432. Conquering the Fear
481 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bzzt… Boom…

A gigantic bolt of red lightning strikes Satori out of nowhere. Smoke rises from Satori's body and lightning crawls across its skin. The sudden bolt of lightning stuns Satori in its position.

The sudden strike surprises the rest of the shinobis. All of them slowly turn their attention toward the user of that jutsu.

"Ayaka!"

Sasuke exclaims in surprise as Ayaka's strike lands on Satori's body. Ayaka quickly makes a few more hand signs.

"Fire Style: Pheonix Flower jutsu,"

She launches a volley of explosive fireballs toward Satori.

Swoosh… swoosh…

Satori recovers from the earlier attack and flaps his wings to take flight in the air. It dodges the majority of the fireballs but a few fireballs still land on its body and explodes scorching the fur on its body.

"This is a chance!"

Tenten uses this moment to launch a barrage of explosive kunai tags toward Satori. The explosive kunais tags almost bloat the sky, sealing Satori's escape routes.

"This time for sure!"

Tenten and the rest grit their teeth in anticipation. However, the reality is far more disappointing than their anticipation.

Satori suddenly rotates its body in a tornado and precisely releases a barrage of its explosive feathers to counter the several explosive kunais in mid-air.

Boom… Boom… Boom…

Several explosions ring off in the air, raising a cloud of dust and smoke.

Swish…

Satori flaps its wings and flies above the smoke cloud. It turns its sharp gaze towards Ayaka.

"Strange, I can't sense it; I can't sense your negative emotions."

Ayaka makes a few more hand signs.

"Storm Release: Light Fang,"

Ayaka inhales sharply and infuses a large amount of chakra into her mouth. She opens her mouth and fires a sharp, thin stream of light from her mouth.

Hmm…

Satori's sharp sense alerts him of danger. It swiftly flaps its wings and dodges sideways.

Pew…

The beam of light travels at an exceedingly fast pace and pierces through one of Satori's wings. A fist-sized hole appears in Satori's wings. Dark red blood seeps out of its wings. Satori narrows its eyes.

"Looks like out of everyone present here, this little girl has the greatest chance of defeating me." He remarks and once again flaps his wings to dash toward Ayaka.

"Since that's the case, I will first kill you."

With a sudden burst of speed, Satori appears beside Ayaka.

"We won't let you!"

Gamabunta and Aoda block his path. Gamabunta swings his giant Dosu blade in a diagonal slash.

"Kenjutsu: Frog Slash: Third Art,"

Aoda also inhales a large amount of air. His hood expands to a large proportion.

Fwoosh…

Aoda releases a large amount of green mist from its mouth. The mist rapidly corrodes the ground and envelopes Satori.

"Your poison is ineffective against me."

Satori opens its giant mouth and inhales the entire green poison mist. Green fumes escape from its nostril.

Clang…

He blocks Gamabunta's giant dosu sword with its razor-sharp metallic claws.

Screech…

Sparks rise from the clash as Satori swipes its claws across the blade and stabs its other hand toward Gamabunta's torso.

Gamabunta abandons his blade without any hesitation and falls back. However, Satori uses this opportunity and opens its giant mouth to fire a giant energy sphere toward Gamabunta's back.

Bang…

The energy sphere explodes on Gamabunta and the latter disappears in a poof of smoke. Satori ignores Aoda and flies towards Ayaka, who is recovering her stamina.

"DIE!"

It opens its mouth and spats out the powerful poison mist from earlier. Ayaka's countenance turns pale, and she hurriedly takes out an antidote from her storage and consumes it.

A sharp gleam flash past Ayaka's eye as she counterattacks.

Swish… swish… swish…

"Blaze Release: Smoldering Purgatory Spear,"

Ayaka infuses a large amount of chakra into her hands to produce pitch-black flames infused with darkness. She retracts one of her feet backward and raises the hand with the black flame spear parallel to the ground. She assumes a throwing stance and hurls the spear at the incoming Satori with full force.

Peng…

The spear releases a sonic boom and pushes apart the air in front of it. The next instant, the spear appears in front of Satori.

Whoosh…

Satori blocks the attack with his wings.

BOOM…

A burst of black flames engulfs him and slowly burns his fur to ashes. However, Satori also closes the gap and pierces its claws toward Ayaka's body.

