Chapter 15.5 – Looking through Spider’s eyes
702 18 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is a bit of silence, the spider gulping as it moves towards the place she left, having just gotten up from being attacked by that bunny, sensing her female spider body as she looks towards the cage that comes in her sights, the wolf a Harpy was fighting before now laying in the prison, multiple crossbow-shots on its body, sedatives she made herself having knocked it out for good.

"I thought you said you were going to catch that Harpy and Bunny too. Two birds with one web." The leader of the humans clearly says to the spider, a scary tone in her perspective, she knows how scary he can be. Moving his hand from the shiny sword handle to one of the pockets of the yellow coat, bringing out a flat piece of glass, looking at it, seeing his own mask and yellow eyes looking through it.

The Spiders gulps once more, clearly understanding his words and cowering a bit, with one fell swoop he could probably cut her whole body in half, she knows that. "We got what we came for... This wolf is definitely on the monsters' side, meanwhile, we don't know about the Har-" The Spider tries to answer before being interrupted, the man in a flash of speed drawing the sword and slamming it on the ground, slicing nice and easily in the ground, it wasn't a hard ground but it makes a bad sound as it's moved apart.

"I did not ask to know your excuse. Remember that we let you come with us despite your monstrous self. You are to be grateful and do what we say, you are lucky I'm in a good mood." The man scolds, her nodding quietly, she did come by her own will... "Now, you are to also get in the cage and make sure it doesn't get any fun ideas." He explains, turning to one of the soldiers that jumps a little at the gaze, nodding and fumbling for the key, almost dropping it but getting it in the air, quickly getting to unlocking the iron cage, taking little effort to do so.

The girl sighs, knowing she can't deny his commands, crawling with all eight legs inside the cage, immediately starting to spew out string from her two front legs, using two other to hold still the wolf while she starts making sure he can't move, after all, a bit of this terrifying monster could very well chop out her useless monster body. Oh, how much she despises this situation.

With the wolf completely motion-less from paralyzing sticky string she sits down in the shaky cage, the group heading back to the human capital...

It takes a few hours, her being bored all the way there, staring idly at her status, her eyes filled with hatred every time she passes over her name... Minana the Spider. Why would she be given this body? Couldn't she be like those human heroes? The Spider huffs at herself, despite not being in a conversation, just out of spite. Why would her beautiful life be taken away for this... And why her? A lot of worse people deserved and still deserve being put in such a monstrous body, it's not benefitting of a girl like her!

Arriving to the city walls Minana covers her eyes with two of the legs, trying to hide the shame, but being a spider there are twice the eyes to cover, her still seeing what she didn't want to see: the look of judgment in every human seeing her and the wolf, disgust, and hatred in the adults, terror in the children's...

Shivering in this public embarrassment she can do naught but wait, the guards taking the fastest route to the second tallest building of the kingdom, the Tower of Serzius, it's owner and leader of the Pacifiers, a group of devoted priests and knights that may even be strong enough to be head to head with the human royalty. Of course, since the human royalty also practices light magic their relations are mostly benevolent to each other, if not a bit forced by the results a clash of such a scale would do, especially in these trying times...

Getting into the big building the cage is soon hauled into a dark room in the underground, four monsters now standing in the room alone. Out of the shadows, a slim figure moves its white paws closer to the cage, with swift movements the lock breaking in a flash, the iron lock standing no chance against this creature's blinding speed, although it does leave a bruise on the fur, damaging it somewhy

"Thank you, I couldn't stand in that thing any longer." The Spider says, grabbing the wolf by the strings and moving it out of the cell, thanking the creature which steps into the light of the lone candle at the room's door, a ferret with white fur, albeit one much larger than a normal one, on the size of a big dog.

"You're quite welcome. I see the mission was a success?" He asks, getting on two paws to get a closer look at the wolf enveloped in the web. It's awake, but staring blankly, when seeing the ferret growling, seeing as it IS webbed up and in unknown territory. "You deserve this for siding with the monsters, how could you even phantom-" The ferret starts, wanting to try to reason with it but he's stopped by one of the spider's legs moving to stop him

"It's useless, I don't think he knows Humian." The Spider says, both then turning to the wolf which clearly doesn't understand their words, growling as much as before.

"I guess you're right..." He replies, sighing and laying down on his back, the cold stone making a chill go up his spine.

"Do... Do you remember the Ant Hero?" The Spider asks, crawling on the walls to reach a web she's been expanding for a few days in her spare time, she hates webs... But out of instincts it kind of felt relaxing.

"How could I forget..?" The Ferret replies with a huff, reminding himself of a certain scene, one that scarred the two for life. "What are you getting at?" He asks, quickly shaking his head to try not to fully envision it

"We're not going to be like him right..?" The girl asks, actually... Afraid, despite these strong powers they were given, they were still new to their bodies, and even newer to these special abilities, meanwhile this... Aggressive world has had a lifetime of dealing with them, how could they thrive in such a world is beyond them.

"No, we're with the humans, I'm sure we have a bright future in front of us."

22