cold Affinity - Leader of Trouble - Survivor of the Light Ant Stampede

Ariara hums at the improvement, now starting to get used to getting the first three skills that come up from an enemy, not wanting to stretch her luck too much. Looking over her sheet she notices a few things; her mana pool enlargening despite no level up, temporary max hitpoints going up and lastly, how little experience ants give...

Minor Light Spit (LVL 1) - Ariara can focus to spit a ball of concentrated light.

Minor Corrosive Light (LVL 1) - When Ariara uses an attack that calls upon the element of light, or is related to it, she can activate this skill (Optional) to deal, over a period of time, minimal damage. Multiple hits stack the effect.

Dig (LVL 1) - This Skill represents Ariara's general ability to dig. The Harpy sometimes will see glimmers in the ground, digging there will definitely provide for a good opening for a tunnel. It can be activated at will but it has a low chance to actually work doing so.

Leader of Trouble - The Title Holder brings trouble along itself.

Survivor of the Light Ant Stampede - The Title Holder has survived a Stampede from Light Ants heading its direction.

While reading over these new improvements to her status sheet Ariara feels a rumble, immediately the sheet disappearing... She's hungry.

The Harpy sighs, ants isn't something she'd normally eat... But it is the only meat around that's easy to get, and she can kinda cook it, it'd definitely be a waste to leave all of them here to waste...

Ariana gulps, moving a bit closer to the woods and getting on one leg, grabbing a stick before throwing it towards the lake, moving them closer to a pile she's starting to make before getting on two paws again and restarting the process.

The pile soon grows and Ariana sets the tip ablaze with her Fire Starter spell, only later noticing the bunny having placed rocks around the wood, making for a small but cozy campfire by the lake. Disgusted expression on her face and desperate need for something that's meat adorn Ariara as she drags awkwardly an ant to the campfire, using her grass sword to slowly slice up some pieces to burn.

The first piece of ant turns into charcoal, her having accidentally dropped it directly on the fire instead of holding it above the fire, keeping things held with legs isn't easy. The second attempt goes alike, this time her squeaking and dropping it because of having moved her leg too close to the fire, instincts jerking her back and leaving the hard fought piece of meat to burn too much.

With a generous supply of ants Ariara has no real problem getting more, eventually cooking a piece she thinks should be edible, moments later taking a bite at the roasted meat. The taste is the worst she's ever tried, the 'food' tasting really sour, and dry to a point where she coughs a bit after swallowing the bite, drinking some water afterwards.

The Harpy is used to living in an advanced world after all... This terrifyingly bad piece of meat is yet another proof of how far humans have gotten as a civilization, after all where would she get all the tools to cook in this fantasy world?

Checking her sheet, partially in fear of having been poisoned by such a sad display of meat, she finds out of a new skill, Cook Apprentice (LVL 1)

Cook Apprentice (LVL 1) - Ariara has an advantage when cooking, sometimes this ability passively triggers to help her in cooking.

The Harpy is a bit confused, the description being pretty vague about how it'll help, but she's glad everyday activities can also become abilities, even if they probably won't save her from all the monsters that have it out for her... Humans included.

After a bit more cooking and forced swallowing of the horrible food Ariara sighs, seeing the Cook Apprentice and Omnivore ability both have leveled up. Moving away the feeling of throwing up the Harpy looks back to the bunny which is taking advantage of a nearby bush to eat himself, turning to look back when feeling watched.

Leaving behind all the ants remaining around Ariara and the horned rabbit start heading back to the cave they kind of settled in, deciding it best to not chance their luck sleeping out in the open, especially with a fireplace. The way back isn't hard at all, these days being pretty hard to forget for Ariara and the rabbit seemingly knowing exactly the way.

Once there the two lie down each in their own corner, both keeping watch for a bit before eventually drifting away into sleep, no particularly interesting dream haunting the bird.

The next day she awakens to a scream

41