CHAPTER 42 – I CAN’T GET ENOUGH PLOT TWISTS
86 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 42 - I CAN'T GET ENOUGH PLOT TWISTS

Seeing an actual princess riding a tamed dragon would bring anyone a smile on their face, especially when they have come to help you get away from this shithole of a mess. From visiting the mental hospital to fighting for our dear lives in this ambush, I’ve never been relieved to have somebody rescue us.

Or will she?

The blonde blind bitch named Mimosa raised her hand, signaling all soldiers and knights to halt their assault towards us.

“Princess Guinevere Arcaliburn? What are you doing here?” The wounded chancellor asked.

“Your princess just blasted our embassy building there.” Guinevere pointed at the collapsed skyscraper on the west that was subject to Lizzy’s third-eye lasers a few minutes ago. “According to international law, our embassy is part of the Avalon territory. It is my job to protect it as the heir of the Avalon King.”

“You should not intervene with our matters, Princess Arcaliburn. This is purely an Agarthan matter. You should not cross the fence.” The chancellor threatened with a smile. 

“Ohohoho! Is it though?” Guinevere laughed like a true rich villain. “Your Agarthan princess just committed an international war crime. Any attack on my embassy is my nation’s enemy. From now on, I shall have jurisdiction over the runaway princess.”

“No! I will not allow it!” The chancellor roared.

“Oh? What are you going to do about it?”

All of a sudden, Guinevere’s ruby dragon roared and unleashed flames from its mouth, creating a ring of fire on the ground. It prevented all soldiers and knights from approaching us.

The soldiers and the knights backed up. Without any magic or technology aiding them, they have no hopes of beating a giant dragon. I don’t think any of the Agarthans can lucha libre suplex a ten-meter dragon.

“This damn bitch.” The chancellor bit her lip until blood flowed out. She gripped her golden staff so tight that it’s already creaking.

(“Get in.”) The ruby dragon used telepathy to communicate through our brains. He opened up his claws.

I’m quite skeptical about this princess and her dragon. Guinevere has been talking and treating Lizzy as a criminal that I think there’s a chance that we’ll be imprisoned under Avalon’s laws.

Yufa held my hand with her warm gentle fingers. She nodded and smiled, which is a sign for me to trust Guinevere. Yufa knows Guinevere after all.

So without further ado, I hopped on the ruby dragon’s open palms and laid the unconscious princess down. Zell and Yufa followed.

“I’m sorry, Chancellor Mimosa. But Princess Alessia Erindel will be under my custody now. Not only her but also her friends. I shall see to it that justice will be done for them.”

The expression on the blonde blind bitch’s face is priceless. She’s silently saying that her disappointment is immeasurable and her day is ruined. I burst a laugh at her, not being able to hold it any longer. I also made a bleh! gesture at her but I doubt that she can see it. 

The giant dragon spread out its bat-like crimson wings out wide and flapped, unleashing a storm that killed the ring of fire. With the aerial force, the dragon surged up in the skies.

“Ohohohoho! Thank you for your cooperation, Chancellor Mimosa! I hope we can see each other again! Whoopsie! I forgot that you can’t see! Ohohohoho!”

Those were Guinevere’s savage parting words before we went lightspeed.

<>

The traditional way to get out of Agartha is through their hidden portals that are stationed at the edges of the kingdom. It is located on the caves that connect to the Earth’s mantle. According to Zell’s story, there are about seven of them that transports to seven different continents of the surface world. The subterranean kingdom is cut off from all sides of the world that there is no way you can enter or exit the place with conventional means. 

The portals are controlled by combined forces of magic and technology, and it can only be operated by the underground kingdom’s forces. Luckily, we have an Ex-Aegis Knight with us who knows how to operate the portal, and luckily, his magic is already working when we reached the portal to Ophir after ten minutes of flight. There were guards in the portal terminals but they all ran scared when they saw the Avalon princess's dragon.

While Zell is taking his time to activate the portal, Yufa, Guinevere, and I who was carrying the princess hopped out of the dragon. The first thing Guinevere did after stepping on the ground is to hold her chest that shone with bright light.

“Cancelling Vesryn Pulse.”

In an instant, the crimson dragon’s body was engulfed with golden light and shaped itself into a human; a tall teenage man with a Japanese origin. He is wearing a black jacket with flame decals and he has this metallic headband on his forehead. He has brownish-black short hair and yellow skin. What’s more amazing from this dragon guy is that he has this glowing crimson eyes.

“Nice work out there, Kiryu.” Guinevere smiled.

“Gah! We should have stepped on the battlefield sooner!” The Japanese teenage boy with a badass jacket said. “I want to beat those Agarthan assholes and fight that demonic prince!”

“You know we can’t. We could have caught with Princess Alessia’s magic-nullifying eyes and we’d be fighting with sticks and stones. It was wise for us to arrive until the runaway princess is neutralized.”

“Fine, you got a point.” The teenage boy said. Suddenly, his eyes shifted to the teenage pop star who is just beside me. “Hey, Yufa. Are you alright?”

“Mmm!” Yufa jollily nodded as she pumped her fists. “You don’t need to worry about me, Kiryu! I can handle myself! And Mr. Casterdyne protected me all the time!”

From the tone of their voices, Yufa and this Kiryu guy must have been friends for a long time. I think they even have the same age, same school, and even the same class. They speak as if they have been so close.

The teenage boy looked at me and then gave me a smile. He offered his hand to me in a friendly manner as he gazed at me with his kind crimson eyes.

“Heya! I’m Kiryu Kisaragi, a high school student-”

“Dropout.” Guinevere interfered.

“-a high school dropout student. I’m with the same class as Yufa-”

“Used to be in the same class.” Guinevere interfered again. 

“-used to be in the same class as Yufa. Nice to meet you, Mr. Casterdyne! Yufa has told me a lot about you!”

“Nice to meet you too, Mr. Kisaragi.” I took up his offer for a handshake.

I actually forgot that I was carrying the unconscious Lizzy on my arms, so I accidentally dropped her on the floor. Her forehead went down first, and there was a short “Gack!” cry. Lizzy’s forehead spilled blood on the soil.

Lizzy did not incur any injury ever since I activated Archonlight System’s Master Control so I think she’s fine. Probably.

“You… stupid… donkey…” Lizzy cried on her sleep.

Ignoring the princess, I continued to converse with the awesome teenager.

“Thank you for saving us back there. We really survived because of you guys.”

“Don’t thank me, Mr. Casterdyne. It was Guin’s flawless plan to rescue you guys. If it was only me, I would have charged straight and waged war with Agartha myself.”

I shifted my gaze towards the Princess of Avalon who voluntarily approached me and put her hand on my forehead. She also checked the temperature on my neck and also my pulse in my hand.

“Are you okay, my dear cousin?”

The surroundings became endlessly silent.

Kiryu and Yufa’s jaws hung. Zell stopped operating the portal. Lizzy immediately raised her body like an undead. And I have this confused look in my face.

“COUSIN!?” All of us gasped.

5