198. Clash of Ideals Part-2
6.6k 10 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang…

Kaito slams in a nearby tree and falls.

Augh…

He spits out some saliva as he angrily stares at Naruto.

"You bastard… I won't let this slide."

Kaito uses his fan to support himself.

"Here."

He takes out the Heaven and Earth scroll and throws them towards Naruto.

"You want this, right? You can have them."

Naruto catches the scrolls and throws them towards Sasuke. He grabs Kaito's collar and questions him.

"Why did you try to kill them? It is just an exam. Why would treat them like a dog and then let them escape only to attack their back even though you had the upper hand? Tell me why?"

Fwish…

Kaito swipes away Naruto's hand as he stares him in the eyes.

"Shut up, you fool. It's not your matter whether they live or die."

Kaito slowly stands up as he struggles to balance himself.

"No… it is my matter. How could you attack them from back?"

Naruto stops Kaito.

"I said SHUT THE FUCK UP," Kaito yells at Naruto.

He turns towards him.

"You don't understand the way of shinobi. The shinobi world is a place meant only for powerful people. The weak and feeble people have no right to share the same land as the strong ones. This chunnin exam is a test of the same. It tests your strength and survival skills. Weak people are nothing but fodder for the strong."

"WHY YOU?..."

Naruto clutches his fists tightly.

"Even so... You don't have any right to attack their back. You could easily finish them upfront; why would you attack their back?"

Naruto yells at Kaito.

"Shut up… you know nothing. These Kiri bastards backstabed my sister when she went to Kiri for the peace treaty. Back then I swore to myself, I will take revenge for her. I won't allow any Kiri shinobi who crosses my path to live anymore. I will bring justice to my sister."

He pushes away Naruto and walks away.

Crunch… crunch… crunch…

Kaito crushes gravel under his footsteps as he ignores Naruto.

"Why? Why would you do so? Doing such a thing won't bring your sister back. If your justice is exacting vengeance on Kiri, then your justice will only bring more vengeance. It will only create a never-ending cycle of hatred."

Crunch…

Kaito stops in his footsteps and remarks.

"You talk too much. Peace was never an option. It was those same preachers of the peace who killed my sister. Tell me, do you think they won't do the same to others? Tell me, what if someday one of your loved ones dies in the same exact manner; would you exact revenge for them?"

"I… I…" Naruto stutters as he is lost for an answer.

"You can't tell, right? So, stop bothering me… I will do whatever I see fit."

Kaito holds his teammates and ambles away.

"It's alright, Naruto." Sasuke pats Naruto's shoulder.

"But… but…" Naruto tries to argue.

'Naruto… this is the life of a shinobi. This is the harsh cold truth of the world.'

Shisui stares at Naruto as he remarks to himself.

'Nii-san told me that Naruto has plot armor. He will always pull through everything. I don't know what it means, but I trust Nii-san and I trust Naruto's capabilities. I have trained him for nothing. He will be fine.'

"Anyway… Naruto-kun, Sasuke-kun. We got the scrolls."

Sakura inspects the scroll.

"Now what?" Naruto turns towards Sasuke.

"Now we would have to just reach the center of the Forest of Death and that's it." Sasuke enters deeper into the forest.

"Wait for me." Naruto and Sakura follow him.

Whoosh… Whoosh…

They move through the forest for an hour as a giant tower appears in their vision. There are several chunnins guarding the tower.

"We have made it there. It took us four hours to reach this place." Sasuke looks around.

"Now what? We somehow made it here." Naruto asks him.

This means we cleared the second stage. Let's return to the village." Sasuke nods his head.

"Hold up… I want to see what's in these scrolls." Naruto waves the scrolls at Sasuke.

"Go ahead. I am also curious to know what is written in these scrolls." Sasuke and Sakura curiously stare at scrolls.

Whoosh…

Naruto unfurls both of the scrolls and lays them on the ground.

Swoosh… swoosh…

A fuinjutsu seal appears in the scroll as the seal spreads on the scrolls.

Poof…

A white puff of smoke appears on top of the seal.

"A Summoning Formula."

Sasuke stares at the white smoke.

"What would it summon?" Naruto questions.

"Congratulations! You have passed the second stage of the chunnin exam."

The smoke disperses to reveal Kakashi.

"Huh!" Sasuke's, Naruto's and Sakura's eyes widen in surprise.

"Huh!"

Kakashi also stares at the group in disbelief.

