238. Battle of the Bridge (Naruto Vs Zabuza)
4.2k 4 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"DIE!"

Zabuza swings the Executioner's blade towards Tazuna in a horizontal sweep. His aim is to slice the bridge builder in half, leaving no chance of recovery.

Clang…

Naruto blocks the blade with his kunai.

Aw…

The impact of the strike leaves a tingling sensation in his hands.

"What?"

Zabuza has a surprised expression on his face.

"How?"

In the previous strike, he used most of the strength of his body to release a devastating blow to slash the target in half. He even used the special blade techniques of Mist swordsman to deliver the strike. Paired with the Executioner's blade, that strike can even cleave through thick earth walls, but this little genin blocked his sure-kill move with only a kunai.

Zabuza is flabbergasted to see this.

Aww…

Naruto shakes his hands as his hand feels a little numb. He clutches his kunai and turns to Kakashi, who is watching from afar.

"Kakashi Sensei! I can fight this guy. Leave him to me."

Mmm…

Kakashi nods his head in affirmation.

Even he was surprised to see Naruto block that attack.

'Sensei! Can you see this?! Your son is also a genius like you. He is already strong enough to compete with elite Jounin.'

He turns towards the confrontation between Naruto and Zabuza.

'If Naruto isn't able to hold his own, I will step in and save him.'

Upon hearing these words from Naruto, Zabuza's expression turns ugly.

"You underestimate me, kid! A greenhorn like you thinks he can compete with a Mist Swordsman."

Zabuza swings his Executioner's blade with a bloodthirsty expression.

"Kubikiribōchō will bathe in your blood brat."

Whoosh…

Zabuza disappears from his position and reappears behind Naruto. He swings his blade towards Naruto's neck, aiming to end him in a single slash.

Poof…

Naruto disappears in a puff of smoke, leaving a kunai behind.

"A shadow clone?! Then where is the real body?"

Zabuza looks around for the actual Naruto.

The kunai flips in the air and turns into Naruto.

Haah…

Naruto has a kunai in his hand as he aims for Zabuza's head.

"What?!"

Swish… skid…

Zabuza kicks the surface of the water and instantly maintains a distance between them.

"This kid?!… He is too cunning. I can't lower my guard."

Zabuza has a serious expression on his face. Just now, he barely avoided the sneak attack from the kid.

"Kid!… I must say you have some skills for your age, but it isn't enough to stop me."

Stab…

Zabuza stabs the blade on the surface of the water and makes some hand signs.

Swish… Swish… swish…

"Water Release: Water Bullet Technique"

Zabuza manipulates the surrounding water and fires a giant water bullet towards Naruto.

Whizz…

The bullet closes on Naruto.

"Kid! Although you have some skills in Ninja techniques. In terms of Ninjutsu, you still lack experience."

Naruto calmly stares at the incoming water bullet and makes some hand signs.

"Wind Release: Giant Wind Bullet Jutsu"

He takes a deep breath and inhales large amounts of air and fires a giant wind bullet towards the incoming water bullet.

BOOM…

Both the wind and water bullet collide and cancel each other, leaving large amounts of water droplets in the surroundings.

"You got some moves kid, but it ends here."

Zabuza clutches his blade with one hand and raises another hand over his head as he takes a stance ready to cast his most powerful jutsu.

"I won't allow it."

A pair of hands creep out from under the water and grab Zabuza's legs.

"What?!"

Zabuza is shocked to see the hands. He lifts his head and stares at the 'real body' of Naruto.

Poof…

Naruto smirks at him and disappears in a puff of smoke.

"Another shadow clone?!… this kid!… Just who is he?!"

Haah…

The pair of hands tug tightly and attempts to pull Zabuza under the water.

Instead of panicking, a smile appears on Zabuza's face.

"I finally found you, kid. This must be your real body."

Swirl…

Zabuza's body turns into a puddle of water and engulfs Naruto.

"Water Release: Water Prison Jutsu"

Zabuza's water clone turns into a large sphere of water and traps Naruto.

Burble… burble…

Naruto breathes heavily in the sphere as he attempts to get free from the prison.

"It's futile kid! I have spent quite an amount of chakra to form that water prison."

Swoosh…

Another water clone appears behind Zabuza. The water clone inserts his hand in the water prison to maintain it.

Kaching…

Zabuza draws the Executioner's blade and walks towards a terrified Tazuna.

