CHAPTER 49 – THE PRINCESS’ STATE OF THE NATION SPEECH
58 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 49 - THE PRINCESS’ STATE OF THE NATION SPEECH

Lizzy has finally calmed down. The cameras are all set, the broadcast systems to Agartha are already connected, and she already had her chamomile tea. We have chosen the seminar hall inside the mansion as Lizzy’s first studio in her debut of becoming a Vlogger.

Lizzy stood in the podium like a real politician. She’s already taken a bath and is equipped with her signature frilly blue dress. She also added some metal plates in it that made it look more combat-ready.

Yufa is in charge of being a cameraman, and Zell is in charge of maintaining the broadcast connected to Agartha’s television and internet. All others such as me, the priest, the doctor eye-bags, my British princess cousin, and her Dragonoid boyfriend are just there as an audience to the live feed Lizzy is making to her people.

“We are rolling in three...two...one… Action!” Yufa said.

“We’re connected!” Zell cried.

There was static on the Agarthan news centers for about one second, and then it finally flashed Lizzy’s face for the whole kingdom to see.

“People of Agartha, there is something that I must tell you. Please understand how foolish it is to fear me in response to the chancellor’s media manipulation. We are a unit that fights Necross Demons and Heretics covertly; the sector called Cathedral Exa. I am continuing the legacy of my father to contain the evils of this world. We have found out that our dear great Chancellor Mimosa is a World-Ender Priestess and my brother who’s supposed to be dead, Prince Alfeus Erindel is resurrected as a Necross Demon.”

I had to say, watching Lizzy simultaneously on the screen and in person has quite a different effect. It’s like I’m watching another person whose voice is refined and motherly, unlike the usual which is spiky and threatening. I could easily fall on her voice given how calming it is.

“I did not kill my mother and my father. I have loved them both, and they loved me back. But Chancellor Mimosa has framed me for killing both of them. After controlling the people of Agartha with false information and causing them to turn against me, Chancellor Mimosa will make a ritual to summon an Elder God that will invade and occupy the whole world. We have been manipulated from the start, and the freedom we had is nothing but a fake.”

Lizzy’s speech is full of heartful gestures, like those overly reacting theatrical plays and interpretative dances. However, Lizzy’s movements are smooth and as satisfying as playing a high-graphics game at 1000 FPS.

“Why do we destroy one another? Are human beings really that sad? We mustn’t be ruled by hatred! We should have freedom in all respects! However, with freedom comes responsibility. So that we may all be like human beings! So that we may make this world a better place! So as the princess of this nation, I will step up and fight this incoming destruction in the front lines. I will fight for Agartha and the whole world until I draw my last breath!”

Lizzy held her heart as if she’s speaking a solemn prayer.

“My father, King Mirfus Erindel, believed that this was the freedom he sought for joining the Cathedral Exa. My mother, Queen Astrea Erindel, believed that fighting should always not cause bloodshed.”

Lizzy spread out her hands wide like an angel asking for an embrace.

“Now is the time when we must claim true freedom for ourselves! I won’t give up! I won’t run away! Because I know that the people of Agartha is with me!”

Lizzy clenched her right fist and put it close to her heart. After briefly inhaling for air, she glared at the camera with the determination of a real ruler of a legendary country.

“My name is Princess Alessia Erindel. The 99th rightful heir of the Agarthan crown. And I will stand with you until the very end.”

The Princess of Agartha bowed, signaling the end of her speech. Zell immediately cut the broadcast connection to the subterranean empire to prevent any tracing of our location. Yufa also turned off the bright spotlight that has been pointing at her the whole speech.

I approached the stage with a smile. Honestly, I want to jump at the end of her broadcast while saying “Hey guys, thank you for watching Lizzy’s speech! Please don’t forget to Like, Subscribe, and Share this on Twitter and Facebook, and we will have a free giveaway of t-shirts and mugs!” but it doesn’t match the mood since Lizzy’s speech is so solemn. That would also get my ass kicked.

While I’m walking towards her, Lizzy saw me. She returned my smile with the same genuine one which indicates that she’s happy that she had a chance to unleash her ultimate feelings. 

She approached me too with tears of joy in her wonderful eyes. “John, did I do great?”

“Perfect! Ten stars!” I made a thumbs up. “That speech is convincing! I recommend running as mayor in this country so that we can corrupt government funds and not worry about money anymore!”

“Pffft!” Lizzy covered her mouth to prevent her outburst of laughs. “You stupid donkey! Hahaha!”

I don’t know how did that joke made Lizzy laugh, but I’m glad that I made her happy. This is one of the few rare times where Lizzy laughed from her heart, so I will not disturb her. I’ll just watch her adorable blushing face smile until she transforms back to a bitch again.

It would be good to call it a day since Lizzy got what she wanted at the end of the day. However, there is one more thing. One more critical thing is bound to happen.

All of a sudden, everything became black and white. Everyone froze in place as if they are just statues. I felt like I’m inside those pre-world-war panoramas on the TV.

“Lizzy? Lizzy!” I cried. But she did not respond. She just stood there, motionless.

I looked around me and saw that all other people shared the same fate as her.

“Yufa! Zell! Guinevere! Kiryu! Father Corsola! Doctor Goldcliffe! Mister scary tuxedo guy! Are you guys okay!?”

No answer.

They are all statues.

It felt like I’m the only one in this time-stopped black-and-white world.

I’m feeling an eternal dread within me. Chills continue to flow on my spine, and I’m too scared to move. I have never felt this kind of fear in my life. It’s the primordial emotion that nobody would ever fight against the horror of the unknown.

All of a sudden, Archonlight System beeped.

[Warning: Reality Alteration Detected]

[Universal Reality will plummet in 3… 2… 1…]

The halls started to turn to ashes. Even the equipment, the entire mansion, and even my friends who are frozen in place. They turned to black and white dust that mixed with the air.

“Nooo! Lizzy! Yufa! Zell!” I cried, trying to reach them before they completely vaporized. But it’s no good. They disappeared so fast quickly that I only leaped to catch the air.

I fell down on the grainy ground, which is not the tiled floor I was supposed to be on. I looked around and saw that the mansion, the Cathedral Exa, and even the mountains are no more. Everything I know has ceased to exist.

I’m now standing at the center of a salt desert. Salt, salt, and nothing but salt. The earth is all white, and the skies are dark as the void. It should be a full moon tonight, but there’s just abyss black in the skies. There’s not even a hint of cloud nor stars.

“JOHN CASTERDYNE, WE HAVE MET AT LAST”

I was flabbergasted because of that incredibly loud voice that even made the earth tremble. My skin produced cold sweat even though it’s icy cold in this salt desert.

I decided to turn around to meet the one who’s giving the voice. I was struck in terror when I saw him.

The Elder God.

3