330. Izuna vs Mōryō (Part-1)
1.1k 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:- If you have spare change; then sign up on my pa treon to read up to advance chapters of this series. Also, don't forget to check out my new series, 'The Pride of Favonius'.

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

-------------------------------

A few moments ago,

"I sense very dense negative emotions ahead?" Kurama's grumpy voice rings in Izuna's ears.

"Kurama! It's been a while since I last heard from you. Do you like your new roommate?" Izuna jokes slightly.

"Humph… that guy has been sleeping we you last saw him!" Kurama harrumphs at the sleeping figure of Genyrū.

"By the way, Izuna, why do I have a nagging feeling that I missed something important? My connection with the outside world was cut off for a while." Kurama rubs his chin with his giant claws.

"Did you capture some delicious prey again? I will forgive you this time, but next time I want a bigger share." Kurama glances at him and closes his eyes.

"…"

'Looks like Sin locked him out of my meeting with Sage of Six Paths. Well, it's still too early to meet Sage. For now, I will deal with the issue at the hand.'

"Ok, deal!" Izuna nods and continues to fly towards the Land of Demons.

At the border of the Land of Demons, he notices a group of beaten-up shinobis fighting against a rock demon army cavalry.

'I can sense the large conglomeration of negative chakra up ahead. This must be the place.'

Shiing…

Izuna draws his blade and slashes at the rock demon cavalry.

"Kenjutsu: Severing Slash,"

A giant sword light flashes through the demon army and beheads the remaining rock figures.

"Where is Miko?" Izuna asks a worn-out guard.

"Thanks for your help, Izuna-sama. Miko-sama predicted your arrival. She is currently locked in a battle inside the temple." Hanzo grimaces in pain as he replies.

"Alright! You guys recover your injuries. I will handle the rest."

Whoosh…

Izuna flickers inside the temple.

Whoosh…

A wave of oppressive negative chakra oozes out of the temple.

"There is too much resentment and other negative emotions mixed up in this chakra. I can't allow it to seep out and corrupt another being. This mass of negative emotions would be a huge tonic for Roen. Too bad he is not here with me. I will try to seal as much as possible as a snack for him."

Izuna aims his only hand at the gate of the temple.

Fwish… Fwish…

Izuna shoots a couple of black receivers and makes a hand sign.

"Yin-Yang: Evil Containment Seal,"

A dark purple barrier envelops the entire temple. After completing the barrier, Izuna rushes deeper into the temple.

-------------------

"Now, DIE!"

Mōryō slashes his dark chakra blade at Miroku.

'Looks like I still couldn't change my fate. At least my Shion is safe,' Miroku closes her in resignation.

BOOM…

A dark black spear shoots out of nowhere and attacks Mōryō.

"Nani?"

Mōryō blocks the spear with his chakra blade, but the impact of the spear sends him flying into a nearby cavern wall.

"I am not late, am I?"

Izuna hurriedly dashes towards Miroku and supports her. He uses the 'Mystic Palm Technique' to alleviate her injuries.

"No! you are right on time."

Miroku heaves a sigh of relief and nods at Izuna.

"I will handle the rest."

He places her down and turns towards Mōryō.

"Be careful of his chakra. It will slowly corrode your will." Miroku warns him.

"Ok!"

Izuna summons the Kusanagi blade and points it in Mōryō's direction. The truth-seeking orb returns to his side.

Crack… snap…

Mōryō twists his broken arms and legs and snaps them back into place.

"I smell the foul stench of those parasites. You must be one of their descendants, just like the guy who sealed me a few centuries ago."

"Otsutsuki clan?!" Izuna frowns and stares at the place he struck with the truth-seeking spear.

'No damage! Looks like this demon is immune to the certain kill effect of Six Paths.'

"Time and time again! Either it was those damn parasites or those Astral demons. This time, I won't allow anyone to ruin our plans. You will be my first prey." Mōryō swings his blades and slashes out a dark wave of chakra.

"Negative Release: Annihilation Slash,"

[A/N: - Negative release is just a jutsu of negative chakra. I used this term to separate Dark Release and Darkness Release from it. Another point to clarify is that dark release uses normal chakra. Darkness release is unique to the Sin book, Izuna, and other related beings. The negative release is unique to Roen, Zero-tails, Abyssal Nightmares, or other corrupted creatures. In the future, I will use it as such.]

Hmm…

Izuna feels a sense of threat from the incoming slash, which surprises him.

"This attack has some power of laws mixed within it. It is similar to that floating orb behind you. Don't get casually hit by it." Genryū's warning sounds in Izuna's ears.

