208. Despair
11.1k 40 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"KILL THEM… KILL THEM… I will kill them."

Gaara clutches his forehead as bloodlust takes over him.

Swish… swish…

He swipes his claw and sends the Uchiha group flying.

Bang… Bang…

The Uchiha group slams through multiple houses, their fate unknown.

ROAR…

More and more sand converge around Gaara as he loses his consciousness.

"HAHA… Finally, I am free. And I want to kill someone to calm my anger."

Shukaku roars furiously as inspects his surroundings.

"These damn humans, they sealed me for such a long time. Just a little more… just a little more for this vessel to break and I will be free from my restraints."

Swish…

Shukaku swipes its claws and rampages through the village as he destroys one house after another, searching for targets.

"Huh!"

Yang Kurama opens his eyes and stares at the center of the village.

"That damn Tanuki is here. What is that bastard doing here?"

Kurama growls in anger.

"Ah…"

Shukaku senses Kurama's chakra.

"That bastard fox is lurking around here. Last time I heard he was sealed inside a jinchuruki. I will shred that bastard to pieces. ROAR…"

Shukaku dashes towards Naruto's location.

"Damnit… I am trapped in this brat's body or else I would have taught a lesson to Tanuki."

Rumble… Rumble…

The ground trembles as Shukaku marches towards Naruto.

Brrr…

A shiver runs down Naruto's spine as he feels a sense of incoming danger.

"What's going on? Why I suddenly feel like I am in great danger?" Naruto looks around to search for the source of the threat.

"Oye brat!… listen to me…"

Kurama advertently pulls Naruto into his mindscape.

"Huh! How come I am here?"

Naruto blinks cluelessly as he stares at the underground complex of pipes and shallow water.

"It is that place again."

Naruto quickly dashes deeper into the underground complex. A giant cage appears in front of him.

"Nine-tail fox, why you pulled me here? I was about to reach the shelter." Naruto demands.

"Listen, brat! I don't have enough time to explain. The jinchuruki of one-tails lost control and is rampaging in your village. Earlier, he sensed my presence and now one-tail is coming for your ass.

As much as I hate your guts, I also hate to lose to that Tanuki. I don't want a trip to Sanzu River without my other half." Kurama growls.

"Wait, a minute!... Hold on a sec! You mean to say that one-tails is coming after your sorry ass and I am being targeted because of that." Naruto blames Kurama.

"Ahem!...Brat! If you want to live to see another day, then follow my instructions or else forget about it. I will swallow this humiliation from that Tanuki bastard and will repay him two-fold in the future." Kurama closes his eyes.

"NO… NO… I will listen." Naruto furiously shakes his hands.

"I never even got a chance to meet with my parents. Izuna Nii-san told me I will meet them soon and I believe in him."

"Grr…"

Kurama remembers the incident of the past where he stabbed through Minato's and Kushina's body.

"Humph Fool!… then listen!"

Kurama formulates a plan and conveys it to Naruto.

"I got it." Naruto nods his head.

He opens his eyes and dumps Choji near the shelter.

"Sorry, Choji! I have to save everyone else. That one-tails is coming for me. I can't bring him to shelter and risk everyone's life."

Whoosh…

Naruto flickers towards training ground1 located in the middle of the village.

"At least this way, there would be no casualties. I hope others will help me."

Inside the shelter,

Sasuke, Sakura, and the rest of the people drag everyone else to the shelter.

Sasuke looks around and spots his mother.

Mikoto has a distressed expression on her face as she is furiously searching around. She notices Sasuke and sighs in relief.

"Thank god! Sasuke you are fine."

Sasuke nods his head.

"Mother! Where are father and brother?" He asks her.

"Your father and brother are repelling enemies and evacuating people to shelter." Mikoto calms down.

"Where is Naruto? He should be with you right?" Mikoto asks him.

"Naruto!"

Sasuke searches around for Naruto. He turns towards the rest of his classmates and asks them.

"Did you see Naruto? He was with us when I last saw him."

"No, I didn't see him. Choji is also not here." Neji activates his Byakugan and inspects the shelter.

He shakes his head in denial.

"Naruto! That idiot. I bet he is in some kind of trouble."

Sasuke clicks his tongue and dashes out of the shelter.

"Sasuke-kun!"

Sakura tries to follow him.

"Hold on, Sakura!" Shikamaru stops him.

"You will be a burden to him. Sasuke is strong on his own. He can take care of himself; you will just hold him back."

Shikamaru shakes his head.

