The Farmer has a Plan
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ahh, what am I going to do now?” Rame asked herself out loud as she laid on the floor. The only thing to keep her vision occupied would be the ceiling fan above as Mifuru took care of her daily duties.

“Just don’t worry about the day-to-day.” The other girl told her while she was cleaning up some dishes. “I’m sure you’ll be able to find another means of providing us financially.”

“I got so lucky the first time.” She responded. Indeed, it felt like it had been fate that she had ran into that help wanted sign. Especially given the manager was desperate for new employees, so she didn’t have to try hard at all to get the job. Everything else seemed to want to have her submit a resume, but unfortunately all she had to her name was that one lone work experience.

It also didn’t help that she didn’t have any of the things a normal citizen should have. Like information on who she was supposed to be, since she wasn’t even supposed to exist on this world.

However, all that bad news was pointless to her seeing as it wasn’t the matter of finding new work. Rame was more preoccupied with upset over having quit her old job. The girl already missed working those late hours with Juuto. Having to do all those quiet simple things like stocking the shelves and taking out the trash. It was honestly a lot funner than leading massive demon armies, surprisingly.

Or perhaps not that surprising, seeing as the former demon lord’s heart was changing the more she lived this new easygoing life. One where the threat of death wasn’t high other than the few times where they got attacked from people who happened to be from Enatis. “It’s all my fault too. I should’ve just trusted him.”

“Even if he’s a trustworthy person, that doesn’t mean he’ll always be right in decisions.” Mifuru continued to stick to supporting her lord as best she could. That was all she knew to do ever since the pair met each other. “That woman is still an unknown we know little about.”

“But, he’s not wrong about being able to take care of himself.” She replied, finally sitting up from her sleeping spot. Rame had been feeling sorry for herself a bit too much now, so she decided to try and get some activity to get her body moving. “I can take care of myself too. You know what, I think I’ll go talk to Marie.” That woman did say she was free to come by and chat with her when she wasn’t working.

“Are you sure we can trust them?” She asked. At this point, there was still some animosity between the demons and the heroes. Fair enough, seeing as those two sides were on opposite sides of the war.

“I’m not scared.” Even if Marie did have a trap for her. The devil was confident she’d be able to win any fight, seeing as that woman had no magical powers at all outside of her glove that they took from her. “Plus, I think Juuto would tell us that we should try to be friendly. So if you’re ever with them, treat them like you would me.”

“If that’s what you command.” It was rare that Mifuru would even consider defying her lord’s orders. Now was not going to be one of those moments. “I’ll see you later then.”

“See ya!” Even though Rame wasn’t planning on going far away from their home base. After all, Marie literally lived next door to them. “Actually, I wonder if she could hook me up with work?” As she opened the door, she pondered as to what exactly it was that woman did for work while here. It seemed to be a day job, seeing as she was gone during that time. Of course, back when the devil worked the night shift, that meant they rarely saw each other since their schedules never matched up.

“Lucky running into ya right now.” Though she wouldn’t be meeting with Marie first. As fortune would have it, Asaga had gotten off work himself and had made his way to her place first. It was time for him to enact that plan of his that had been kept a secret from Juuto. “I was actually hoping to ask ya something.”

“Really? Well I certainly got all the time in the world now.” As it turned out, not having to work gave her too much time of idling these days. “What do you need?”

“I was wondering, since ya been down after losing yer job. Maybe we should go have a gather to try and take yer mind off things.”

“Really?” That was awfully nice of him to do that for her. Rame had never considered the two to be close enough for him to care, especially after their first meeting of nearly killing each other. “Well, if you’re paying I can definitely come along.” The demons were already living paycheck to paycheck. So without any income, it was also wise of them to have some cost-saving measures.

“Great, I sure can do with that.” As someone who lived all by himself, Asaga had found himself more wealthy than he had even been as a farmer. “If ya don’t mind, could I also invite along everyone else?” It was a subject he had some concern with. If his plan were to come to fruition, it would be wise to avoid drama. So bringing along the heroes could make things more complicated. Yet at the same time, he didn’t want it to just be them. That would just be awkward.

“I was about to already talk to Marie, so I’d like to think we’re cool.” She responded. “So sure, go right ahead too.” The more the merrier, she thought. At least it would serve as a good reminder that she knew more people than just Juuto. Then again, Juuto was also her best friend, so it was sad to think that someone she really wished was there, wasn’t going to be there.

At least, that’s what Rame thought, but this was all going according to plan for Asaga. It was a simple plan, which was just lying to the pair into thinking they wouldn’t be seeing each other on this outing.

“So Juuto, how about we go on an outing as friends?” Fast forward to later that night, it was now time for the man to work his magic on the manager. “It’s nice that ya want to make things up with Rame. But when you’re as down as ya are right now, then it ain’t gonna work.”

“I suppose if I’m feeling down, then she probably wouldn’t believe my apology.” Juuto couldn’t argue with that, so he agreed. “It’s good that we seem to have some free time this weekend, so what were you planning?”

“Lucky for me, I just got these tickets from work.” He showed off the same thing he showed off to Rame before. It was a bunch of tickets that would send them to Tokyo for a special trip to enjoy a new amusement part opening.

“Whoa, that’s so cool!” If he was feeling down before, then he certainly perked up now. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. They were going to get the chance to check out the new attractions of the recent Robodam franchise. The one where characters battled it out in giant mech suits in space. “I loved this when I was a kid.” He still did as an adult, but he wasn’t going to admit that so easily in public. ”How’d you get these?”

“There was a contest back at work, and yours truly won.” Asaga bragged. “We competed in something called this forklift rodeo, where we-”

“I don’t think I need to know what that is.” Juuto didn’t want to indulge in the idea of messing around in those machines, but it did make sense that he won tickets for these from something like that. “There’s a lot though, so I’m taking it’s not just us.”

“Well, I know ya were worried about being friends with Akitomo and Marie, so it doesn’t sound like a bad idea to bring them along. I kind of already asked them, so I hope ya don’t mind.”

“Nah, it’s great if they can come along.” He responded. “I love this stuff, so it’s about time I showed you guys something cool from my world.” Sure, it was space tech that didn’t exist in real life. But he still wanted to wow them with something. So far, it had mostly been them surprising him with their magic fantasy. So it would be a nice change of pace to see science fiction instead.

“Perfect, then it looks like those are plans for the weekend then.” Asaga proudly proclaimed as he made his way to the hot dogs. Grabbing some to reward himself for a job well done.

2