Whoosh…

Izuna flickers away from the attack and avoids the attack.

Slash…

The sword swing chops out a portion of the roof and hits the barrier. The corrosive power of the slash sizzles the cavern and smoke rise from the barrier.

"You are awake?!" Izuna asks Genyrū.

"I was awoken by the early energy surge." Genyrū turns towards Mōryō and frowns.

"Abyssal Dread! This world has an Abyssal Dread!"

???

Question marks pop into Izuna's mind as he parry's another attack of Mōryō with the sword of the truth-seeking ball.

"Isn't it an Abyssal Nightmare?" He questions.

"Abyssal Dreads are evolved forms of Abyssal Nightmares. There are different types of Abyssal creatures, ranging from bottom barrel crawlers, and lurkers to mid-tier troops like nightmares, headhunters, and soul-eaters to high-tier troops like dread, devourers, and slayers. There is also a centurion above them, but I don't know much about them." Genyrū shakes his head.

"How do you know so much about them?" Izuna asks curiously.

"The resources of a middle-size world are even tempting to Abyss. Before the arrival of Otsutsuki, we were invaded by Abyss. Their army consisted of two centurions, 4 dreads, 7 devourers, and 3 slayers. However, they pulled back when they faced Otsutsuki. If Otsutsuki likes to parasitize and devour everything and spit out bones, then Abyss just swallows everything without waste." Genyrū calmly explains to Izuna.

"This flood dragon is a dread; you must be careful of his corrosive attacks. Light element is quite effective against it."

"Alright! After this battle, tell me more about the Abyssal creatures and their weaknesses. For now, I have a battle to finish."

Izuna turns his attention to Mōryō who is pissed at Izuna for blocking and dodging his attack.

"Damn rat! Don't you dare dodge my attack," Mōryō spouts profanities to vent his hatred and relentlessly attack Izuna.

He raises his left hand and gathers a large amount of negative chakra in his arm.

"Negative Release: Dread Flames"

Dark violet flames with burning images of skeletons light up in Mōryō's hand.

"Die!"

Mōryō waves his arm in a circle and launches a spiral of flames at Izuna.

Shiing…

Izuna's eyes change to Mangekyo Sharingan.

"Sin,"

He stretches his hand as the sin seal activates. Several totems crawl over his entire arm and fuse in his right eye. A demonic black horn sprouts on the right side of his head. Izuna's voice turns bone-chilling as he spats.

"Darkness Style: Violent Hell Flame,"

Izuna infuses the sword with dark purple flames and swings at the incoming spiral of violet flames.

BOOM…

Both flames collide and extinguish each other.

"That form…"

Mōryō's eyes constrict as he stares at Izuna's demonic form.

"How did you have this power? How did you possess the power of Astral demons?" Mōryō roars and attacks him again.

Clang…

Izuna blocks his swing with his sword and coats his leg with darkness chakra and kicks Mōryō in the gut, sending him flying.

Bleurgh…

Mōryō spats out violet blood and slams into another wall.

"You must die! No matter what." Mōryō issues a decree and launches himself at Izuna.

Izuna puts down the sword and converts it into a gauntlet. He channels light chakra through the gauntlet. He clenches his fist and blocks the incoming punch.

Sizzle… sizzle…

Smoke rises from Izuna's fist as the light chakra incinerates Mōryō's arm and the negative chakra corrodes the gauntlet.

Crunch…

Izuna clutches Mōryō's fist tightly and headbutts him, pounding him on the floor.

"Damn! What a thick skull."

Izuna rubs his sore head.

Roar…

Mōryō roars in anger and riles up his chakra.

Rumble… rumble…

Rubble falls from the roof as the chakra corrodes everything in its surrounding.

Whoosh…

Izuna arrives beside Miroku and shields her with his Susanoo. He stabs a black receiver on the ground to act as a medium for his Susanoo.

Fwoosh…

The chakra storm clears to reveal Mōryō's garbed in an armament. His entire body is covered with black armor made of scales. He holds a long spear in his right hand and a tower shield in his left hand.

"DIE!"

Mōryō charges at Izuna and hurls his spear.

Whoosh…

Time seems to slow down for Izuna as he leans down and avoids the spear.

Bang…

With a backflip, he kicks the spear and sends it back at its wielder.

Bang…

Mōryō parries the spear with his shield and rams into Izuna. Izuna clutches his fist as red lightning flickers through his eyes. A cyan cloak envelops him as he punches the shield.

*BOOM*

12