Chapter 17: Emeric the Contender
92 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There, in clear view was Emeric. On his unconcealed lower face was a peaceful smile. To him, having just killed Jehan, one could say he finished one of his life missions.

Brigan, on the other hand, stood rooted to his spot in shock. He had always speculated where the people were hiding after seeing signs of destruction. However, the thought of them fading similar to how the beasts did, never once crossed his mind.

Centering a frown at the shadowy figure he now knew as Emeric, he prepared himself to confront his greatest challenge. "Why did he disappear like that?" He asked first, hoping to gain some insight into the confusion he bore.

From what he knew, even if people did vanish after being killed, Old Man who was the first person he saw, did not meet the same fate. In fact, he was also able to bury the unlucky guy.

Patiently waiting, his generosity failed to reach Emeric as the man signal with his hand to charge forward. Perplexed at the peculiar behavior, he heightened his awareness as his confusion was answered in the form of two beasts, having remained lurking in the shadows, charged forward with the intent to kill.

Surprised but not unduly so, Brigan did not shy in his approach as he intercepted the charging beasts. Coming from the right was a giant mouse being the same species as the one found attacking Melody.

On the left with thunderous steps was the additional limbed lion beast comparable to the one that killed Old Man. The only differentiation dissociating its distinctiveness was the reduced size and lack of salivating acid.

Confused and wanting to attain answers, he determined the best route to take was subduing Emeric quickly. Having rushed forward to create distance between him and the injured Elber, he picked up the discarded God Weapon.

After all, there was no point in allowing a good weapon to go to waste when he required a greater offense.

With the rapidness to erase all bridges severing him from his enemies, he took out a page from the late water rabbit's book and crouched down before releasing his full strength to spring ahead at a prominent velocity.

Grasping the large claymore, he positioned his flying body horizontally while becoming a human spinning top.

Buzz!

Like imitating a chainsaw, the rotating claymore zoomed upon its first target, the giant mouse. Unwilling to just roll over and die, it placed the vibrating horn whiskers to blocked the advancing attack.

Right before the strikes clashed, there was a roar called out. "Delusion Scissile!"

The vibrating horn whiskers gave all but a second to collapse under the claymore's cutting prowess as Brigan's momentum carried forward to arrive in Emeric's personal space.

Emeric snorted seeing the foolery. Calmly placing his hand on the blade surrounded in darkness, he slashed at the frontal assault. A violet shimmer manifested as the dark blade travel through space.

Clang!

The spinning Brigan halted instantly meeting the collision. With his feet planted firmly on the ground, Emeric did not budge a centimeter. Instead, Brigan was ejected from the clash and sent flying before skidding to a stop near Elber.

Hum!

Taking a glance at the item he held, he saw the weapon and his arm tremble as it produced a humming noise. From this, one could tell how great, the amount of pressure the claymore was undergoing.

For Brigan, the exchange made him frown further. The power coursing through his arm felt on a higher level than even the water rabbit's strength. And yet, he saw for himself that the light shimmering from Emeric's blade was in fact, identical to everyone else.

Being, it was a violet color.

Debating his chances, he switched his aim to the remaining aggressive beast. Thankfully for itself, it still had self-preservation instincts because it avoided making the same mistake the other did by keeping distance during Brigan's rampage.

However, its time appeared to be up as Brigan speared forward to pierce it through. "Delusion Assault Point!" Once this attack was made and considering Brigan's speed, the extra limbed lion was helpless as Brigan forced it into guarding, rather than attacking.

With only this option available, it swung its back arms to push the claymore away. Unsurprising, one of the limbs were severed at its base as the beast became wild in its agony. "Wroar!!!" It roared pitifully.

Feeling no remorse from his actions, he continued to pick the beast apart until it became dazzling particles that danced in the sky before engulfing his being.

Like always, the aftereffects gave an immense impression of empowerment. Not disoriented from the rush, he once more focused on the waiting Emeric.

Despite him slaying his minions, Emeric seemed to careless of the resulting process. To him, it was as if everything was already determined. But his thoughts were understandable. Having experienced a short exchange prior, he understood his confidence.

Even so, Brigan was still prepared to subdue the arrogant man. As if reading him like an open book, Emeric stared coldly before snorting again. Lifting the blade with his left hand, he brought it chest high as his other arm trembled a few seconds but remained in its place in the end.

"Do you think that this is my only God Weapon? Have you forgotten my escape the other day? Or even if it was, do you know why the difference in our power is vast like the sky and the earth?" He rained question at Brigan.

After waiting a moment before discovering Brigan chose to stay quiet, Emeric chuckled. "I can't stand seeing people like you the most! Looking at you reminds me of looking at a younger Elber! Your eyes say you want to help very badly, but the fact of the matter is, you are powerless to bring this help. Watch, I will give you the experience of both. You can then understand, us brothers, entirely!"

Following his words, his blade shimmered as his feet did alike. Resembling a phantom, he appeared in front of Brigan with the dark blade centimeters from his neck. "Rejoice brat, this is the greatness of a Contender God Title!"

1