440. Kabuto’s Plan
457 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tokuma, what's happening inside? What's Madara and Kabuto doing right now?" Anko asks him.

"They… they're on the move!"

Tokuma notices the large numbers of Zetsu entering the ground.

"They are traveling underground. Akatsuki has mobilized their army." Tokuma relays the situation to Anko and the rest.

"That's bad news." Anko's expression turns grim.

"What about Kabuto? What's he doing?" Ranka remarks.

"Kabuto… he… he is summoning the Edo Tensei of the former members of the Akatsuki and seems to be dividing them into troops," Tokuma replies to him.

"Let's retreat!" Anko unhesitantly makes the decision.

"Join up with the main force and inform them of this! I will remain here and continue to monitor their movements." Anko issues an order to her team.

"But Captain, it's too dangerous for you to stay here alone," Ranka questions her decision.

"Shut up and go! I am aware of the risks involved. But if we don't get the word to them, our comrades will be in greater danger!"

"But… but captain…"

"Hurry up and leave!" Anko pushes them away.

The rest of her team notices her resolve and reluctantly agrees to her request.

Whoosh… whoosh…

The group quickly flickers away from the hideout.

Inside the Akatsuki headquarter,

Hmm…

Kabuto raises his head and glances in the direction of Anko and her group. Even Tobi senses their presence outside the headquarter.

Previously, it was quite difficult for them to sense someone due to the large number of life signals from the Zetsu army. But now, with the Zetsu army gone, Anko and her group's presence is revealed to them.

"Looks like some rats managed to sneak past us." Tobi's eyes narrow.

"Let me get rid of them. You can join the Zetsu army with the jinchurukis and the rest of the Akatsuki members. Deidra can follow me." Kabuto turns to Deidra.

"Huh! Why do I have to follow a wimp like you?" Deidra's expression turns sour.

"Because I want you to." Kabuto ignores him and walks towards the exit.

Swish…

Deidra makes a Ram hand seal to blow Kabuto away, but his body loses control of itself.

"I… I can't move!" Deidra speaks with clenched teeth as his body follows Kabuto's instructions.

"I will deal with that woman! While you can capture those shinobi with your flying sparrow mount. Also, don't kill them. They are a precious resource for the Edo-Tensei." Kabuto sends Deidra to capture Anko's team.

"Let me join him!" Sasori proposes.

"I can control them and plant booby traps in their bodies. This will be a nice surprise gift for the army of the shinobi nation."

"Hmm… alright!" Kabuto agrees to Sasori's request.

"Very well! You can make your move to capture the Jinchuriki of the Eight-tails and Nine-tails while I will mobilize the army to initiate the war." Tobi nods at him and teleports away with Kamui.

Muta, Tokuma, Ranka, and Dango swiftly dash through the forest.

"Forgive us, Captain Anko! Please stay alive!"

Ranka glances back in Anko's direction. Their group swiftly exits the Mountain Graveyard and reaches the border of Land of Rice Paddies.

Suddenly,

BOOM… BOOM…

A large amount of white clay constructs rain down from the sky and explodes the ground in front of them.

"Shimatta!"

Muta bites his tongue and stops.

"They noticed us!"

The group stops and confronts Sasori and Deidra.

"Muhaha… this feeling! This is art!" Deidra laughs hysterically and sends another round of explosive clay constructs toward the group.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Ranka and the rest swiftly disperse and glances at Deidra and Sasori.

"That's Deidra and Sasori, the former members of the Akatsuki." Muta recognizes the duo.

------------

Back at the Akatsuki hideout,

Thump…

"This sensation!" Anko's heart skips a beat.

"It's Orochimaru… No…"

Whoosh…

Anko swiftly rolls out of the bush she is hiding and narrowly dodges a barrage of kunais.

"Multiple Striking Shadow Snakes!"

She waves her sleeve and releases a group of snakes from them. Kabuto also copies her action.

Hiss…

The snakes collide with each other and disperse.

"Just because you were a former student of Lord Orochimaru doesn't mean you are like Lord Orochimaru, Anko Mitarashi!" Kabuto licks his lips and stares at Anko.

"I never wanted to be like that man. However, I could say the same to you. Just because you have replicated a few traits of Orochimaru doesn't mean you can replace him."

Anko avoids Kabuto's kick and responds with her own.

Bang…

Kabuto sidesteps her kick and counterattacks with a punch.

"You are right! I am not Lord Orochimaru. However, I have long surpassed him. Now, I will achieve what he failed to do ?"

