CHAPTER 45 – I’M THE SUICIDE PREVENTION DONKEY!
86 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 45 - I’M THE SUICIDE PREVENTION DONKEY!

“Mr. Casterdyne, wait!”

That was Yufa’s cry when she tried to chase me in the corridors of the mansion. She tailed me right after I left my bed. She’s been talking me out of it and prefers not to get me back to the infirmary by force.

“I’ll be okay!” I said with a forced smile. The wrinkles on my forehead and the sweat running on the sides of my face are saying that I’m not really that okay, but I have to pretend.

It’s true that my nerve aches every time I move, but I can still stand and walk without the help of a crutch. It’s not like it’s my first time frying my veins with mana, so I’m actually doing a better job than last time.

I followed the red carpet of the mansion until I finally reached the entrance. I walked a few more to step on the wide oval garden in which the statue of a dragon and a maiden is displayed. On my right is the big medieval church, and on the farthest right is the lab.

I haven’t familiarized myself in this place yet, so I have to ask for directions. I looked at my back and saw Yufa still worried at me.

“Where did you say Lizzy was again? How could I get there?”

“U-Um, the princess took that way.” Yufa pointed to her left, which leads to the entrance of a deep forest. “She’s maybe at the grove.”

I walked until I saw an arc on the entrance. The wooden arc has a name engraved in it. To my surprise, it was the name I was all familiar with.

“Genesis Grove?” My jaws hung.

Yufa said earlier that Lizzy went to the other side of the mountain. Does that mean the other side leads to that grove? Wait, was my topographical analogy so messed up that I forgot that the other side of the mountain is actually the grove where I first met the princess?

I think there are two entrances to the Genesis Grove, one near the suburbs and the other is here. I’ll check my GPS later. For now, I have to go to Lizzy. If she went alone in that grove, that only means one thing!

I ventured forward, trying to walk faster. Yufa stopped me with a holler once again.

“Mr. Casterdyne! You might get lost! I’ll go with you!”

“No need.” I smiled at Yufa. “I know this place already. I won’t take long.”

“You sure?” Yufa is growing worried as she held her chest with both hands.

“Yes. If I take longer than one hour, that means Lizzy is hiding my body.”

“Don’t joke like that!” Yufa cried. 

I chuckled as I scratched my head. That pop star idol is really cute when being teased, but I should stop doing it to her. I need to go to Lizzy as fast as I can. So I started to run.

<>

The skies are already dark, but there are stardusts waltzing around the forest. There’s also this moonlight that lights up my path, so I’m not worried about getting lost or tripping on something. I can even see the abandoned altars and crucifixes in the area, which is kind of beautiful and creepy at the same time.

It took me no time until I heard the soft waterfall. The density of stardusts in the air became thicker as I continue to run.

And finally, I arrived at the opening in the forest where the small lake is situated. Just like what I thought, it was the other side of the grove.

At the edge of the lake is a beautiful woman. Her black hair reflects the light of the moon and the stardusts around her. I can only see her back from this angle. She looks like she’s about to soak herself in the water. Her shoulders are shaking, and she kept on wiping her face.

“Lizzy!” I cried.

“Don’t come any closer!” She shouted. “If you take any step forward, I’ll gouge your eyes and burn it to ashes!”

I was taken aback when Lizzy’s golden eyes glared at me. She means it, and she’s fully capable of doing so, so it’s natural that I’m scared of her.

However, when I saw her taking a step nearer to the lake, I couldn’t help myself but worry. It’s clear that she was crying all alone and trying to be tough.

“Lizzy! Don’t make any rash decisions! Tomorrow is another day! All your problems will be solved eventually as long as you live!”

“What the heck are you saying!? Leave me alone!” Lizzy cried.

“Don’t kill yourself! I know you’re heavily depressed, but suicide is not the option!”

“Shut up, you stupid donkey! I’m not going to drown myself in this shallow lake! I’m not a moron like you!”

Her words might sound real, but she’s still approaching the lake. In fact, she’s already at the edge!

I have to save her fast!

Legs working properly. The angle is set. Gravity status is green. My plan is to run towards her and grab her as fast as I can away from that lake!

“Rooooooaaaaaah!” I shouted out loud as I sprinted to the suicidal princess.

However…

When I was already half-a-meter close to the princess, I tripped myself over to a large tree root. This resulted in me accidentally tackling the princess with my full speed, force, and weight, delivering us both to the lake!

“YOU STUPID DONKEY-”

There was a loud splash. The serenity of the lake was interrupted, and some owls who are peeping flew away. Water sprinkled over the area, making a colorful rainbow.

“Gah!” I raised my head out and coughed out loud the water that invaded my throat. Lizzy did the same thing to save her lungs from getting filled.

When we finished coughing, Lizzy and I looked at each other. We’re both wet and drenched with the weirdly warm waters of this lake. I smiled when I saw her well and fine.

“At least you’re still alive. You can now say thank you to your savior!” I said.

A split second later, she started splashing to my face.

“You stupid donkey! I told you I’m not so dumb as you to drown myself in this lake! I just wanted to dip my feet in the water to relax!”

“You’re not planning to commit suicide?” I asked while shielding my face from the splashing waters Lizzy has made.

“Of course not, you dolt! Now I’ve all drenched in the water thanks to you!”

“I… I’m sorry.” I bowed. Strangely enough. Lizzy stopped splashing waters to me in order to hear my excuses. “It’s just that I can’t help it. I saw you crying and you wanted nobody to speak to.”

“I just wanted to have some space and be alone, stupid. And I don’t want anyone to see me crying. I don’t want anyone to have the idea that I’m emotionally weak.”

This is not good. I jumped on her without thinking, and she got soaking wet because of my stupidity. I already know what happens next: punishment. I have to get away as fast as I can.

“W-Well, enjoy your bathing then!” I forced a smile as I raised my hand. “Adios!”

“Wait!”

Lizzy grabbed my sleeve. At first, I thought I’ll be meeting my maker, but then she spoke once again in a compassionate tone.

“I want to tell you something.”

4