339. The Mysterious Visitor
1.4k 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three weeks later after the Demon War,

"Minato, how's the search result?"

An exhausted Tsunade with black circles under her eyes walks out through a teleportation formation into the headquarter of In-Yō.

A similarly exhausted Minato is also sitting on a chair reviewing various reports. He slowly raises his head and shakes his head.

"There is no news!"

He sighs helplessly.

"The space in the vicinity of the HOLE has yet to stabilize. The elite Anbu team Rō returned empty-handed after investigating the surrounding area. Our spies spotted some activity from Kumogakure and Iwagakure shinobis, but that's bound to entail since the scale of the event was too huge to cover up."

Minato passes a report to Tsunade, who carefully reads through it.

"The Light and Shadow squad of In-Yō are also on the move, with no results."

"USELESS!" Tsunade crumples the paper in her hand in anger.

"How am I supposed to answer Mei… how am I supposed to placate Ayaka? That little girl has been sobbing non-stop for three weeks and she refuses to eat anything. I have to knock her unconscious multiple times to inject a nutrition solution into her body." Tsunade clenches her fists.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Kakashi, Guy, Shisui, and Itachi return to In-Yō headquarter with their respective squads and Anbu teams.

"Any news?" Tsunade demands with a piercing gaze.

"We are sorry, Tsunade-sama!" Kakashi and Shisui step forward and kneel.

Sigh…

Jiraiya slowly walks out from the shadows and shakes his head.

"Even with my spy network, I wasn't able to get any information."

Tsunade slumps down on a nearby chair and rubs her forehead.

Suddenly,

Fwoosh… Fwoosh…

Half of the lights in the In-Yōheadquarters flicker out and extinguish. A purple cloaked figure suddenly appears in the middle of the room, alarming everyone in the room.

Whoosh… whoosh…

All the shinobis in the room enter in a combat stance, ready to take down the intruder.

"Relax, I am a part of the group!"

A deep male voice, together with a powerful pressure, bore down on everyone while stopping the advances of Shisui and Itachi, whose blades are almost near the neck of the cloaked figure. The cloaked figure simply lifts his finger to force every shinobi in the room to their knees.

Only Minato, Tsunade, Shisui, Itachi, Kakashi, and Guy resist the pressure to an extent.

"Gravity control!" Minato mumbles as he gets ready to enter his Chakra cloak mode and Sage Mode.

"I am not here to harm anyone!"

The figure puts down his finger, lifting the pressure from everyone.

"I am here to deliver something on behalf of the Leader."

The figure opens his palm as a black spiral vortex form in his hand.

Minato's eyes constrict on seeing this.

'A high-level Space-time manipulation,'

A long dagger with a broken orb, a Kitsune-shaped doll, and lastly a book with seven eyes wrapped in chains float in the figure's hand.

"This is…"

Everyone is puzzled in the room except Minato, who blankly stares at the book in a daze. The cloaked figure passes these three things to Minato and turns around.

"Any message from him?"

Minato unconsciously blurts out.

"The Kitsune will answer all of your questions once it wakes up. As for the book, pass it to Leader's younger sister."

With these words, the purple cloaked figure disappears from the room, restoring it to its previous state.

'I couldn't even sense how he teleported in and out of this space.' Minato takes a deep breath.

'He must be one of those otherworldly figures. But why is he a part of Izuna's organization? Perhaps he is the source of Izuna's intel.'

Without many clues to pursue, Minato concludes.

Tsunade and the rest of the people in the room turn to Minato for answers.

"I don't have any knowledge about this dagger." Minato shakes his head.

"It must be quite important to Izuna to leave it behind." Tsunade remarks.

"I will safely keep it in In-Yō's forbidden armament section." Minato safely stores the dagger.

"As for this Kitsune doll, it is the missing half of the Nine-Tails chakra, also called Yin Kurama. It is currently in a sealed state to avoid anyone from detecting its chakra. As long as it is sealed inside this doll, not even the legendary Rinnegan can sense its presence. I will bring it to Naruto to accelerate its awakening using Yang Kurama's chakra. Perhaps he will answer all of our questions later." Minato places the Kitsune statue on the table.

Lastly, he stares at the Sin Grimoire with a conflicted expression.

"About this book… well, I am not sure what it is or why or when Izuna came into its possession since he never revealed any information about it. I am sure he must have his reasons." Minato shakes his head.

"However, he did tell me that this is a very powerful sealed divine relic. It has a total of seven seals in the shape of eyes and it was the reason Kushina and I survived and revive later. From my observations, this is a sentient weapon similar to Samehada of Seven Mist Blade, albeit of a much higher grade." Minato nudges toward the book.