Haah…

Sakura jumps in front of the bridge builder.

"I will protect you."

She tries to assure Tazuna. But her words do not affect him.

"This is the end for me. Gato company is too terrifying."

Tazuna closes his eyes in fear.

Sakura takes out her kunai and stands in front of Tazuna. Kakashi watches the entire series of events from the sidelines without interfering.

'Since Naruto asked me to not interfere, then I won't. Still, I am curious to see, how will get out of this predicament. Of course, I won't allow Zabuza to kill our target of protection.'

Kakashi turns towards Naruto who is struggling with the water prison.

'Water prison is a C-rank jutsu used to restraint one's enemies. But the power of a jutsu depends on the user. In the hands of a Ninja-like Zabuza, it could be quite challenging to get rid of this technique.'

Haah…

Naruto tightly clutches his hands as large amounts of red chakra surge from his body.

Haah…

BOOM…

The surge of chakra destroys the water prison and frees Naruto.

"Farewell! Bridge Builder!"

Zabuza swings the Executioner's blade to claim Tazuna's life.

"Kenjutsu: Secret art: Mist Execution"

Kakashi's expression turns serious as he makes his move.

'I can't delay any longer.'

Suddenly,

Fwoosh… swoosh…

A streak of orange light flashes past him.

"This is…"

Kakashi's eye widens in surprise as he is able to get a glimpse of the appearance of the streak.

"Sensei!!"

These words involuntarily escape from his mouth.

Whoosh…

Naruto appears in front of Zabuza to intercept his attack.

"Rasengan"

Naruto has a dense red Rasengan in his hand.

BOOM…

The Rasengan explodes on top of the Executioner's blade.

Crack… crack…

Cracks appear on the blade and the blade shatters into pieces.

"How can this be?!"

Zabuza's eyes widen in sheer disbelief.

"That was one of the famed swords of the Mist. How can it shatter this easily?!"

Haah…

Naruto tightly clutches his fist and punches Zabuza.

BANG…

Zabuza is sent flying by Naruto's attack.

--------------

Earlier,

Inside the village,

"That takes care of things."

Sasuke dusts his hands as two unconscious goons lay in front of him. They were precisely the bodyguards of Gato: Zori and Waraji."

"Earlier, I suspected Gato would make a move to sabotage Tazuna's family while we are busy dealing with the shinobi. Guess, I was right on cue."

He ties both of them with a rope and flickers towards the bridge.

"I will leave their fate to these villagers."

Whoosh…

Sasuke arrives beside Kakashi and reports to him.

"Good work!"

Kakashi nods his head as both of them turn towards the fight between Naruto and Zabuza.

Sasuke notices the red chakra of Naruto and silently murmurs to himself.

'I never expected this dunce to improve this much. While I have made little progress, he has improved tremendously.'

Sasuke feels the pressure from Naruto's growth.

'I don't want this idiot to leave me in the dust. After this mission, I will ask Izuna Nii-san to train me.'

Hmm…

Sasuke senses a shadow slowly creeping towards Tazuna.

'It's that hunter-nin guy. He is aiming to assassinate Tazuna while Naruto is engaged with Zabuza. He thinks he can get past me. Hmph…'

Sasuke snorts and immediately flickers towards Tazuna.

Whoosh…

Clank…

Sasuke deflects an ice senbon aimed at Tazuna's neck.

"Not so fast."

Tch…

Haku clicks his tongue and appears in front of Sasuke.

"I have to complete the task Zabuza gave me at all costs. Even if it means killing someone."

Haku solemnly stares at Sasuke as the surrounding temperature drops.

Brrr…

Sakura and Tazuna feel the chill in the atmosphere. Both of them rub their hands to get some warmth.

Kakashi's eyes narrow as he watches this phenomenon.

"Ice Style! A Kekkei Genkai user. It's going to be a fight between two Kekkei Genkai."

At some distance away,

Chomp… chomp…

Izuna and Ayaka crunch some popcorns as they watch the fight while floating in the air.

Ayaka is sitting on a small rock that is floating beside Izuna.

"Ayaka! I brought you here to get some experience. But why do I feel like you came here to watch a movie?"

Izuna helplessly stares at Ayaka, who is cutely munching on popcorns.

"Ne… Ne… Onii chan! Don't bother yourself over this small stuff. I am learning a lot from this fight."

Ayaka waves her hand and focuses on the battle.

"…"


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters

www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

89