Anko parries his punch with her arm and aims her knee toward Kabuto's chest.

"Taijutsu from a bookworm will not work on me!"

Heh…

Kabuto smirks and suddenly his speed increases by a few notches.

Bang…

Kabuto rams a punch into Anko's stomach.

Guffaw…

Anko spews out a mouthful of blood and stares at Kabuto in disbelief.

"When I said I have surpassed Lord Orochimaru, I meant in both knowledge and power."

"I…"

Anko loses consciousness from Kabuto's punch. The snake on Kabuto's back wraps around Anko and lifts her. Kabuto carries her to the Akatsuki hideout.

"Anko Mitarashi, your body still has traces of Lord Orochimaru's cells. Once I absorb them, I can recollect the memories related to those cells."

A few minutes later,

Sasori and Deidra carry the unconscious bodies of Anko's group to the Akatsuki headquarters.

Kabuto glances at them and turns to Sasori.

"Mind control the Aburame and Hyuga clan members as suicidal puppets. As for these two…"

Kabuto takes out a summoning scroll from his robe. He takes out a vial of blood from his pocket and recalls his earlier conversation with Tobi.

----Flashback-no-jutsu------

"Kabuto, can you revive Kisame with your Edo-Tensei?"

"Of course, as long as a piece of flesh or blood, I can revive anyone as long their soul exists in the pure land. However, if someone's soul is sealed away somewhere else or there are some sort of restrictions on someone's soul, I can't resurrect them."

"Then what about the first three Kages, Danzo, and Mito Uzumaki? I am sure you have enough materials to resurrect them?" Tobi questions him.

"The souls of the Second and the Third Hokage are sealed within the belly of the Demon Seal Shinigami. As for First Hokage and Mito Uzumaki, there seems to be some sort of powerful restriction placed on their soul. And lastly, for Danzo… I can't find any traces of his soul. Most likely, his soul doesn't exist anymore." Kabuto shakes his head.

"Looks like all of this was planned by Izuna Uchiha." He adds.

"That man and his schemes!" Tobi clicks his tongue.

"Our chances of winning this war would increase by another thirty percent if we had First Hokage and Mito Uzumaki on our side. That's unfortunate."

Kabuto shrugs his shoulder.

"If it's like this, then take this." Tobi passes a vial to Kabuto.

"This is…" Kabuto accepts the vial and raises an eyebrow.

"This is Kisame's blood. I collected it before I sent him on a mission to infiltrate the ranks of the Shinobi alliance."

"That's cold! You aren't keen on mercy, are you?" Kabuto accepts the blood vial without any hesitation.

---------------------------

Kabuto splashes the blood from the vial on the summoning seal on the scroll and makes a series of hand signs. He walks in front of Dango and completes the hand signs.

Shoom…

A gigantic summoning circle appears beneath Dango's unconscious body. Chunks of earthen ash rise from the ground and wrap around Dango.

AARGH… AAAH…

Dango screams in pain as the earthen ash seeps into his body and transforms his appearance. Dango's pupils turn white and blood seeps out from his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth as Kisame's soul takes over his body. Dango's face changes to that of Kisame.

Guffaw…

Kisame opens his eyes and breathes out.

"What… what's going on? Where am I?" Kisame looks around in confusion.

"Welcome back to the world of the living, Kisame Hoshigaki!" Kabuto smiles at him.

"You are… Kabuto!" Kisame's eyes narrow.

"So, that means…"

"Yes, you are dead!"

"I see."

"You don't look surprised." Kabuto raises an eyebrow.

"I was aware of my imminent death even before I took the infiltration mission. So, there is nothing to be surprised about. As a shinobi, it's normal to die in battle." Kisame accepts his death.

"Very well!"

"So, what mission do you have for me?" Kisame asks him.

"Hmm… initially I would like to give you a chance to complete your previous failed mission, but now I have changed your mind. You can join the battlefield with the rest of the Akatsuki members. Just mark the location of the Eight-tails and Nine-tails."

"Alright!" Kisame marks the former location of Genbu island on a map and exits the Akatsuki headquarters.

Kuku…

Kabuto's lips pucker up.

'Obito Uchiha and Black Zetsu, do you guys really think I don't know about your plan? I want you to succeed in your plan because only then will I get an opportunity to study a…"

Kabuto whispers slightly and fades away into darkness.

-------------------------

A/N:- My new Naruto fan-fic, 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' is out.

Also, check out my pat reon www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife to support my work and get a sneak peak at the latest chapters of both series in advance. Read upto 80+ chapters from both series combined in advance.

9