341. Curse Seal Surge Part-2
1.1k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the Reconnaissance spot,

Ayaka and Hanabi meet with Yakumo and Izumi who is current acting jounin of their team.

"Ayaka, Hanabi… are you two alright?" Izumi inquires.

"Some Otogakure shinobis ambushed us while capturing the target, but retreated with superficial injuries." Ayaka throws the unconscious Hanma to the ground.

Hmm…

Izumi inspects him and nods.

"Great job, you two! We will head for the Yugakure and submit our mission. Yakumo and I also have gathered intel requested by the Daimyo of Land of Hot Water."

Izumi takes out a map with various circles marked over it.

"I have spotted most of the hideouts of the bandits and other rogue shinobis, including the shinobis from Otogakure. We shall leave the rest to Yugakure's Harmony squad." Izumi unfurls the map and flickers towards the camp of Yugakure shinobis.

'The secret mission Hokage-sama assigned to me is also complete. We will head back to Konoha after submitting the report to Yugakure. This intel is too crucial.'

Ayaka, Hanabi, and Yakumo quietly follow her.

Izumi glances at the trio from the corner of her eyes.

'It has almost been one and half a year since I mentored this team. These girls used to be so cheerful before, but after that incident two years ago, they barely even smile.' Izumi shakes her head as she recounts the past.

'For some reason, after Izuna went missing; the Uchiha clan; no, the entire village feels like it has lost its soul. Itachi indulged himself in his Anbu missions, striving for any information about Izuna Nii-san's whereabouts. Shisui Nii-san became the commissioner of the Konoha Police Force and is barely present at his house. Sasuke left to train in Ryuchi cave; after the Great Snake Sage personally sent a summon. Naruto left for Mount Myoboku after the Great Toad Sage's prophecy. Mei Nii-san is keeping herself busy with her twins and Mizukage duties, but I can still sense the sorrow in her eyes.'

Izumi raises her head and stares in the direction of Death Crevice.

'Izuna Nii-san… where are you? When will you return home?'

----------------------------

At the border of Yugakure,

A group of shinobi led by a woman quietly observe Team Three's movement through a crystal wall.

"Is she the one who infiltrated the secret hideout?"

The woman turns towards a nearby buck-teethed Otogakure shinobi.

Hmm…

The buck-teethed shinobi narrows his eyes and stares at Izumi's silhouette.

"I wasn't able to spot her face. But from her figure, I am almost sure she was the one who infiltrated our headquarters. If not for the alert from insects, we wouldn't even be aware of it."

A swarm of ants crawled around the back teeth's face.

The woman turns her head away in disgust.

"Should we intercept them?" Another Sound shinobi asks the woman.

"Not for now… they are near Yugakure's border. It might alert Yugakure's shinobis. We can't alarm them of our presence and ruin our plans. We will take action once they leave the Land of Hot Water's borders. There is a small village at the border of the Land of Hot Water and Land of Fire. They will definitely stop there to restock their supplies. That will be our chance."

The woman turns around and leaves. The Sound shinobis quickly follows after her.

Swoosh…

The girls arrive at the border of Yugakure.

Suddenly,

Swish… swish…

Multiple kunais stabbed in the ground in front of Team three. Multiple shinobis in Yugakure's shinobi gear surround them.

"We are allies!"

Izumi unfurls a scroll from her pocket and waves it towards the Yugakure shinobis. The guard captain of the Patrol squad recognizes it.

"Let them in!"

Izumi stores the scroll and follows after a shinobi who guides them.

-------------------

A few hours later,

Team three departs from the Yugakure,

"I didn't expect Izuna Nii-san owns a few shops here." Izumi has a relaxed expression as she recalls her experience in Yugakure.

The Land of Hot Water is famous for its hot springs. After submitting the report, the girls arbitrarily decided to take a dip in the hot springs. They were pleasantly surprised when the Hot Spring owner recognized Ayaka.

He treated them very well and even arranged a VIP hot spring for them. They even enjoyed a spa and massage after the bath.

Later, upon Izumi's inquiry; it was revealed this business is owned by Izuna Nii-san and is managed by one of his subordinates.

Numerous emotions surged through their heat; from ecstasy to depression.

