Chapter 19 – Shockwave of Energy
1.4k 14 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few hours ever since Ariara decided on a plan, it's been pretty quiet since. A few Vikings have headed in as is routine to challenge the weakened dragon, and one by one they've all been defeated and thrown out with great strength. These demi-humans have decided, they won't be moving camp until they can beat him one on one until one of them can, it's a matter of honor now for these Vikings, even if the dragon is starting to weaken from famine.

There's a sound of crunching snow from somewhere within the camp, the Vikings all turn to see nothing where they heard the noise. Curious, one approaches the small pile before ruthlessly slashing at the ground with its axe. The hit only shows the blood of snow, nothing but it showing on the axe's slice range.

With its worries removed he turns to head back, only to yell in pain when, from below, a spear trudges outward, piercing through its leg skin and outwards from another side of the right leg that's been pierced.

There are more yells as three more Vikings shout in pain, each being thrust at from underground, a hidden enemy taking attacks at them. With more howls of pain, the Vikings start to panic, twice the amount of spears thrusting upwards, unbeknownst to them the Kobolds using their spare spears to attack more, trying to feint having more people than they have.

However, this is just a distraction. Flying down at high speed through the snowstorm as the sun is dawning on the day, a bloody sundown it will be. With the moon starting to show it's side the Harpy lands, making a loud crunching noise on the snow as her talons attack to the ground. With a bit of stuttering, she immediately notices a few weapons already pointed at her, although some are distracted by the mole enemies these are trained men.

With a screech she uses one of her least used skills, mana starts rushing in the air towards the Harpy, multiple Vikings gasping in surprise at the mana leaving their body. A few cross bolts are shot but with a painful screech, they're sent flying to the ground, a shockwave of powerful mana leaving the Harpy which is left in pain, the Vikings being sent flying all around the place, snow being shaved off to uncover the underground tunnel she's made for the kobolds to shuffle around inside, and the fake snow structures to fool some who would stab at the first thing they'd see budge out.

Falling to her knees she blinks a few times, feeling her eyes wet she puts a wing to touch them with her feathers, discovering blood coming out of her eye pulps and mouth, a bad sign. She's feeling dizzy and left missing something, a quick check of her sheet immediately shows the whole problem.

Ariara the Harpy

Condition: Mana Burned (LVL 2)

Level 14 (203/220 EXP)

50/70 Temporary Max Hp

0/80 Mana

Skills

Bird of Many Feathers (LVL 3) - Colorful Harpy (LVL 2) - Fire Starter (LVL 2) - Self Pluck (STAGE: 2 LVL 1) - Flight (LVL 3) - Harpy Eye (LVL 3) - Grass Blade (LVL 2) - Chlorophyll (LVL 5) - Natural Mana Hijack (LVL 4) - Heat Mitigator (LVL Max) - Icy Protection (LVL 1) - Healthy Omnivore (LVL 3) - Intimidate (LVL 1) - Frost Breath (LVL 2) - Minor Light Spit (LVL 1) - Minor Corrosive Light (LVL 1) - Dig (LVL 1) - Cook Apprentice (LVL 2) - Mana BURNOUT (LVL 2) - Mana Explosion (LVL 2)

Titles

General of Warfare - Traveler of Worlds - Reincarnated One - High Ranker - Opportunist - Skill Holder Apprentice - Minor Nature Affinity - Minor Cold Affinity - Leader of Trouble - Survivor of the Light Ant Stampede - Silent Strategist

Alas, Ariara isn't able to check out everything new in her sheet as she sees some of the humanoids rushing at her, stumbling backward from her crouching position only to fall on the snow, with the Kobolds fighting together some of the strugglers from the blast she's left defenseless to the nearest Axe-Wielding Brute, a small flashback jointing her memory from the day she's awakened, she's as defenseless as before...

Before the axe is brought down on her though, a loud roar fills the area, with fast jumps a creature jumps before Ariara, with a powerful wing the Viking's axe is stopped in the act and the demihuman, dazed by this strong block, is thrown away by a powerful gust of wind started by the same wing that stopped the attack.

Looking up at her savior with bloody eyes Ariara sees a gentle smile, two red eyes with a fiery determination fill the head of a dragon the color of fire and clouds, with a paw he seems to help Ariara lay down, worried about her wellbeing before moving up, with a big roar he flaps his wings and starts flying upwards, in less than a second fire coming out of his throat, aimed at the Vikings that dare to stand up. With aid from above, the Kobolds are freed from their enemies, immediately rushing over to the Harpy and look with uncertainty.

What could they do? Looking at her, they can't see any injury the blood is coming out of, instead, the monster only being able to see them panic around her as her vision starts to blur out, she's tired from digging, moving in the harsh weather and... Whatever happened when she tried using that mana skill...

Small chapter word wise but I hope it was enough action-packed to make up for it! You all have a good day

20