290. Prison Break Part-2
3.2k 2 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Whoosh…

Shisui and Itachi arrive at the prison facility. They notice an unconscious chunnin lying at the entrance of the watch house.

"Wake him up!"

Itachi orders one of his anbu team members.

The anbu member summons a ball of water and wakes up the unconscious chunnin.

"The prisoners are escaping! I have to raise the bridge!" The chunnin anxiously stares at the prison castle.

Slap…

The Anbu slaps him to break him from his stupor.

"Report the situation!"

Itachi calmly asks him.

Ah!

The chunnin quickly summarizes the series of events.

"Hmm… Most of the criminals escaped from the prison." Shisui turns to Itachi.

"We can still catch them if we hurry! I will send a messenger eagle to summon more guards and surround the perimeter. In the meantime, let's recapture those criminals. They haven't goo far yet, we can still catch up!"

Shisui activates his Sharingan and scans the nearby area.

"I can't spot anyone hiding nearby! Let's move out!"

"Alright!"

Itachi nods his head.

He turns towards one of the members of his anbu team.

"Atsu! You are the only medic-nin on the team. Treat the injured personals of the prison."

"Yes, Captain!" Atsu nods his head.

Whoosh…

The group flickers away.

Fifteen minutes later,

Argh…

"Aniki, I can't hold any longer?"

The two legendary stupid brothers are hanging down at the end of the broken bridge. Hot lava is churning below their feet as bubbles of hot gas and lava splashes everywhere.

"Let's get going!"

The white-haired man scales the broken bridge like a ladder.

"Those other prisoners will serve as a distraction for the anbus and the Police Force while we make our escape."

Swoosh…

He launches a kunai tied to a rope towards the nearby cliff and uses it as an anchor to scale the lava pool beneath him. The Stupid brothers follow him.

-------------------

Yawn…

"I am so sleepy!"

Izuna and Mei walk out of their parents' house.

"One thing led to another! In the end, we could only eat dinner at Dad's house!"

Izuna shakes his head.

"And whose fault was that?" Mei rolls her eyes.

"No harm is done! I got to eat my mom's cooking!" Izuna waves his hands.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Multiple members of the Konoha Police Force dashes out in hurry. They have anxious expressions on their face as they rush out of the compound.

Hmm…

"What's going on? They seem to be in a hurry!" Izuna curiously stares at their back.

He recognizes a person in the group.

"Isao!" Izuna yells his name and stops him.

"Izuna!" Isao turns around and notices Izuna.

"What's the matter? Why the sudden rush?"

"Erm… Izuna-san, there is a security breach in the Konoha Strict Correctional Facility. Multiple prisoners have fled from the prison and the situation is quite chaotic there with multiple casualties!"

Isao informs him.

"I see!" Izuna nods in understanding.

"Then, I will be on my way!" Isao turns around and flickers away.

"Breach in Konoha Strict Correctional Facility?!" Mei turns to Izuna.

"Isn't that the most secure prison after Hozuki castle?"

"Yes!" Izuna nods as he explains.

"The Hozuki castle is located on a cliff surrounded by multiple whirlpools and there are multiple death traps around the castle. The isolated island acts as another natural barrier for the prison. Besides this, it also has a formidable warden keeping a watch on the criminals.

Similar to the Hozuki castle, the Konoha Prison is situated at the helm of an active volcano. During the reign of the First Hokage, Lord Hashirama used a powerful earth jutsu to raise a chunk of earth from the volcano to create an island surrounded by lava.

He then used his wood style to construct a Shiro on the triangular island. This prison held multiple vicious criminals of the warring era. With the passage of time and the reduced crime rate, the castle was renamed, and it now houses shinobis who have committed treason or other serious offenses. There is a long bascule bridge that connects the nearby watch house to the prison castle.

The criminals mine sulfur and various other ores under the strict management of the guards."

Izuna summarizes the details of the prison to Mei.

"It's almost impossible to escape from this prison unless someone has outside or inside help!"

Izuna shakes his head.

"Let's return home for now!"

He walks towards his house.

"Aren't you going to help?"

Mei asks him.

"There are multiple other shinobis in the village beside me. They can handle the situation. I won't butt in unless Tsunade asks me."

"Hmm… that makes sense!" Mei follows him.

