335. Adversary
994 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:- If you have spare change; then sign up on my pa treon to read up to advance chapters of this series. Also, don't forget to check out my new series, 'The Pride of Favonius'. Also, there is a new early access series called 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' on my pa treon. It will be available to the rest after mid-december.

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

-------------------------------

"Izuna"

"Nii-san!"

Kakashi, Guy, Shisui, and Itachi fly towards Izuna. Izuna turns towards them and smiles.

"This is not a battle you guys can participate in."

A shiver runs through their spine as the giant eye scrutinizes them. Izuna points his hand towards them.

"Almighty push!"

Fwoosh….

Shisui and Itachi's Susanoo are sent flying towards the exit on the barrier.

"Nii-san! You don't have to bear this responsibility on your own." Shisui shouts at him.

"Shisui is right! We can strategize and fight accordingly. All of us can play a part to the best of our abilities." Kakashi suggests to him.

"No!" Izuna shakes his head.

"In front of absolute power, no strategy or scheme stands a chance."

With that, he pushes them out of the Hole and closes the exit of the barrier.

'Also, I don't want any other causality in this battle.'

Izuna recalls the previous encounter with Isshiki.

'In the heat of battle and recklessness, I don't want to lose any of you. Also, I have a high chance to win this battle and survive. Though I can't say anything about the aftermath!'

He clears useless thoughts from his head and turns his attention toward the Saezuri. The Saezuri completes its transformation, leaving behind a peculiar weapon.

Izuna glances at the weapon.

It's dumbbell-shaped with a ribbed spherical head on both sides. The handle of the weapon shines with a metallic luster as it slowly rotates mid-air.

"How is this a spear? It looks like a freaking baton. Should I bash someone with its sharp end?"

Izuna holds the weapon in his hand and curiously inspects it. There are unfamiliar ruins intricately inscribed over the entire body of the weapon.

"So, how do I use this thing?"

Izuna questions himself.

He flips the ancient weapon into his palm.

"Maybe I should infuse some chakra in it, since it seems like a chakra weapon."

Izuna infuses his chakra into the weapon, but there is no change.

"Huh! No reaction?! Then what about nature energy?"

He infuses it with nature energy but there is no change whatsoever. Izuna furrows his brows.

"Could I be wrong about it? Could this thing might not be a weapon, but something else?"

"Try to infuse with light chakra!" Genryū suggests him.

"Alright!"

Izuna infuses the light chakra into the ancient weapon.

Wham… wham…

Ama no Hoko greedily sucks his light chakra. Half of the inscriptions on it light up.

Swoosh…

"It rapidly increases in size and fits in the hand of Susanoo.

Fwoosh… Fwoosh…

A beam of white light shoots out from the ribbed spherical ends. The entire weapon takes the shape of a glowing white thunderbolt.

"This… this is…"

Izuna is shocked by the sudden change of the weapon as it reminds him of an old legend in Indian Mythology in his past life.

"Vajra!"

An ancient powerful weapon of God king Indra, the ruler of the heavens. This mighty weapon was shaped in the form of a lightning bolt representing the divine punishment of heaven. This weapon was forged from the bones of an enlightened sage who readily sacrificed his life by self-immolation, leaving behind his indestructible skeleton.

The god of forgery used the spine of the sage to forge the heavenly weapon of retribution, Vajra. God king Indra used this powerful weapon to battle against the Vedic demon dragon serpent Vritra.

Izuna grips the lightning bolt and glares at the giant eye in the rift.

The full appearance of the centurion demon appears in his vision. The Centurion is a gigantic snake with draconic features. It has a single eye in the center of its forehead. There are four crown-shaped horns on its head.

Haaah…

Izuna takes a deep breath and aims the Ama no Hoko toward the giant serpent.

"Will I be able to repeat the legend of God King Indra and defeat my adversary?"

Swoosh…

The Susanoo launches the spear towards the giant rift in the sky.

Time seems to have slowed down as the spear approaches the barrier separating the shinobi world and the prison dimension.

Kacha… Kacha…

Like the shattering of glass, the thin barrier between dimensions shatters into thousands of pieces. Each broken piece represents a portion of space at those coordinates. A void forms in the place of shattered space.

