3. Ambush
29.2k 11 402
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Iwa ninjas are ready to assault the Konoha shinobis.

After the Second Shinobi War, the tension between two hidden villages has grown even further.

This time their targets are powerful Uchiha clansmen with Sharingan. They are notable characters in the bingo book. There are orders for ninjas to run when facing them alone.

Akira, the Lightning Blade, had a bounty of 100 million Ryou in the bingo book.

His name is Lightning Blade because of his mastery of the lightning chakra. He could coat his blade with lightning chakra and slaughter enemies like a reaper.

He earned his fame as The Lightning Blade during the Second Shinobi War. Back then, he slaughtered a group of two Jounins and thirty chunnins with numerous genins while surrounded by enemies. His blade danced on the battlefield as it reaped many lives.

Aiko, The Red Blossom has a bounty of 75 million Ryou in the bingo book. She is a very proficient genjutsu expert which paired with her Sharingan is a deadly combo.

She is able to put enemies in a genjutsu in the blink of an eye. Red blossom leaves would rain when she initiates her genjutsu. Her genjutsu would end with red blood flowers blooming in the battles.

Yagami, The Shadow Flicker has a bounty of 90 million Ryou in the bingo book. He is proficient with body flicker jutsu which he pairs with shadow clone jutsu to confuse his opponents with his extremely fast speed.

The moment you figure out the real Yagami would be the moment your head falls off from your body.

Facing these opponents would lead to a terrible end, similar to their previous squad who met their doom. They received intel from their spy in Konoha about the Uchiha trio.

The intel was a little late, and thus they could only intercept them on their return to Konoha.

"This time Iwa is ready to pay the necessary price to get rid of these three shinobis."

The jounin commander closes the intel scroll as he explains the details of their target.

Gulp…

The nearby chunnins gulp a mouthful of saliva.

They are the cannon-fodder in this mission as their task is to distract enemies in this fight.

The Iwa team warily draws their weapons and slowly surrounds the hiding spot of the Uchiha group.

'Fire-Style: Great Fireball Jutsu

'Wind -Style: Furious Gale'

A massive fireball enhanced by wind jutsu drops in between the Jounins and chunnins.

ARGH… AHH…

Half of the chunnins are immediately engulfed in flames as their screams echoes in the forest. Even some of the nearby Special Jounins are caught in the attack too. This attack was too sudden for them to react.

Huff…. Huff

Akira and Yagami breathe heavily as they confront the remaining Iwa shinobis.

Their combination attack was able to take down lots of chunnins but the primary target was the Tracking unit of the Special Jounins. The attack was a success as most of the tracking nins were killed.

Akira immediately unsheathes his Chakra blade and coats it with lightning chakra.

Clang…

He blocks an attack from the Jounin Commander of the Iwa nins. Akira easily repels the surprise attack.

Tch…

The Iwa nin commander clicks his tongue. He used the opportunity after the previous fireball jutsu to launch a counter-attack. But he failed to get a hit in.

After failing his attack, he retreats as the skirmish begins without any words from either side.

Clang… clang…

Clashes of kunais and blades echo in the silent forest as sparks erupt after each collision.

Aiko, who is hiding nearby, has amassed enough chakra for her genjutsu.

Swish… swish…

She quickly makes some hand signs.

"Genjutsu: Sharingan: Demonic Flower Blossom"

Red blossoms began to rain as many Iwa ninjas are caught in the genjutsu.

Aiko retreats, as she had expanded half of her remaining chakra reserve to cast the previous genjutsu. She creates an opportunity for the duo.

Akira and Yagami nod towards each other.

Whoosh… whoosh…

They immediately began to massacre the Iwa Jounins. Akira stabs two of the jounins with his lightning blade and Yagami slits the head of one jounin and remaining tracker nins.

"Release"

The Iwa nin commander is the first to dispel the genjutsu. He notices the slaughter caused by the trio.

"Damn you, Konoha scums!"

He quickly makes some hand signs and smashes his hands on the ground.

"Earth Style: Fissure"

The ground split apart and a gigantic rift appears beneath Akira and Yagami.

Swoosh…

Both of them jump in the air and avoid the attack.

Whoosh…

They reunite with Aiko as all three of their back are placed against each other. They warily stare at the remaining shinobis of Iwa.

"It's just like the Second Shinobi War."

Akira has a helpless expression.