"Huh!"

All four of them tilt their head in confusion.

"Oh shit! I almost forgot about that." Shisui stares at the group from a distance.

"You three?... what are you doing here?" Kakashi angrily questions them.

"This area is off-limits for genins, even chunnins need permission to enter this area. What are you bunch doing out here? With the chunnin exams summoning scrolls no less."

Kakashi taps his foot on the ground as he glares at the group.

"We… we…" The group is at a loss for words.

"I won't hear any excuses. Just give me an honest answer." Kakashi riles up his chakra to pressure the group.

"Kakashi Sensei… we were just training nearby." Naruto scratches his head and smiles.

"That terrible of an excuse won't work on me, Naruto. This is a serious affair. The chunnin exams are no joke. Several other nations are involved in this matter." Kakashi twists Naruto's ear.

Ouch… ouch…

"Sorry, Kakashi-Sensei. We were just bored with all the D-rank missions; there was nothing better to do. So, we just thought about taking a peek at the chunnin exam." Naruto discloses everything.

"Just a peek... you say, when you almost cleared the second stage. I will deal with you later. Also…"

Kakashi raises his head and stares at a tree.

"How long are you going to hide and watch this drama unfold? I have questions for you too."

Whoosh…

Shisui flickers in front of Kakashi and scratches his forehead.

"You found me out."

"Of course, I was the former leader of your Anbu team. I might have left the anbu, but the skills are still there?" Kakashi remarks.

"So… what's this all about? Why didn't you stop them? I want to hear the truth." Kakashi folds his hands.

"Well… it was Izuna Nii-san's plan. Earlier, he noticed Sasuke and the group snooping around the academy, eavesdropping on the location of the second phase of the chunnin exam. Nii-san figured out their intention and sent me to follow them. If these bunches were to behave recklessly and create some problem, I would have to step in to stop them." Shisui reveals everything.

"So… Nii-san found us out?" Sasuke hangs his head.

"Of course, he would. He is the best anbu member of all time. Also, he is a sensor Ninja; his perception is very high. Do you guys honestly thought you could go unnoticed from his eyes?" Kakashi rebukes them.

"All matter aside, I will still punish you for breaking the rules. You three would be grounded for the next month. No more missions for anyone of you." Kakashi harshly chides them.

"But… but… Kakashi sensei…" Naruto complains.

"No buts. Any more words and the duration would be extended."

"…"

Naruto immediately shuts his mouth.

"Shisui… lead them out of the Forest and inform Hokage-sama about this. The exam must continue."

"Yes." Shisui nods his head.

Poof…

Kakashi disappears in a puff of smoke.

"Shisui Nii-san!" Naruto stares at Shisui with puppy eyes.

"No…" Shisui drags Naruto away as Sasuke and Sakura follow him.

"Still… you guys did very well. I am impressed by your skills." Shisui praises them.

"Of course, we have trained hard under you and Izuna Nii-san. This little bit of exam is not a problem." Naruto smugly pinches his nose.

"Naruto… you might have the skills of a Ninja but you still don't have the mindset of one," Shisui instructs Naruto.

"The world is too vast and everyone has their ideals. It is good to guide people towards the correct path but don't try to enforce your ideals on others. Every person has their own path to choose from. All of us have to make choices at one point or another. What you did today may be correct from a moral viewpoint, but as a shinobi, it can turn into a weakness that your opponents might take advantage of?

Listen, Naruto… by sparing your enemies, you might save a life, but you are jeopardizing the safety of your friends and family. Today's situation might not be an ideal example, but it is still a lesson you need to learn as a shinobi."

Sasuke and Naruto listen silently as Naruto clutches his fists.

"But what he did today was not correct?"

"Yes… it might not be correct, but it is a fact that only strength rules over everything. Konoha is strong, and it is because of this factor that other nations fear us and hesitate to invade us despite our resources. There is no such thing as true peace."

Shisui and the group flicker through the Forest.

"If there is such a thing as true peace, then I will find it. Dattebyo!"

Naruto has a serious expression on his face as he clutches his fists with firm resolution.

A ray of sunlight seeps through the darkness of the Forest of Death and brightly shines on Naruto.

Shisui stares at Naruto with wide-eyes as a smile appears on his face.

'Naruto… Nii-san believes in you. I will also put my belief in you.'

Shisui shakes his head and speeds up.

"Let's go. We have yet to decide a punishment for you all.'

"…"

135