"Alright, Girls cheer up! We will soon return to Konoha and will make it back on time to prepare for Konoha's Annual Sports Festival. You can ask Hokage-sama for anything you want if you managed to get the first position." Izumi tries to cheer them up.

"Izumi Sensei, it's the same as usual since it's held every year." Yakumo shakes her head.

"I can ask Lady Hokage anything without the need for the Annual Sports Festival." Ayaka increases her pace.

"I think so…" Izumi speechlessly stare at Ayaka's back as she was reminded of Ayaka's relationship with Lady Hokage.

'Why are these girls so hard to please?' She sighs and follows them.

Late in the evening, the girls arrive in the KokkyōVillage.

"The village has some interactions with the Konoha shinobis. It will be easy if we directly contact the Village chief. He can arrange a room in an inn for us." Izumi approaches the house of the village chief.

After conversing for a bit and convincing the village chief of her identity, Izumi and the girls' books a room in the village inn to stay for a night.

Ayaka's gaze lingers on the village chief for a moment as she notices a trace of sweat on his forehead.

'Is he afraid of our identity or is he hiding something from us?'

The girls eat the dinner provided by the inn and enter their respective rooms to sleep.

--------------------

Later in the night.

Swoosh… swoosh…

Multiple shadows surround the inn. The shadows communicate with hand signs.

"Kill the girls!"

They quietly enter the inn and lurk outside the girl's respective rooms. The shadows signal each other and take out a metal ball. The metal ball has several spikes jutting out from it.

The metal ball also called the 'murder sphere' is one of the most popular and vicious shinobi weapons. Upon explosion, it releases an Omni-directional barrage of kunais together with numerous senbons, small metal balls, and shrapnel leaving behind a badly mangled corpse riddled with holes. Due to its cruelty, the weapon is forbidden in several shinobi villages.

They shield themselves with metal shields and toss the 'murder sphere' into the room.

BOOM…

A deafening explosion sounds inside the room.

Pew… Pew…

Multiple stray kunais, senbons, metal balls, and shrapnel fly across the room riddling the walls, doors, and windows with walls. Smoke and poisonous gas fill the rooms. The intruders put on gas masks and enter the inn to confirm their kills.

A few meters outside the inn,

Izumi, Ayaka, Hanabi, and Yakumo silently stare at the scene unfolding at the inn.

"They look like Sound Shinobis. Why are they ambushing us? Shouldn't they attack Yugakure if they want revenge?" Hanabi ponders.

Izumi looks at the girls with surprise.

"I can understand if it's Ayaka and Hanabi since both of them possess Dojutsu and keen observation skills to identify the abnormality with the village chief…"

She turns towards Yakumo.

"But Yakumo… you…"

"I can sense negative emotions directed towards me. Earlier, I sensed panic, hesitation, and fear from the village chief. I also sensed a faint killing intent in the Village Chief's house." Yakumo answers Izumi's doubts.

"You girls… you have hidden well!" Izumi sighs helplessly.

"How did Izuna even teach you? He mentored you only for a few months and yet…" She shakes her head, flabbergasted by the girl's prowess.

"All our previous missions were too easy. So, there wasn't any need for us to showcase our abilities." Ayaka turns towards Yakumo and murmurs.

"Do it!"

The pupil in Yakumo's eyes turns black. Purple Demonic chakra flows through Yakumo's fingertips.

Izumi narrows her eyes as she recognizes the familiar chakra signature.

'This chakra is similar to the chakra of the Demon Army two years ago.' Izumi activates her Sharingan and observes the entire process.

'No… there seem to be some distinct elements. Her chakra seems to be a bit more controlled and spiritual type compared to the chaotic and repulsive chakra of demons. Is this her secret? Did Izuna Nii-san know about it?' Several questions flash through her mind.

'Now, it looks like Tsunade-sama was right! I am unable to fully unleash the potential of this group of misfits.' Izumi continues to monitor Yakumo curiously.

Yakumo takes out a chakra paper and quickly swipes her finger over it.

Soon, a painting of the inn and all of its residents appear in a matter of seconds. Dark purple chakra flames appear on Yakumo's fingertips.

Swish… swish…

Yakumo swipes her finger through the painting, setting it on fire. Similar flames engulf the inn in the distance.

"This is…" Izumi's eyes widen in shock.

17