21| A new chapter
1.6k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a week since Chang'e's energy stone had integrated in Lin Xiao's body. Mr. Shen, who's the only witness on their sudden wedding, quickly registered Lin Xiao in the hero system as a spouse.

Since marrying someone is considered not common, their marriage is quickly known to the whole SCA. Although, the others are clamoring for their union, mainly Hou Yi and Qian Li Yan, they unwillingly accepted the fact that Chang'e became Lin Xiao's husband.

Lin Xiao didn't forget to tell his family. After writing both their signatures on the wedding contract, Chang'e immediately brought Lin Xiao to his parents for their blessings. It was a joyous event, but Lin Xiao didn't expect for his parents to get mad and oppose their marriage.

"Don't worry." Chang'e reassured.

On the second day that is supposed to be their honeymoon, Chang'e left Lin Xiao alone in the house and went to his wife's parents alone. Lin Xiao's parents felt embarrassed at their previous attitude, they welcomed Chang'e well to the house.

Qian mother sighed, "That brat didn't even told us. We were shocked so we didn't know what to act."

It turns out, the old couple got mad because they were not invited on their son's own wedding. Lin Xiao woke up to find his parents treating Chang'e as a son more than him. Chang'e thought it was fun to watch Lin Xiao's sulking figure as the other thought that he 'bought off' his parents by giving them the 'dowry'.

Chang'e is the type of husband that is so ideal, it's hard to believe it's true. He can cook, clean, and is good in be- anyway, he's good at everything. However, Chang'e would suspiciously change the topic every time he brings up the topic about his work.

Lin Xiao gripped the man's sleeve, "If you are uncomfortable, I will resign."

It's not a big deal for him to resign since the clause in the contract says he can pay 60% off the original value of breaching the contract (resignation is part of the breach if the worker resigns before the end of contract) if he became a hero's spouse. Even if his current saved money can only reach 10% of the remaining value, Chang'e is rich enough to pay it all off.

Chang'e looked at his wife lovingly, his dark eyes swirled with a tinge of worry. He pulled the young man and sat him above his thighs, he slowly poured out his thoughts. "You know, I'm a hero-" he rubbed his lover's cheeks with his thumb, "and you are a hero's wife."

"I will not be by your side always since I have missions to go through and it may take months to finish. I don't hate your work but neither do I like it, I want to be the only person to touch you and be with you through your lifetime." He paused, before smiling. "But if you work under the SCA, your life will not be in any danger. I would also be relieved if you find another hero that can love you the way I love you."

Lin Xiao had always thought about it even after their marriage, but he trusted Chang'e will always come back to him. His eyes widened in disbelief after grasping the main point in the man's words, "You wanted me to look for another man? I can barely handle you-" He can deeply resonate on his husband's worry, but thinking about it in their early marriage life is...

Chang'e laughed to lighten up the mood, "I'm not forcing you to do that. Only fate will tell and I'm only telling you this because I want to let you know that whatever choice you make, I will respect it."

"But he must not be less than handsome and powerful than me." The man smirked, making Lin Xiao annoyed.

After their dinner, Lin Xiao's cellphone rang. Mr. Shen is probably calling him about their decision.

"Have you two talked about it yet?"

Lin Xiao looked at the man who is currently washing the dishes and answered, "Yeah, I won't resign."

Mr. Shen remembered something, "Then, have you changed your mind on going to the female SCA?"

Lin Xiao blushed and said no. He's already bent to the point of no return, plus he got a great husband. Who in the right mind would go there? Mr. Shen stopped teasing him and informed him that he'll start accepting sessions again after a month.

A hero's profile was sent in advance but a completely different format is printed on the documents. It was sent as a letter via mailbox, Mr. Shen told him that the heroes are not transferred to the computer system yet.

Above the profile is a dragon crest, and he can slightly smell the scent of Sakura.

The scent of the flower made him remember his time in Japan and the annoying heroes he had met there. Is this some type of foreshadowing?

Mr. Shen continued, "They just got out of the portal in the country of Japan, but they were transferred here since their culture and language is more similar to ours. Their unit went on vacation in Japan after months of training and orientation...I think you know them already."

Shit.

Lin Xiao mechanically answered that he knew them. Mr. Shen is not aware of what happened between him and that group of heroes though, so he just assumed that they got acquainted and it won't be too hard for Lin Xiao to have a session with them.

Mr. Shen didn't notice Lin Xiao's sad noises, he boasted, "They are our new man power. They quickly gained the rank of A-class heroes after the training."

"They are called the 'Dragon Unit'. I thought of their unit name. Although it sounds cliché, it sounds awesome, right?"

Lin Xiao recalled their horns and sharp teeth, "...yeah, awesome..."

Even after I got an awesome husband which can be considered as the only 'lucky ' thing that happened to me, my poor shit luck is actually this bad!? Lin Xiao, you crazy bastard, how can you jinx yourself every single time?

-----------------
Author:

I like dragons~ you will like them too, soon. *insert maniacal laugh*

26