The Sin Grimoire floats towards Minato and disappears in the surrounding Space only leaving a chain tied around Minato's wrist which also disappears a short while after.

'This relic is temporarily bonded to me; I will later pass it to Ayaka according to Izuna's wishes.' Minato shakes his hand to feel the presence of the Sin Grimoire.

"Expand the area of the search!" Tsunade dismisses everyone with a wave of her hand.

Only Minato, Tsunade, and Jiraiya are left in the room.

"How are the Mei and the newborns?" Minato asks Tsunade.

"Mei is still recovering from the delivery. The elder twin is a boy, Mei named him Tatsuya. The younger twin is a girl. Her name is Kanna." Tsunade smiles slightly.

"Tatsuya inherited his father's look, while Kanna's features are similar to her mother."

"I will pay them a visit later!" Minato smiles warily and turns to Jiraiya.

"Sensei, without Izuna's protection; several sinister forces have set their eyes on Konoha. I will send a detailed report to you later, as I would like to use your spy network to keep track of their activities, especially the Akatsuki and the genin Kabuto."

"Alright! I will personally keep tabs on Akatsuki." Jiraiya assures him.

"Sensei, beware of the prowess of Akatsuki's leader Pain, afterall you taught him," Minato warns him.

"I will! I wasn't a good teacher back then, if only back then I was present for them." Jiraiya clenches his fists and walks out of In-Yō headquarters.

-----------------------

In the sky outside In-Yō headquarters.

The purple-cloaked figure silently observes the actions of all Konoha Shinobis.

"Seems like there won't be any need for me to interfere. For lower beings, these humans have more redeeming qualities than those so-called cold higher beings."

He laughs in sarcasm and stares in the direction of Death Crevice, revealing his purple eyes with kaleidoscopic patterns. Multiple unknown three-dimensional runes flicker through his eyes as he stares deeply at a massive space rift in Death Crevice slowly repairing itself.

The runes in his eyes spin rapidly as time seems to flow backward for him. The moment before, the final blow of Izuna appears in his vision. He stares at the battle as a bystander as Izuna uses the Destiny Arrow to rip apart the space and annihilate the Abyss Centurion.

"This reckless idiot! Does he want to annihilate this world by using such a technique?" The purple cloaked figure recalls his first encounter with Izuna where he was almost sent to the afterlife through a similar move.

At that time, out of anger and humiliation, he even sent a pawn to kill Izuna.

"No! Something isn't right. He has yet to master this power." The runes in his eyes spin rapidly as he takes a closer look. He notices the Ama-No-Hoko in Izuna's hand.

"No wonder he was able to use such power without any backlash. Previously, the Sin Grimoire negated the backlash for him. This time, this sealed Sacred Relic controlled the output." The scene continues to move forward as Izuna falls unconscious after the attack.

His withered body is swallowed by the rift and slowly floats through the void.

Hmm…

Just as Izuna's body is about to be ripped to shreds by Spatial Fractures, a turtle-shaped artifact appears in the void.

'That is Karasuki, one of the sacred relics of the Otsutsuki clan. What's it doing here?' Just as he was about to take action, Karasuki wraps Izuna's body in a protective layer and sends him toward one of the wormholes in the void.

"I can't send you back to your world and timeline since the space-time is very chaotic there. I hope you will survive. With this, I have paid the debt I previously owed you." Karasuki turns around and vanishes in the void.

The cloaked figure stops his actions as Izuna's body is swallowed by the void leaving behind four items: the Dragon Blade, the Kitsune Statue, Ama No Hoko, and the Sin Grimoire.

"I see… so that's how it is!"

The kaleidoscopic pattern in the cloaked figure's eyes spins in anti-clockwise as he inserts his hand into the image. A giant hand appears in the void and grabs the Ama-no-Hoko.

'I already retrieved the previous three items, only this sacred relic escaped my eye.' He stares at the inscriptions on Ama-No-Hoko.

"Too bad… this sacred relic already has an owner. So, I can't use it for my purposes. Still, I am surprised that the fool managed to withdraw around five percent of the power of this relic with his coarse usage."

The purple-cloaked figure stores Ama-No-Hoko in a separate space and disappears from Shinobi World.

-------------------------------

A/N:- If you have spare change; then sign up on my pa treon to read up to advance chapters of this series. Also, don't forget to check out my new series, 'The Pride of Favonius'. Also, there is a new early access series called 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' on my pa treon. It will be available to the rest after mid-december.

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

19