16. First Day of Academy
18.9k 16 356
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day we arrived early in the morning. There were lots of children gathered in the front training ground of the Academy waiting for the commemoration of ceremony. After half an hour, when all of the students were present their the ceremony started.

It was a boring event and I felt like sleeping when the Jounin and Chunnin instructors gave their speech.

“Now, it’s time to end the ceremony.”

I opened my eyes as I yawned when the announcer announced this news.

“But before that, Our Respected Hokage-Sama will give a speech to the future ninjas of the Konoha.”

The surrounding clapped and cheered when Hiruzen wobbled over to the stage.

‘So, it will be his usual will of fire Bullshit! to rile up young children to give their life for the sake of the village. Like, come on, almost 50% of the population is Ninja in the village and the rest are civilians and what he means is to risk the life of half of Konoha’s population to save the life of the rest 50% of the population who can’t take care of themselves. From what I saw in these five years an average shopkeeper earns more than a genin per month and some popular shops even earn as much as a Jounin. Where Jounin have to put his life on the line to do a few A-rank missions to get the money and a portion of the money provided by the mission would be taken by Hokage office as maintenance fee and the rest half would be divided equally among team members depending on their Ninja rank.’

The Hokage continued to rant on as I tried to figure out the reality of the situation.

‘Also, if the Ninja is from a clan he has to pay some of the mission money to his clan to fund the clan. After all of these cuts what is left is a meager sum of money. If I open a weapon shop and start to sell some ninja tools, I wonder how much money would I earn. Then my story would be ‘the birth of a Business Mogul in Ninja World’. Till now, I haven’t heard of any Ninja getting extremely rich by doing missions. To be realistic, any person be it chunnin or jounin can’t complete missions non-stop. I observed my father in previous four years and came to a conclusion.’

Any jounin can only opt for a B-rank or above mission unless he is a genin instructor. The C and D rank missions are reserved for Chunnins and genins. An average B-rank mission usually takes a week to complete and the ninja needs to relax for a minimum of three days to recover from fatigue. The payout of a B-rank mission is 150,000 Ryo to 200,000 Ryo. After all the cuts it amounts to an average of 100,000 Ryo if the person is solo on the mission. For an A-rank mission, the payout is anywhere between 150,000 Ryo to 1,000,000 Ryo. No jounin can go solo on such mission and need the assistant of at least another Jounin to safely complete the mission. The mission usually lasts for anywhere between a week to a month. Also, the ninja needs a rest of at least two weeks to recover from the mission. It will take even more time if the ninja has serious injuries. The payout for a ninja would be around an average of 400,000 considering the highest payment of 1,000,000.

Now let’s talk about the S-rank mission. Need a group of at least three skilled Jounin and the number can go up to seven members. The minimum payout for the mission is 1,000,000 Ryo. And the upper cap would be decided by the Hokage office depending on the severity of the mission. No ninja will willingly take the S-rank mission unless specifically requested by the Hokage office. After my birth father has rejected all of the S-rank missions issued to him. If I estimate then an average payout from S-rank would be 600,000 Ryo considering the sum is divided among other people.

Ok! That may sound a lot, but there is a catch. We have yet to cover the expenses of missions. The shurikens and kunais are made out of metal, so they cost a lot to purchase. A set of 6 kunais and shuriken cost 10,000 Ryo and this set last for 3 B-rank missions, one A-rank mission as for S-rank consider carrying another set with you. The shurikens and kunais would usually be lost, nicked, or have to be left behind while escaping from ambush. Other expenses include medicines after all who isn’t injured during a mission and most of the teams don’t have a medic ninja with them. The Chakra pills and recovery medicines are a hell of expensive as rare herbs are used to make them. A bottle of 10 Chakra pills cost 50,000 Ryo and medicinal liquid and gel cost around 10,000 Ryo. Also include the average hospital expenses of 10,000 Ryo for B-rank, 50,000 for an A-Rank, and a minimum of 70,000 from S -rank. I would hardly believe if someone said a person comes out unscathed for the S-rank mission. Such a person would easily be near Kage level and could easily steamroll a bunch of Jounin. 

When I figured out such a thing, I began to question the sanity of peoples and laughed at myself as I would soon join the madness. I am pretty sure the higher-ups of Various Clans are aware of this thing but they choose to shut their mouth as they need to sustain the clan. Also, if everyone just sat at home and opened a shop or two, then they will become degenerates who need babysitting like civilians and thus would lower the power of a Clan. Only disabled and old person was allowed to open a shop in any clan compounds, this is the rule enforced by Clan.

The speech of the Hokage ended as we were dismissed to our respective classes. I walked over to the notice board and checked for my class number. My class is on 1-B whereas Shisui’s class is on 1-C. The selection of the class was random and no class was filled with geniuses.

“Too bad, nii-san! Our classes are different, I won’t be able to stay with you.” Shisui complained.

“You can always meet me during lunch-time.” I consoled Shisui.

I searched for my class and found it after fumbling for a while. I entered the class and sat at the edge of the class close to the window.

There was a podium in front of the blackboard and the desks were arranged in ladder steps increasing the height of the last row and thus making the face of every student visible to the Instructor. Students continued to enter the class and the class was almost full. There was no sign of an instructor anywhere. My good looks earned me the favor of many girls as they continued to pester me about my name and hobbies.

Many of the boys were jealous but I was irritated by this continuous pestering of bothering. I replied to a few girls during the start, but after that, I stopped bothering them as I gazed out of my window.

A few civilian kids were jealous of me and thought of teaching me a lesson as they approached me. One of them placed his foot on my desk as he barked,

“Hey! You spiked chump! go away from this seat. I and my friends will sit here.”

Honestly, I am quite stunned by this development as I thought,

‘Hey, buddy! I never bothered with you, why you want to make my life miserable?’ 

I ignored them as I continued to gaze outside the windows. All of the nearby civilian kids were anticipating a fight as they murmured among themselves.

“That kid is going to get beaten and taught a lesson. Who told him to impress so many girls.?”

‘Nani the fuck! How I offended you all. I don’t have any interest in these small lolis. Honestly, aren’t you all too young to think about such matters? In my previous world due to modernization this could be considered normal, but here it looks weird. But I can guess the sentiment of these sheltered kids. Also, do all of you honestly believe that they will flour me.’

I looked around to see the reaction of kids from clans. Most of them were lazing around and muttering among themself. They were honestly not bothered by this show. I guess everybody here is the protagonist and I am the mob who gets picked on.

‘Why you do this to me? Now I have to bully you all. I guess I will go full hentai on you all and unleash tentacle monster on you guys. Will it break their mind? Who cares, I am not a soft persimmon. This will serve as a lesson for them.’

‘These civilian kids are too full of themselves. I remembered from the anime they surrounded the clone of Itachi to teach him a lesson, but he kicked their asses. Also, civilian kids used to surround and bash Naruto often. Guess, I will teach them what their parents weren’t able to.’

 
356