Chii…

As if right on cue, a messenger eagle hovers in the air.

Chii…

It releases a shrill cry and lands on Izuna's shoulder.

"I jinxed it!" Izuna helplessly shakes his head.

He grabs the scroll from the eagle's leg and reads its content.

"It has been almost three hours since Shizune, Asuma, and Kurenai left for the prison. I haven't received any report from them. Shisui, Itachi, and Team Ro are chasing after the criminals who have fled the prison. I would like you to take a look at the situation!"

Izuna folds the scroll and pockets it.

"Looks like I have to make a move. Shizune, Asuma, and Kurenai are in danger!" He sighs helplessly.

"It's fine! You are going to sleep on the couch either way!"

Mei chuckles.

"…"

-------------

Whoosh…

Izuna reappears inside the prison facility. He teleports to his mark on Shizune's storage bracelet.

"This is…"

A frown appears on his face as he notices multiple injured guards lying around in the castle. Multiple anbu medic-nins are treating their injuries.

The Anbus are surprised to see his sudden arrival but calms down after confirming his identity.

"What's going on?" Izuna questions a nearby medic-nin. He recognizes the latter as a member of the Team Ro.

"Captain Izuna! Chief Shisui and Captain Itachi left with the other members of Team Ro to subdue the criminals who escaped from the prison.

Later, the reinforcement arrived and now we are treating the injured personals."

Hmm…

Izuna nods and turns towards a camp.

He enters the camp and notices Asuma, Kurenai, and Shizune's unconscious bodies.

"These three are the most severely injured out of all other jounins. I provided preliminary treatment to them so their external injuries are fine but they need immediate medical attention!"

Atsu reports their condition to him.

"It's fine, now!"

Izuna walks towards the trio.

'Mystic Palm Technique'

He infuses some Nature energy together with healing chakra to rapidly heal their injuries.

Ten seconds later,

Argh…

Shizune and the rest wake up while clutching their forehead.

'Amazing! Captain Izuna is still amazing as ever!'

Atsu nods his head in praise.

"Multiple A-rank criminals surrounded and ambushed us at the entrance of the castle. They were waiting for us!" Asuma has a wry smile.

"It's alright! Shisui and Itachi are already on their trail."

Izuna waves his hand.

"For now, let's focus on the injured personals."

"I am on it!"

Shizune nods her head and helps the rest of the medic-nins.

Izuna stares at the prison walls and ponders.

'I still refuse to believe anyone among these criminals can escape from the prison. I will look around.'

He walks deeper inside the prison while inspecting every nook and cranny with his Sharingan.

Five minutes later,

"Oh! Interesting!"

Inside one of the prison cells, he notices large amounts of dry blood and snakeskin.

He wipes the dry blood with his finger.

"Hmm… there are multiple drugs in this blood and it looks like as if someone forcefully injected Nature energy into an individual."

He picks up the snakeskin and inspects it.

"This chakra signature!"

A frown appears on his face.

"Damn! That old hag Snake Sage!"

He curses silently.

"I have to pay a visit to her after this fiasco. But at least I know about the culprit!"

Izuna returns to the stationed medical shinobis as he helps with the treatment.

An hour later,

Whoosh… whoosh…

Shisui, Itachi, and multiple members of the Anbu and Konoha Police force return with prisoners in tow.

"Make a tally of the prisoners and report to me!" Shisui instructs Isao and walks towards Izuna.

"How's the situation?" Izuna asks him.

"We captured most of them and killed the rest of them!"

"I see!" Izuna nods his head.

"Chief! There are three people still missing from the prison. The headcount doesn't match!" The Police Officer reports to him.

"The Legendary Stupid Brothers and former academy instructor Mizuki are still on loose."

"What?! The legendary Stupid Brothers! They escaped!"

The expression of one of the prison guards Jounin turns ugly.

Hmm…

"Round up the remaining people and throw the corpses of the dead in the lava!" Izuna orders them.

"Also, if any of these criminals don't behave, then just send them for a swim in lava." Izuna has a stern expression.

Gulp…

The prisoners gulp their saliva and voluntarily return to their cells.

"As for the situation of Mizuki and the Legendary Stupid Brothers. Leave it to Team three!"

Whoosh…

Izuna teleports away from the prison.

Yawn…

'I am so sleepy!'

52