CHAPTER 37 – DEAD END
97 8 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 37 - DEAD END

Swelling with anger, the wounded princess stood up and picked up her sword. She made one, two, three steps forward before pointing it to the blonde blind bitch who is holding her mother as a hostage.

“You monster!” Lizzy cried. “I’m going to kill you for that!”

“Oooh, scary~” Chancellor Mimosa mocked. “You really are the genocidal princess, but don’t think you’re in the position to give threats.”

“Kuh!” The orange-haired woman tightened her gripped on the retarded queen’s shoulder, making her cry. But even in great pain, Queen Astrea cradled her doll-like a real mother protecting her baby.

“Let her go! This battle is just between you and me! Leave my mother out of this!” Lizzy roared as she swung her sword in the air. She then glared at the orange-haired woman who’s dragging the queen. “General Velia, don’t hurt her! Or I’ll have your head in a spike!”

Not being scared a little bit, the orange-haired woman whom Lizzy called General Velia unsheathed her blade from her waist and pointed it to the queen’s throat.

“No! Don’t hurt her!” Lizzy cried.

“Agartha has no use for a retarded queen who only lays in bed and sing nursery rhymes with her baby doll.” The chancellor laughed. “If you want to get her back, then you will. In one condition.”

“What do you want from me? You want me to surrender? Then fine.” Lizzy threw her sword away and raised her hand without hesitation.

“No.” 

The chancellor snapped her fingers, and a hover drone with a video camera approached to her shoulders. 

“I want you to confess. To confess all your sins to your constituents. You must admit that you are a selfish princess who killed her own father.”

Lizzy bit her lip and clenched her fists. Pride is one thing, but making her admit a false confession wounds her heart. Her pained face silently tells me her feelings.

“I did not do it. I did not do it. I did not do it.” She whispered. 

But it doesn’t matter if she did it or not. Her mother’s life is on the line, and she’s in no condition to fight back.

“I… wish… to confess…”

“Huh? What is it, your majesty? Please say it louder~” The chancellor mocked. The camera drone started to hover and focus on the princess. 

“I wish to confess,” Lizzy muttered. “I… killed my father, King Randolph Erindel… with my own hands.”

“Oh, what a shocker~” The blonde blind bitch chuckled. “Why did you kill your father, you wicked princess?”

Lizzy stayed silent. Her shoulders are shaking because of her tight clenching hand.

“Did you kill him so that you can inherit the crown?” Chancellor Mimosa asked.

Lizzy stayed silent until she looked at her mother. That orange-haired knight who’s holding the queen hostage is now scratching the queen’s neck with her blade. A small number of blood droplets fell on the doll.

That made Lizzy infuriated, but she can’t do anything.

“Did you kill the king so that you can rule Agartha yourself!?” The chancellor shouted.

“Y-Yes.” Lizzy bowed and hid her eyes with her bangs. “I… I want to rule this empire… for my own selfish ambitions.”

“Aaaand cut~” The blonde blind bitch clapped, signaling the camera drone to stop recording. It hovered back to the chancellor like a fine pet.

The chancellor looked at the orange-haired knight and nodded, signaling her to let the queen go. Without any second thoughts, the woman knight released Lizzy’s mother with a kick in the ass!

“Uwah!” The queen cried as her face was smacked on the floor.

“You bastard!” Lizzy roared.

The precious doll rolled from the slope of the crater all the way down near to Lizzy’s position. The queen gasped upon seeing it, not worrying about her current position. Clumsily, she ran down the slope herself and tripped.

“Mother!” Lizzy cried as she ran forward.

“Lizzy!” The queen is not pertaining to Lizzy herself, but to the doll. She ran like an energetic kid until she finally got hold of her precious baby. Then the queen hugged the doll once again as she cried.

“Mother! Mother!” Lizzy hugged her mom tight. “Don’t worry! You’re safe now! You’re safe now!” 

“Lizzy… Thank you…” The queen whispered.

It was a gentle voice, and the queen is not saying it to the doll. She was saying it to her true daughter, which is now crying with tears of joy.

And then all of a sudden…

A large white blade sprouted out of the queen’s back. Blood sprayed all around. The immediate sword stab made the queen’s death swift.

“Eh?”

At first, I thought Lizzy has stabbed her mother while they’re hugging. Everybody who’s looking in a third-person view would see it that way. But when Lizzy pulled out from her mother’s grasps, we saw that the sword did not come from her, but from the doll her mother was carrying all the time.

Lizzy looked at the chancellor, who seemed to have cast some spell. Her staff’s orb is glowing.

The doll must have been rigged like a remote bomb, only to be activated to spawn a sword directed to the queen’s heart.

But nobody would believe it. Even my eyes played tricks on me when I first saw it. The soldiers around us must have seen the same thing. And to make it worse, that camera drone is recording again.

“Oh my! What did you do to the queen, you homicidal princess! Did your greed for power have consumed you completely that you have to kill your own mother!?” There goes blonde blind bitch’s convincing acting again.

“No… No… NO!” Lizzy cried as she released her mother and stepped backward. The queen fell down like a rag doll on the floor. The shocked princess looked at her bloodied hands with disbelief. “Mother… Mother… Mother!”

“Put them down, now!” The orange-haired general shouted.

The momentary ceasefire has ended, and now all the soldiers fired their bullets to us. In the nick of time, Yufa protected both of us again with her firewall barrier. But Lizzy stayed out in the open field.

“I’ll kill you... I’ll kill you… MIMOSA!”

Lizzy grabbed her sword back and then ran towards the chancellor, evading bullets along the way. Not all bullets missed their marks though, as there are about five bullets that pierced Lizzy’s left shoulder, right tricep, left leg, lower abdomen, and even grazed her right cheek.

“Haaah!” Lizzy raised her sword, ready to slash the chancellor in half.

But alas, the blonde blind bitch is protected by an unknown and unseen barrier. It deflected Lizzy’s sword which flew away.

“You should worry more about your friends rather than me.” The chancellor smirked.

All of a sudden, I heard our firewall crack. I looked at the east side and saw the orange-haired general blasting the barrier with her twin blades.

“Shatter!” 

The orange-haired knight stabbed his blade on the crack and crushed it completely. Now that the firewall is gone, there’s no way to protect ourselves!

The enemy knight is approaching the exhausted Yufa Haruna, who is clenching her magical girl staff tight. She pointed it to the orange-haired twin swordswoman, but it was immediately kicked off from her hands.

“Airblade Strike!” The enemy knight shouted as she dashed with blinding speed! Her blades sunk unto Yufa’s body, slicing her flesh from shoulders to midriffs, making an X mark on the poor pop star.

“Kyah!” Yufa fell down on the ground, bathing with her own blood.

“Yufa!” I cried. I pointed my hand towards my fallen ally and activated my Archonlight. “Command Code: Full Heal!”

[Error: Command Code Cooldown: 3 Seconds Left]

I have no time to wait for that! I have to help her, dammit! Why won’t the system help me!?

As the orange-haired woman slowly approach the wounded Yufa, I waited for the cooldown. It seemed like an eternity to me.

[Command Code Cooldown: 2 Seconds Left]

[Command Code Cooldown: 1 Second Left]

[Command Code Ready]

“Command Code-”

I was interrupted when I heard my own chest rip open. I realized that there’s no voice that came out from my mouth. I couldn’t gasp for air. In fact, my mouth and nose are bleeding. I looked at my chest which now has a giant hole.

As I fell down on the floor with my missing heart, I saw my assailant: a demon with golden eyes and black hair.

3