"But… but…" Sakura whimpers as tears flow from her eyes.

"Why am I so useless in everything?"

"Uh!" Shikamaru rubs his forehead as he is at a loss for words.

'Even I can't think of a solution for that.'

"Mikoto! Have you seen Ayaka around?"

A distressed Aiko and Fumiko walk up to her.

"No… as far as I remember, she was with us until now. Where is that girl?"

Worry appears on Mito's face.

"Let me help."

Neji offers help.

"Izuna Nii-san saved my father's life. This much is nothing."

"Very well." The mother group nods their head.

"Byakugan!"

Neji activates his Byakugan and searches every nook and cranny of shelter.

"She is not in the shelter." He shakes his head.

"Where did this girl ran off to?" Their worry intensifies.

Neji continues to expand his sight. He stops around half a kilometer and shakes his head.

"This is my limit. I can't see past it."

"Let me help." Hinata's mother offers help.

"Byakugan!"

She activates her Byakugan and searches the inner sanctum of the village.

"I can't see her in the inner sanctum of the village."

She continues to expand the horizon of her search until she reaches the outer section of the village as something blocks her vision.

"I can't look past the outer sanctum of the village. There is a barrier blocking my vision. It is quite a powerful genjutsu based barrier." She shakes her head.

Click…

Aiko clicks her tongue in worry and dashes out of the shelter.

"I have to search for that girl."

Mikoto and Fumiko nod their head and follow her.

"We will also help." The rest of the Konoha 11 group breaks free from their genjutsu as they offer help.

"You guys… it is very dangerous outside. You will only get in the cross-fire of enemies."

Mikoto shakes her head and denies them.

Whoosh…

She flickers out of the shelter.

------------

Outside Konoha,

Whoosh…

Mei stops in front of a crimson barrier.

"This is… this is a powerful barrier. I can sense Izuna's chakra signature from it. He must have erected it to prevent any damage to the village."

Mei touches the barrier as the barrier repels her.

"Let me see how can he stop me." She tightly clenches her fists.

"Lava Release: Heavenly Searing Blade"

Mei kneads a large amount of chakra in her mouth and spits out a giant lava blade.

Srrr…

The lava sword slams into the barrier and dissipates.

Tch…

"It's useless."

She clicks her tongue in frustration.

Crack… crack…

Some cracks appear on the barrier as it crumbles apart.

"Did I succeed?"

Crack… crack… Bang…

The barrier shatters into countless fragments as the infused chakra dissipates into the surroundings.

Mei hurriedly enters the area to look for traces for Izuna. She looks around as a painful moan falls in her ears.

"IZUNA!!"

She notices a badly beaten and battered Izuna held by the cloaked figure. Multiple black rods are stabbed into his body as chakra fumes out of them.

"IZUNA!"

Mei hurriedly dashes towards him.

"Lava Release: Meteor Shower"

She makes some hand signs and releases multiple lava meteor at Jigen.

"M… Mei… get away from him… You are not a match for him. He is… he is… very powerful."

Izuna struggles to breathe as he spits out these words.

"I know. But I can't allow him to kill you."

Mei has a resolute expression on her face as she faces the cloaked figure.

Hoh!

Jigen turns towards Mei as he ignores the flaming lava meteor heading his way.

"Another foolish human who doesn't know their limit."

Swoosh…

Jigen waves his hand.

'Sukunahikona'

The flaming meteor turns into flaming pebbles as they approach Jigen.

Whoosh…

Jigen catches them in between his fingers as he waves his right hand.

'Daikokuten'

Whoosh…

Jigen uses his eye ability and releases multiple high-speed black chakra rods at Mei.

Stab… stab… stab…

The rods stab through Mei's legs and arms and pins her on the ground.

"Is she your other significant half?" Jigen turns towards Izuna.

Only silence greets him as Izuna refuses to answer him.

"I see."

Jigen walks towards Mei as he opens a small Kama rift and takes out another black rod from it.

"I can sense your chakra signature from her. That must be it."

Jigen raises his hand and stabs the black rod towards Mei's womb.

"You bastard!"

Izuna yells in fury.

BOOM…

----------------------

A/N:- Yes, the story is turning a little dark from this point onwards. I never meant it to be a merry go lucky type story. We all like a story where MC dominates everything; but after a point it becomes crass and too bland to read. MC must learn some lessons through harsh way. It would be dark but not to where it will become repulsive to read. I had dropped lots of hints in previous chapters. I would like to hear your thoughts on this chapter.

131