CHAPTER 106: DRAGONYTE MEDLEY
59 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 106: DRAGONYTE MEDLEY

SERENA MAIZONO

8 DAYS AGO

Activating my Elform again grabbed the Orochi Dragon's attention, especially now that I'm back on the battlefield. I'm no longer able to maintain my power up at full strength so I doubt my attacks would do any good towards the legendary monster. But this time, it's different. I have the Pentagram Knights and other dragon knights from Alterra to back me up. Alphonse, Z, and Danielle may be tired but our firepower has greatly increased for the allies we have.

"Serena Maizono. I thought I killed you a few moments ago, but here you are, still alive and kicking. It must be the dark undead curse of your pesky knight that kept you alive, but that won't save you for a second time." The Orochi Dragon mocked me with her telepathy.

Her taunting didn't affect my mental state at all. I just kept on focusing on repeating our battle plan inside my mind. Danielle and I are still hitchhiking a ride from Alphonse's Elemental Dragon, so it's a good thing that we can still discuss our tactics up close.

Alphonse revealed his chains, fully coated with glowing golden light. On normal fights, he would only coat it with combined magical elements. As of the moment, it is only filled with a natural force I gave with my Elform powers.

"Are you sure you're going to have the remainder of the plan kept only to yourself?" Alphonse asked me.

"Si Senor," Danielle said on my behalf. "Sakuradrop has the psychic ability to read our minds, so the moment you knew Serena's idea, it will no longer work. Let's just leave this battle to the cute mademoiselle~"

"Fine." Alphonse groaned. "I just hope this sealing technique works, because this is the first time I'll do it."

"We'll be counting on you, Sir Alphonse." I smiled at my friend's knight. Then I switched my attention to the Orochi Dragon. I touched my earpiece and talked to all the five Pentagram Knights via radio. "Sir Pentagram Knights, I humbly request for your power in this fight!"

"We're all with you." Jerick Fachias answered. "Give us the sign and we will fire at will."

Five Pentagram Dragon Knights, escorted by eight other dragons, and our Elemental Dragon, we surged closer to the dragon with eight heads. The Orochi Dragon fired cherry blossom-colored blasters from each of its mouths, which was easily evaded by my allies. We managed to close in the distance until forty meters.

"Now!" I shouted. 

"Mystic Flare Annihilation!" The Mystic Flame Dragon blew out an avalanche of flames towards the eight-headed serpent. Just like what happened before, the flames did not touch a scale of the enemy. It just went around the psychic barrier which made a ring of fire around the immortal monster.

"THAT WON'T WORK AGAIN!!!" The Orochi Dragon telepathically said as one of its heads surged towards the Mystic Flame Dragon and its dragon knight Marlon Trystgade. The serpent head's charge is so fast that it did not leave any opportunity for its target to evade or block.

But in the nick of time, two Pentagram Knights collaborated their assault.

"Negate!" Christian Reines and his Dark Samurai Dragon dispelled the invisible psychic shield.

"Cobalt Missiles Launch!" Gerald Lucielo and his Airstrike Dragon unleashed eight missiles that surged towards the single serpent head.

However, just before the missiles could reach the charging head, the Orochi Dragon withdrew it and covered itself with its angel-like wings. All eight missiles blasted the eight-headed serpents left-wing, but the right-wing was injured to the bone too.

"Everyone, attack!" Jerick Fachias pointed his claw towards the defending Orochi Dragon. His Quasar Dragon is already charging up massive rays of light from its mouth and orbed wings, and with his signal, he launched it in one go. "Quasar Burst!"

"Death Crow Parade!" Eroll Fizarro fired his dual shotguns towards the enemy, and his Black Feather Dragon flapped its wings to unleash dark feathers. The shotgun shrapnels scattered as well as feathers, and all those projectiles were immediately transformed into zombie crows that rallied against the enemy.

The other dragon knights also commanded their dragons to unleash projectiles. Ice blasts, magma bombs, wind arrows, and machine-gun bullets roared around the place.

"FUTILE!!!" The Orochi Dragon said as it opened its wings that have already been regenerated in just a matter of a second. That arrogant enemy showed its vital spots but she is confident that nothing would hit her. Her psychic barrier is up once again, and all those attacks are being repelled or magnetized away. "YOU CAN NEVER BEAT ME!!!"