Fwoosh…

The restrictions of the space instantly disappear, and so does the seal holding down the Centurion demon in its place.

Roar…

The serpent demon roar in anger as it stares at the rapidly approaching Ama no Hoko with fury. It opens its mouth and condenses a large amount of negative chakra into its mouth.

"Meikai no Bakufū," [Netherworld Blast]

He releases a violet beam of energy towards the incoming spear.

*BOOM*

The impact between the two releases a deafening explosion that silences everything inside the crimson barrier.

Crack… crack…

Numerous cracks appear in the surrounding space as the prison dimension slowly starts to fall apart since the core holding it together is extracted.

The collision force of the two attacks utterly demolishes the pocket dimension from within, albeit offsetting the aftermath of the explosion as its cost. It collapses on itself into a singularity and disappears entirely while mending the void left behind.

'This must be one of the contingencies of the creator of this dimension.'

Izuna gravely stares at the collapsed space.

'If I was trapped within this space while it was collapsing, even a single atom won't be left of my body.'

Izuna turns his attention toward the giant serpent.

'But this snake…'

There are several heavy wounds on the serpent's body. Most of its scales have fallen off even revealing bones in some places. A dark violet light covers the wounds as it heals them slowly.

'This snake sure has some tenacity. If not, how could it have survived while being sealed here for eons? However, the injuries caused by the collapse of a chaotic void can't be treated so easily.'

Genryū reminds Izuna.

'Do you feel any brotherhood with this dragon since you are also a dragon?'

Izuna mentally asks Genryū while withdrawing Ama no Hoko to prepare for the next week.

'I have nothing but disgust for such a creature. I am a pure being formed by the virtues of a world, while this serpent is the personification of misery and anguish. There is no comparison at all.'

Genryū shakes his head in disdain.

'If I was in my prime, dealing with this lowly snake would be a piece of cake.'

Genryū raises his head like a prideful swan while looking at the Abyss centurion like roadside trash.

Izuna rolls his eyes at Genryū's remark.

'As if I would believe you.'

The Susanoo holds the Ama no Hoko in front of its chest.

Fwish… Fwish…

Several totem marking spreads across his body. Nine magatamas form a necklace around Susanoo's neck while a cyan cloak made of nature energy shrouds its back.

White lightning crackles through the entire Susanoo as its size slowly increases to match the size of the giant serpent.

The Susanoo in its current state easily overshadows the nearby mountains and hills. Its size is comparable to Hagoromo's Susanoo in his fight against the ten-tails.

Swirl…

The Susanoo twirls the Ama no Hoko in its hand and aims it toward the serpent demon.

-----------------------

Outside the barrier,

Argh…

Shisui and Itachi are sent flying out of the barrier, which completely closes itself after spitting them out.

Both of them dispel their Susanoo and jump on the ground with Kakashi and Might Guy.

"Damn that Izuna!" Kakashi's right eye turns red in anger.

"It's the rebellious phase of his youth!" The guy shakes his head.

"Shut up!"

Kakashi and Shisui shout at him at the same time.

Swoosh… swoosh…

Asuma, Kurenai, and Konoha 12 members flicker towards them.

"What's the situation, Kakashi-sensei?" Sasuke asks Kakashi.

"Where is Izuna Nii-san? I thought I heard his voice when I passed out." Naruto looks around.

Sigh… sigh…

Kakashi helplessly rubs his forehead.

"If you are asking me, then whom should I ask?" He makes a long face.

Fwoosh… Fwoosh…

Minato, Kushina, Tsunade, Jiraiya, Mei, Roen, Ayaka, Hanabi, and Yakumo arrives at the same time.

All of them turn their eyes toward Kakashi with threatening gazes.

Gulp…

Kakashi gulps his saliva.

"KAKASHI HATAKE! Report the situation immediately."

Three threatening voices ring in Kakashi's ears at the same time as Tsunade, Kushina, and Mei glare at him with a piercing gaze.

'Damn you, Izuna! Even if you won't die, after this is over; I will murder you with my own hands.'

20