343. Curse Seal Surge Part-4
1k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmph…

Guren deflects some hidden shurikens hidden behind the sword attack.

Swish… swish…

She makes some quick one-hand signs.

"Crystal Release: Crystal Imprisonment wave"

Guren waves her hand and encases all the shurikens and kunais flying towards her in numerous crystal shells.

Swoosh…

Izumi summons a giant Fuma shuriken and infuses it with wind chakra and hurls it towards Izumi.

"Uchiha Shuriken Jutsu: Oboroguruma,"

Izumi uses the signature Shurikenjutsu skill of the Uchiha clan.

Clang…

Guren slices the Fuma shuriken in half with a crystal blade.

"It's time to end this! I can't waste any more of my time."

Guren makes some hand signs and inhales deeply.

Swoosh…

Shiing…

Izumi activates her Sharingan.

"Crystal Release: White Dragon Breath,"

"Second Activation: Seal,"

Izumi slams her palm on the ground.

Fwoosh… Fwoosh… Fwoosh…

The Fuma shuriken and the small shurikens lined around Guren activate a sealing formation. A gigantic fuinjutsu formation appears beneath Guren. The sealing formation activates and traps Guren in it, sealing her chakra.

Argh…

Blood leaks from Guren's mouth as she suffers the backlash of her semi-complete hand signs.

She wipes the blood from the corner of her mouth and glances at Izumi.

"Was this your plan all along?"

Izumi slowly walks toward Guren with a kunai in her hand.

'Since she can use Crystal release, she must have a higher position in the Sound Village. If I capture her, then maybe we can unveil Kabuto's plan.'

Guren clenches her fist and attempts to release her chakra.

Bleurgh…

She spits out another mouthful of blood from the backlash. Izumi approach Guren as five wisps of chakra flames appear on top of her fingertips.

"Five-element seal"

Bang…

She slams her fingers on Guren's abdomen.

Bleurgh…

Guren spits out some saliva and falls to her knees.

"I have sealed your tenketsu points. Now you can't create any problems. From our initial encounter, I had no intention of dragging out a battle against you." Izumi withdraws her fingers as a seal appears on Guren's navel.

Guren raises her head and stares into Izumi's eyes. She grits her teeth.

"Don't even think about it!"

Hmm…

Izumi senses a massive amount of chakra brewing within Guren's body.

'Is she using her curse seal to override the seal? I have yet to see her use her curse seal.'

Izumi jumps back and takes a combat stance.

Haah…

Guren clenches her fists as a burst of chakra erupts from her body.

"Pressure point of Harm and Death,"

Shoom…

Guren's eyes turn white as a burst of chakra from her body. The chakra turns visible to the naked eye. Ripples of chakra spread through the air as a chakra vortex wraps around Guren.

"What's this?"

Izumi's eyes widen as he analyzes Guren's technique.

'I can't see any Nature energy around her. So, she has yet to use her curse seal. But this chakra…'

Izumi focuses her Sharingan on Guren's chakra system. Pink chakra flows through Guren's chakra system.

'She broke through the five-element seal by overloading it with chakra. But where did this excess chakra come from… what type of technique is this?'

Hmm…

Izumi notices a trace of green energy coiled around the tenketsu point near Guren's heart.

"This energy… she is converting her life force into chakra. At this rate, she is shortening her lifespan."

Roar…

Guren roars and destroys the seal on the ground to regain her mobility.

Huff… Huff…

She pants slightly and turns to Izumi.

"Initially, I planned to make your death painless. But now…"

Swish… swish…

Guren makes rapid hand signs.

"Crystal release: White Dragon Breath,"

She spits out a long breath of crystallized air. The ground near the breath crystallizes as it approaches Izumi at an incredible pace.

Whoosh…

Izumi jumps in the air to avoid the crystals.

Swoosh… swoosh…

A barrage of white crystals rains down on her.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Izumi quickly dodges through the rain of crystals and maneuvers towards the nearby forest to avoid the destruction of the village.

'Such a massive amount of chakra can't be retained for much longer. She will eventually exhaust her chakra and fall into a weakened state. Such a powerful jutsu can't exist without any side effects.'