There are 7 jounins, fifteen special jounins, and fifteen chunnins left on Iwa's side.

"We are almost out of chakra!"

The real fight is about to begin as many Iwa jounins have yet to expand their chakra.

"I will handle the Jounin commander."

Akira nods as he clashes with the Iwa nin commander.

Both Aiko and Yagami confront the remaining Jounins.

Swish… swish…

The Iwa commander makes some hand signs and slams his palm on the ground.

'Earth Style: Mud Prison'

He isolates Akira from Aiko and Yagami as he smirks at Akira.

"Akira, the Lightning Blade! I, the Rock Fiend Daichi of Iwa will send you to the afterlife."

Akira ignores his taunt and makes some hand signs.

"Lightning Style: Lightning blade cutter"

He coats his chakra blade with lightning and he slices a nearby wall in half.

Daichi makes more hand signs.

"Earth Style: Mud thorns"

Multiple massive spikes erupt from the ground and aim for Akira.

Swoosh…

Akira jumps up and avoids the attack

"Earth Style: Mud bullet"

Daichi spews out a mud bullet and aims it at Akira.

Shiing…

Akira predicts the trajectory of the mud bullet with his Sharingan and bends his body in mid-air to dodge the attack.

While in mid-air, he makes some hand signs.

"Fire style: Phoenix flower Jutsu"

He spews out a large number of small fireballs at the Iwa commander.

"Earth Style: Earth wall"

Iwa commander blocks the fireballs with an earth wall.

BOOM… BOOM…

The fireballs explode on top of the mud wall.

HAAH…

Swoosh…

Akira flickers towards the Mud wall with the lightning blade in his hand.

Slash…

He slices through the mud wall and aims for the head of the Iwa commander.

The lightning blade slices through the Iwa Jounin commander. The latter melts in a pool of mud.

"A mud Clone?! This is bad!"

Akira hurriedly jumps in the air as the clone melts to reveal a large number of paper bombs.

'Release'

BOOOMM…

A massive explosion occurs as the paper bomb explodes on top of Akira. Dust and debris rise in the air. The deafening explosion shakes the nearby ground.

Bang…

Akira is thrown out from the blast. He slams into a nearby tree.

Bleurgh…

Akira coughs up some blood.

He was able to predict the path of explosion using his Sharingan and thus was able to avoid most of the impact. Even so, the explosion was too powerful, and the shock waves hit him.

"I have no time to waste. This is an opportunity!"

Akira slowly stands up as he supports his body with his blade. Ruthlessness flashes through his eyes as he makes some hand signs.

"Lightning Style: Lightning spear"

He coldly stares at the Iwa Jounin commander who is blinded by the dust and debris of the explosion.

Swoosh…

He throws the lightning blade towards the enemy commander.

Stab…

The lightning spear stabs the commander straight in the heart.

AH…

His eyes widen in surprise as he stares at a badly wounded Akira. His consciousness slowly fades away as his last words are stuck in his mouth.

'You didn't die from the explosion!'

Meanwhile,

Things aren't looking good on Aiko and Yagami's side. They are continuously assaulted by the attacks from the remaining six Iwa jounins, other special jounins, and chunnins.

Aiko gathers some of her remaining chakra and casts another genjutsu to distract the Iwa ninjas while Yagami deals with them.

'Genjutsu: Sharingan"

The enemy ninjas are caught in her genjutsu as they are temporarily paralyzed by it.

Swish…

She takes out a kunai from her holster and dashes towards the enemies to slit their throat.

She takes out kunais and shurikens from her holster and throws them at nearby chunnins to clear their distraction.

In the Meantime,

Yagami is able to successfully kill another Iwa jounin before the rest of them dispel the genjutsu. Only five jounins and ten special jounins are left. They have killed all the chunnins.

BOOM…

A huge explosion occurs inside the mud prison as it crumbles apart.

Smoke and dust block their vision as large amounts of debris are hurled their way. The shock wave from the explosion flung them away.

Whoosh…

Aiko and Yagami quickly take cover behind the trees. Aiko has a worried expression as she stares at the remains of the mud wall.

Dust and debris settle to reveal a haggard Akira kneeling with one foot on the ground.

The corpse of the Iwa Jounin commander lies in front of him.

---------------------

A/N:- The Uchiha trio has been on a run for a week. They are exhausted and very low on chakra. Plus, multiple enemy teams are in their pursuit.

402