337. Izuna Vs Abyss Centurion Part-2
1.1k 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N:- If you have spare change; then sign up on my pa treon to read up to advance chapters of this series. Also, don't forget to check out my new series, 'The Pride of Favonius'. Also, there is a new early access series called 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' on my pa treon. It will be available to the rest after mid-december.

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

-------------------------------

BOOM…

Shockwaves travel across the border of the Hole, pushing back the reinforcements camping outside the barrier. Multiple shinobis erect earth walls to face the onslaught of the aftermath of the battle.

BANG…

Tsunade punches the ground and lifts a giant chunk of earth to form a barrier. Mei reinforces the walls with her lava and boil release. Even after so many countermeasures, the shinobis barely survive the shockwaves.

Sigh…

Sakumo Hatake sighs as he shakes his head in dismay. The entire shinobi army of Konoha, Kiri, and Suna has fallen in disarray.

It has been two days since Izuna pushed them out of the barrier. After neutralizing the threat of the rock soldier army, Konoha and its allies formed a barricade around the HOLE.

After the dust from the shockwaves settles down, Tsunade, Mei, and Rasa approach the Intelligence Division.

"How is the situation near the barrier? Can the sensor keep track of it after the explosion?" Tsunade asks Shikaku, who is the head of the intelligence team.

Shikaku turns to Inoichi for the intel regarding the sensory division. Both of them converse for a while before Shikaku turns to the Kages.

"Ahem… Hokage-sama! Regarding the situation of the battle in the Hole, we can't provide a current detailed report since the previous explosion blew up all of our sentries and scouting formations."

"What?!"

Mei's expression turns ugly.

"Then what's the use of sensory division if they can't even report on the battlefield!"

"Ah! Well… Mizukage Sama…"

Shikaku tries to calm her down.

"Shikaku-sama… I have something to report," a sensor sand shinobi barges into the room.

Rasa and Tsunade turn towards him.

Gulp…

The sensor ninja gulps his saliva in fear.

"Let's hear him out!" A silent Rasa speaks up.

"Kazekage sama… One of the sensory shinobi in my team has very powerful eyesight. He can track the movement of any living being from kilometers away. I thought he might be able to help out."

Hmm…

Tsunade, Rasa, and Shikaku turn towards each other and nod.

"Alright! Send him here."

"Yes, Kazekage sama, Hokage-sama, Shikaku sama."

Soon, a pair of father-daughter enters the room of the sensory unit.

The father quickly arrives before Rasa and bows down.

"Kazekage-sama… I am Yoshi and this is my daughter Yome. We have a special visual prowess called Water Droplet Reflection Sight. This allows to track down anyone within a radius of ten kilometers via the reflection of the tiny droplets."

Mm…

Rasa nods his head and turns to Shikaku.

"We might be able to enhance their ability using our sensory formation and I will personally project the image perceived by their brain on a visual projection," Inoichi explains to the group.

"Alright! Then let's do it."

Inoichi signals one of the nearby sensor shinobi. The sensor shinobi brings out a strange helmet-like device with various wire and pipe-like protrusions connected to a central unit.

"This is the core of the Sensory Formation. Both of you wear this helmet and I will be able to project a live feed of the battle." Inoichi asks them.

"Ah…"

The girls shriek and hide behind Yoshi.

"Everything is alright, Yome." Yoshi pats her head and both of them wear a helmet.

Buzz… Crackle… crackle…

With a static noise, a projection of battle appears in the sensory bubble. Minato and the other members of In-Yōalso arrive in the sensory hall to look at the battlefield.

A scene of desolation appears in their vision as the area around the Hole is beyond recognition. There are numerous lava pits in the area. Several bottomless ravines, smoke, and ashes are scattered throughout the battlefield.

"This looks like hell if hell was present in the world," Sakumo states the fact.

Soon, the scenario changes to the center of the Hole. There is a massive crater huge enough to fit several mountain series in it.

Gulp…

"What terrible destruction!" The group gulps their saliva as they recall the condition of the HOLE before they left it.

Hmm…

"What's that?" Kakashi points towards a corner.

"That is…"

Yoshi and Yome turn their vision towards the corner. A giant serpent with several wounds and holes is writhing in pain as purple blood flows out of its body.

Aaah…

Yome screams and passes out as the device connected to her shatters.