Fwoosh… Fwoosh…

Two floating orbs of pink crystals chase after Izumi as she swiftly flashes through the forest. The crystal orbs rain down a barrage of crystals to hinder Izumi's path.

Shiing…

Izumi activates her chakra vision and notices a stream of thin chakra attached to the floating crystal orbs.

'She can control them remotely with her chakra to track my position.'

Swish…

Izumi throws a wind-coated kunai towards the crystal orbs.

Clang… clang…

The crystal orbs block the kunai with a crystal needle.

'These crystal orbs are semi-autonomous. They can attack, defend as well as track.'

Izumi looks around and confirms her distance from the village.

'This must be far enough!'

She stops in her tracks and turns around. Purple lightning flickers through her eyes.

'Being a half Uchiha, fire release was never my forte.'

Izumi channels lightning chakra through her palms and slams them on the ground.

'Lightning Release: Lightning Flash Quake,'

Bzzt… crackle…

Lightning crackles through her palms and travels in a zig-zag path along the ground.

BOOM…

Multiple pillars of purple lightning shoot out of the ground while pinning a crystalline creature hiding within the ground.

"So, you were using this creature to track my path?"

A crystal lizard jumps out of the ground. The dorsal surface of the lizard is entirely covered in glittering pale blue crystals jutting out haphazardly from its body. The lizard has red crystalline beady eyes and its tail is covered in a dense crystal shape forming a mace-like protrusion.

Clank… clank… clank…

Izumi's jutsu only paralyzes the lizard for a moment.

Tch…

Izumi clicks her tongue as the crystal channels the electricity to the ground, using its tail as a conduit.

Whoosh…

Guren manages to catch up with Izumi. She has a slightly pale face. Guren calms down her breath and stretches her hands.

Blue crystalline curved blades jut from her forearms.

Whoosh… whoosh…

She closes the gap with Izumi and engages in close combat.

Clang… clang…

Izumi deflects the blade with her kunais. After just one attack, the kunais snap in half. The kunais crystalize and shatters in countless dust particles upon falling to the ground.

Hmm…

Izumi notices the microscopic crystalline particles lingering around the blade.

'Her crystal release chakra is capable of altering the molecular composition of any object. Her Kekkei Genkai is closer to Kekkei tota in terms of power. I must avoid those blades at all costs.'

Swoosh…

Izumi draws her chakra blade and infuses it with lightning chakra. She parries Guren's blade and retreats.

Hmm…

Izumi notices traces of crystallization on her chakra blade.

'Earlier, her jutsu instantly crystallized my fire dragon. But now, it only barely crystallized my lightning blade. Is she weakened after the use of forbidden jutsu or is it because my mastery of lightning chakra is much stronger than my fire chakra?'

Izumi analyzes Guren's weakness as she deflects a barrage of crystal needles from the crystal lizard summons.

Swoosh…

She performs a backflip and avoids another rain of crystals from the floating crystal orbs.

'At this rate, I will get overwhelmed by her rapid attacks.'

Swoosh…

Izumi retreats further and draws her blade in front of her chest.

'Lightning Release: Lightning flicker flash'

Swoosh…

Multiple balls of lightning disperse from Izumi's position. The lightning balls turn into shadows of Izumi and flicker across the battlefield.

"Lighting Release: Jolting Discharge,"

Izumi's shadows draw the chakra blade and release a stream of a thunderbolt from its tip. The thunderbolt streams crisscross with each other and bombard the area around Guren.

Swoosh…

Guren raises her left hand and forms a crystal dome to protect herself from the lightning discharge. The crystal lizard channels the electricity to the ground like a lightning rod.

Huh…

Guren narrows her eyes and makes some one-hand sign.

"Crystal Release: Shuriken wild dance"

The air around Guren condenses in multiple spinning crystal shurikens. They revolve around her at a high speed.

Haaah…

With a gesture of her hand, the crystal shuriken slices through the entire area, including the multiple lightning shadows.

"Where is she?" Guren looks around to locate Izumi's real body.

Crack… crack…

The ground cracks open and a shadow jumps out of it.

Whoosh…

17