Wham…

A green protective barrier shroud Ayaka as she swiftly retreats.

Whoosh…

Suddenly,

Satori flips its body sideways and narrowly avoids a gigantic purple chakra sword.

BOOM…

A deep ravine forms at the point of impact of the sword.

Swish…

Another purple sword aims for Satori's head from its blind spot.

Fwoosh…

Satori's neck bends at an unnatural angle, and the sword narrowly misses his head. Other than a few strands of Satori's hair, the giant sword cleaves empty air.

"I am not done yet!" Sasuke roars.

His Susanoo releases a giant arrow from another pair of the hand, wielding a giant bow on his back.

"Amaterasu!"

The arrow blazes with black flames and swiftly arrives in front of Satori.

Stab…

It pierces through Satori's left shoulder and envelops him in black flames.

Fwoosh…

Satori flaps his wings and takes off to the sky to gain an advantage. It gazes at the group of shinobis desperately launching attacks at him.

Crack…

Satori grabs the arrow with his other hand and pulls it out of his shoulder. The arrows shatter into countless energy particles and disperse.

The eyes of one of the demonic faces on the box of Ultimate bliss glow with a sinister hue. A beam of red light enters Sasori's body and the wounds on his body regenerate rapidly.

"All that for a drop of blood!"

Satori flaps its wings and contemptuously stares at the group of shinobis. A helpless expression appears on everyone's face as they are unable to even land a hit, much less gain an advantage over the monster.

Whoosh…

Suddenly, with a flash of orange, a gust of wind blows in the punishment hall.

Whoosh…

A lone figure appears in front of an arrogant Satori.

Bang…

The figure clenches his fist and disappears again. The next instant, it appears on top of Satori and punches him.

Bang…

The punch lands on Satori's head and slams him to the ground.

BOOM…

A giant crater appears on the ground. Satori is plastered on the floor of the punishment ground.

"That's… that's…"

"NARUTO!"

The Konoha 12 exclaims in surprise as the figure of orange flash become clear. Currently, Naruto's entire body is cloaked in a golden orange cloak. Wisps of chakra flicker across his body as Naruto turns towards them and smiles.

"Such a large amount of overwhelming chakra!" Neji's eyes widen in shock as he glances at the Nine-tail chakra cloak.

"Guys… help old man Mui and Ryūzetsu with the seal. I will take on this monster." Naruto pumps his fist.

"This guy!" Shikamaru shakes his head and instructs others.

"What happened? All of a sudden, this guy can hit him." The group exclaims in surprise.

"Tranquil heart! I see…"

Sasuke and Ayaka also return beside them as Sasuke remarks.

"It's the Second Transformation of Senjutsu! A form where the user transcends his state of mind and his spirit becomes one with nature." He murmurs.

"Sadly, I am still stuck in the first stage!" Sasuke shakes his head.

"Hinata, Sakura, Ino, help Lord Mui with recovery. Neji and Tenten help them with the sealing formation. Choji, Kiba, Shino, and Lee scout the periphery and seal the exit route of all criminals. As for…"

He turns towards Sasuke and Ayaka.

"I will help Naruto in his battle."

"I will help with the sealing formation." Ayaka remarks.

Shikamaru nods his head in approval and restrains other criminals with the aid of jounins from other villages.

Whoosh…

Naruto flickers and appears in front of Satori. He clenches his fist and focuses most of his chakra on his fists.

"Uzumaki Style: Extinction Fist,"

Satori crosses his arms in front of his chest.

BOOM…

Naruto's punch lands on Satori's chest and a giant explosion of energy occurs at the point of impact. A giant sphere of energy forms at the point of impact. Satori is sent flying as Naruto chases after him with a flurry of fists.

"Uzumaki Barrage,"

Naruto launches a barrage of blows as the flies away from the prison. A series of explosions ring in the air as both of them land on the only mountain on the island.

Satori and Naruto confront each other and Satori burst out in a grin.

"Tell me…" Satori opens his mouth as he utters.

"How does it feel to conquer your emotions, your fear? Tell me about this feeling you are relishing right now." Satori opens his palm and gazes at them.

"No…"

"I didn't let go of my emotions, my fear…" Naruto shakes his head.

"I embraced them."

Naruto clenches his fist and instantly reappears in front of Satori and lands a blow on his body.

10