"Yome!" Yoshi turns to Yome.

"Quick! Check the condition of the girl." Shikaku commands nearby medic-nins.

Tsunade quickly picks up the girl and inspects her condition.

"She is exhausted from mental stress brought by the sensory barrier. She will be alright after a day's rest." Tsunade assures him.

Yoshi breathes a sigh of relief and grimaces.

"Don't worry, after this battle; your and your daughter's contribution will be rewarded accordingly," Rasa assures him.

"Thank you, Kazekage-sama." Yoshi nods his head in pleasure and turns his attention toward the battlefield.

"What was that giant serpent?" Kushina raises a question.

"It's the enemy Izuna-Nii san is fighting against." Naruto's feeble voice rings in the room.

Hmm…

All the eyes in the room turn to Naruto, who scratches his head in embarrassment.

"What's going on Naruto? How do you know about this?" Minato calmly asks him.

"Umm… it's the Kurama. He told me about that giant snake. Kurama says that it has some sort of mental connection with its other half. But since the distance is too large, it can't maintain a stable connection."

"I see!" The group nods in understanding as they recall the other half of Kurama sealed with Izuna.

"Is that Izuna Nii-san?" Sasuke points towards a dust cloud.

Hmm…

The group focuses their eyes on the sensory bubble. The dust slowly clears out to reveal a severely damaged Susanoo and chakra flames flickering around Izuna.

Whoosh…

The Susanoo disperses to reveal a heavily injured Izuna. There are multiple jarring scarlet cracks on the left side of Izuna's body. Blood leaks out from Izuna's closed left eye. There are numerous scars over his entire body. All of his clothes are tattered and the totem seals around his body are slowly fading away. White lightning crackles around him as he barely supports himself on the ground with the help of Ama no Hoko.

Bleurgh…

Izuna spats out a mouthful of blood and falls to the ground.

"IZUNAAAA!!!"

Mei screams in horror after looking at his current condition. She weakly falls to the ground with tears flowing from her eyes. Kushina and Tsunade hurriedly support her.

"Izuna… why… why…"

She weakly mumbles to herself as tears keep flowing through her eyes.

"Izuna! Nii-san!"

Kakashi, Guy, Shisui, Itachi, Naruto, and Sasuke tightly clench their fists to the point of producing popping sounds. Even Minato and Sakumo are affected by the current state of Izuna.

"Why? Why… why must you bear everything by yourself?" Akira spats out these words.

"Is it because all of us are too weak to shoulder your burden?" He punches the ground, creating a small crater.

"I have failed you as a father!" Tears flow from Akira's eyes. Yagami, who is standing beside him, slowly supports him.

BANG…

The ground near Tsunade explodes in the dust.

"This idiot! This idiot discipline of mine… always… always shouldering everything by himself. I will teach him a lesson after this battle." Tears flow from Tsunade's eyes. Since she knew Izuna's condition better than everyone else. The scarlet scars around his body are a sign of an extremely rare condition.

Previously, before the shinobi war; she inspected Might Duy's charred body after opening Eight gates.

Similar scars were present all over Might Duy's body as a result of opening the Death Gate. However, the scar around Izuna's body is much, much severe.

The atmosphere turns somber as everyone stares at the sensory bubble while praying for Izuna's safety.

------------------------

On the battlefield,

Cough… cough…

Izuna coughs out another mouthful of blood as he slowly sits up using Ama no Hoko as support. He silently stares at his tattered conditions.

'This is the first time I am so close to death in this world.'

He mumbles to himself.

'No, I might really die this time.'

He glances at numerous cracks around his left shoulder.

"I can't even feel anything on the left part of my body."

Cough… cough…

He slowly stands up and stares at the giant serpent, slowly healing itself from the injuries.

'At this rate, it will heal itself in a few years and by then… the shinobi world!'

Izuna clenches his teeth as a sense of powerlessness spreads across him.

'In the end, I was not strong enough!'

Izuna slowly closes his eyes as his consciousness turns blurry.

"Izuna! Izuna! Wake up Izuna!"

A draconic voice rang in Izuna's ears.

'Ah… looks like I am hallucinating!'

Numerous memories of his life slowly fade from his mind as the cracks spread over to his left eye.

"IZUNA! I have a way to kill this Abyss centurion."

Genryū's roar sobers him slightly.

15