438. Akatsuki’s Whereabout Part-2
457 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dense forest in the Mountain's graveyard,

Whoosh… whoosh…

Anko and her team swiftly dash through the forest.

"Everyone!" Anko signals to them to stop.

Swoosh…

The group quickly stops and hides their presence in a thicket.

"Kabuto is somewhere around here. I can sense his presence. We have to be careful." She warns the rest of her teammates.

She turns towards Tokuma.

"Tokuma, use your Byakugan at two o'clock!"

"Yes, captain! Byakugan!"

Tokuma Hyuga activates his Byakugan and surveys the area, while Muta sends his insects to observe their surroundings.

"AH…"

Tokuma gasps at the sight of something.

"Tokuma, what's the matter?" Ranka inquires.

"Captain Mitarashi! This is…"

"What's the matter?"

"It's not just Kabuto! He is with a masked member of Akatsuki! The two of them are going through some kind of underground entrance."

"What?" Tokuma's words shock everyone.

"That masked figure… could it be Madara Uchiha?" Ranka and the rest tremble at the sighting of a masked figure.

"It's most probably him!" Sweat trickles down Tokuma's forehead as he confirms their suspicion.

"Does this mean we found their hideout?" Dango speculates.

"Quite possibly!" Anko nods with a grim expression.

"Did Kabuto purposely lure us here to show us Madara's hideout?" Anko contemplates.

"But why? If they have joined forces… then won't it mean Kabuto is betraying Madara?" Muta remarks.

"Hmm… that's what I am confused about. Madara aims to destroy the five great shinobi nations to create a so-called paradise, while other than his vengeance towards Konoha, what other motive could Kabuto possibly have?" Anko shakes her head.

"Captain, what should we do next?" Ranka inquires.

"Hmm… for now we should send a word to the headquarters immediately and continue to observe the movements of our enemies." Anko issues an order.

"Yes, captain!"

Muta takes out a jar from his pocket. There is a pair of small beetles inside the jar.

Muta takes out a small piece of paper and scribbles the location of their position on it. He ties the small paper around the beetle's back and releases it.

"They are already in!"

Tokuma, who is monitoring Kabuto, remarks.

"Let's get closer to get a better look." After some contemplation, Anko decides to take a gamble.

They have yet to figure out the military might of their enemies. It would be a huge intel if they could figure out the number of their enemies. Even though they have sent a message to the headquarter, it might be too late if Akatsuki decides to mobilize their army.

"Yes, Captain!" Ranka and the rest nod and carefully move toward Akatsuki's hideout.

-------------

Inside the Akatsuki's hideout.

Kabuto's eyes narrow as the snake on his back glances in the direction of Anko's group. His lips slightly pucker up, but he maintains a nonchalant expression on his back and follows Tobi.

After walking and for some distance inside the hideout, Tobi stops and turns around.

"So, how much do you know about Akatsuki's plan?"

"The 'Eye of the Moon Plan' and the Revival of the Ten-tails." Kabuto's lips widen in a smile as answers Tobi's question.

Tobi frowns at Kabuto's answer.

"You seem to be very well informed. I know Orochimaru was secretly checking around, but…"

"Kuku… I have my methods."

"Hmm… very well. Before I expose the military strength of Akatsuki, I would like to see what you have to offer." Tobi's eyes narrow.

"Of course! I will fulfill the part of my promise."

Swish… swish…

Kabuto makes a series of hand signs and claps his hands.

Clang… clang…

One after another, a series of coffin rises from the ground and forms a massive graveyard in the hideout.

"Currently, I can control a total of five hundred elite Edo-Tensei and around fifty Kage-level shinobis. Not only that…"

Whoosh…

A figure silently appears beside Kabuto and coldly glances at Tobi, sending chills down his spine.

"Then there is also the most powerful shinobi of this era? So, what do you think about it?" Kabuto reveals all of his cards.

"Hmm… I can see your sincerity. Very well, I will reveal my army to you." Tobi nods without any hint of emotion.

However, he is very shocked inside.

'This Kabuto… I didn't expect he will grow dangerous to such a degree. Even without my help, he can easily level Konoha if he wants to. What could be his motive in this war?' He speculates.

Tobi leads Kabuto to an underground cavern. Kabuto curiously looks around and marvels at the sight of the cavern.

"If I am not wrong, the key to your military power must be Zetsu here, right?" Kabuto glances towards a wall.

"You know about me!" Zetsu crawls out of the wall.