At the end phase of the combined dragon assault, Danielle readied her fans to flap on me. Using her remaining strength, she gave out a powerful blast of air that is focused on launching me quickly towards the Orochi Dragon. 

"Serena! Go!"

"Haaaaaaaah!!!" I cried out loud as I break the wind barrier and surge towards the enemy like a high-speed dart.

"FOOL!!!" Orochi Dragon laughed telepathically while she physically commanded all her eight heads to charge a psychic beam from their mouths. Like the way it goes, I'm going straight to my doom in this one. "DIE AGAIN!!!"

There's no way I can evade on midair as I am flying straight to the eight heads. Those psychic beams should certainly evaporate my existence, and blocking is not an option. All I have to do is to stay on the plan that I have formulated inside my mind and trust in my allies.

"Negate!" Christian Reines cast his anti-magic spell again to remove the invisible psychic barrier for a second. I managed to close in without problems as there is no more psychic force resisting my path.

But there is still this problem of me running straight to the psychic blast. All eight heads had their mouths glowing pink, readying to eradicate me.

"Magma Bombs!!!" One of the Pentagram Knight Candidates and a comrade to my squad, Estoff Wraith has made his move together with his Magma Dragon. His Magma Dragon blew out eight consecutive orbs of burning rocks to hit all eight of the enemy's chins. 

All eight heads of the Orochi Dragon misdirected their psychic blaster upwards, completely missing their chance to defeat me. The psychic beams only hit nothing but clouds in the skies.

"WHAT THE-!!!"

Now that the enemy is defenseless and offenseless, it's now my time to attack. To destroy one head, I would need a blast similar to a hydrogen missile, as demonstrated by Gerald Luciello. My goal is to destroy all eight heads at once. Sword of Camelot can no longer be used as I lack enough nature's magical energy to do it. The only attack I can do right now is my Serena Maizono Medley, but I doubt normal combo attacks would do significant damage to a dragon of this caliber. It only leaves me one option to finish the job.

"This may be the only reason why I have to use this," I muttered to myself as I held my own chest. My heart turned glowingly gold as I focused on my own heartbeats. 

The golden light immediately ate my whole body as I felt it reshaping into a mystical entity. With long saber claws, white-and-blue scales, angel-like wings, two light-blue horns sharp teeth and a lizard head, I have transformed my default Nexus Dragon form.

"IMPOSSIBLE!!! YOU CAN TURN INTO A DRAGON WITHOUT THE POWER OF THE VESRYN PULSE!!?"

Orochi Dragon was certainly astounded upon learning my secret. Ever since I entered the Dragon Knight Academy, I have been hiding this secret. Only Xenon knows about this, and he told me not to tell this thing on anyone else. When we discovered that I have the blood of the Dragon King, everything went clear to both of us. Being the heir to the throne of dragons and the ability to turn into a dragon without a human heart will lead my life to peril as my very existence would be a threat to humanity itself.

But I guess revealing my secret means nothing now, as we are fighting against a god of dragons.

"Here I go!" I telepathically shouted as time froze both to me and the Orochi Dragon.

"S!" I transformed into my Nexus Barrier Dragon form and blew out a sakura-shaped barrier that blasted the first Orochi head.

"E!" I transformed into my Nexus Saber Dragon form and cut the second Orochi head with my wing blades.

"R!" I transformed into my Nexus Archer Dragon and shot a gigantic arrow to make chunks of meat out of the third Orochi head.

"E!" I transformed into my Nexus Bomber Dragon and dropped a mini-nuke towards the fourth Orochi head.

"N!" I transformed into my Nexus Lancer Dragon and unleashed a gigantic spear from my mouth, stabbing through the serpent head. The lance immediately exploded to spikes which caused a mess to the fifth Orochi head.

"A!" I transformed into my Nexus Crusader Dragon. I used my shield to bash the enemy and used my mace to crush the sixth Orochi head's skull.

"Dragonyte!" I transformed into my Nexus Gunner Dragon and used my gatling guns on my wings to rain bullets on the seventh Orochi head.

"Medley!" I transformed back into my original Nexus Dragon form. I charged a dwarf star on my mouth and unleashed it to the last Orochi head!

"IMPOSSIBLE!!!" The Orochi Dragon telepathically cried as it realized that it lost all its heads in just a matter of two seconds.

1