"Hehe… I have done my fair share of research."

"Just how much do you know?" The Black Zetsu inquires.

"Enough to know a few secrets, I guess!" Kabuto grins toward Black Zetsu.

'Tobi, we have to be wary of him. We can't let him disrupt our plans.' Black Zetsu sends a telepathic warning message to Tobi.

Tobi calmly walks forward and replies.

'I know! Once we put the 'Eye of the Moon Plan' in action. He won't be able to do anything.'

"With the data, I have gathered so far and my knowledge, I can maximize Zetsu's strength. However, I have a condition."

"What condition?"

"I want to capture Izuna Uchiha's family members, especially his little sister." Kabuto glances towards the silent figure present beside him.

"Very well, I agree with your condition, but how will you strengthen Zetsu's combat prowess?" After some pondering, Tobi agrees with Kabuto's condition.

"It's the Hashirama cells!" Kabuto raises his finger.

"All three of us here have Hashirama cells implanted in our body to enhance their strength. I have injected a portion of modified Hashirama cells into my body to enhance my abilities to their peak. Half of your body is also made of Hashirama's cells."

He turns towards Tobi.

"And as for Zetsu, almost the entirety of his body is made up of Hashirama cells."

"Hmm… so?!"

"The modified Hashirama cells in my body are significantly stronger than the normal. The strengthening effect is far superior to normal Hashirama cells. If my estimation is correct, then the combat prowess of Zetsu will rise from chunnin to that of a jounin. However, that's just my speculation. It could be less; it could be more." Kabuto reveals a smile.

Tobi's and Zetsu's gaze trembles at Kabuto's words.

"Follow me!" Tobi remarks, signifying his silent agreement.

The trio walks deeper into the cavern and appears in front of a giant wooden gate.

Swish… swish… swish…

Tobi makes a series of hand signs and slams his palm on the door.

Rumble… rumble…

The giant door trembles and opens slightly to reveal a giant hall.

Kabuto walks into the hall. A giant, earthen-colored humanoid entity with a mummified appearance draws his attention. Numerous spiky protrusions jut out from the giant statue's back and there are a total of nine eyes on top of the statue's head. Currently, all the nine-eyes are closed.

"So, this is the Gedo statue, huh? The husk of the ten-tails!" Kabuto remarks as he curiously glances at the giant statue.

Tobi and Zetsu's expression flickers for a second but soon return to normal.

The Gedo statue is located on top of a giant dried flower bud with multiple pedicels.

"It's down here!"

Tobi walks downstairs, and Kabuto follows after him. The trio descends a series of stairs and reaches the giant lake located at the very base of the mountain.

"This is…"

Kabuto's eyes slightly widen as he gazes at a figure jutting out from the base of the giant tree.

"Yes, he's alive." Tobi nods at him and walks onto the top of the giant lake. Kabuto mimics his action.

"That's Hashirama Senju, the First Hokage. Well, he was merely cultivated from the living cells harvested from Senju during that battle. So, he is like a clone of the first Hokage. Though he doesn't have a conscious."

"Oh!" Kabuto curiously stares at Hashirama's figure.

"What you're interested in is down below." Tobi calmly states.

"Huh!" Kabuto is shocked and immediately lowers his head to gaze at the bottom of the lake.

"This is amazing. Since when?" Kabuto stares at an army of Zetsu numbering in thousands.

"This war is risky for us. I have to use a considerable amount of chakra from the tailed beast inside the Gedo statue to cultivate this army of Zetsu. I want to preserve this as much as possible. If, due to this, the revival of ten-tails is delayed, then it means our plans are delayed as well."

"Mm… how many are here?" Kabuto nods and asks Tobi.

"Around a hundred thousand!" He replies to Kabuto.

"So, can you do it? Strengthening all of them!"

Hmm…

Kabuto ponders for a while.

"Strengthening such a number without overtaxing the Gedo statue might be a bit difficult. However, I can at least strengthen half of them. Though it will take me around ten days to do so. Also, this should be sufficient time for the tailed beasts to recover their chakra."

"Very well! Do it!" Tobi gives his approval.

Kuku…

"Now, I can't wait to surprise the Five Great Shinobi Nations. Kuku…"

A peal of laughter echoes in the depth of the mountain.

-------------------------

A/N:- My new Naruto fan-fic, 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' is out.

Also, check out my pat reon www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife to support my work and get a sneak peak at the latest chapters of both series in advance. Read upto 80+ chapters from both series combined in advance.

10