441. Hidden Zetsu Spy Network
455 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the Shinobi Alliance Headquarters,

Coo…

A pigeon flies through the airspace of the headquarter. An invisible barrier blocks its movements.

"That's…"

The members of the barrier corps notice the presence of the pigeon.

"It's the messenger bird from the Infiltration and Reconnaissance Party." One of the members of the recon party recognizes the bird.

"It must be new intel! Retrieve it!"

A few minutes later, in the meeting hall.

The Kages and the leaders of each division gather around a round table as they discuss the new intel.

"The X-marks the location of the enemy hideout. It's known as the Mountain Graveyard."

Inoichi displays a projection of the map at the center of the table. The location of the Shinobi alliance headquarters and the Akatsuki headquarter are marked on the map.

"If we go by land, we'll pass through the Hidden Steam Village, the Hidden Frost Village, and the Land of Rice paddies before we reach the Akatsuki's base."

Inoichi marks a path on the map.

"Advice nations that possess the Hidden Steam Village, and the Hidden Frost Village to evacuate their civilians. Also, inform the Daimyo of the Land of Rice paddies to do the same." Gaara remarks.

"Noted!" Inoichi acknowledges his command and sends one of his subordinates to relay the order before he continues.

"According to the report by the Infiltration and Reconnaissance Unit, the enemy is roughly a hundred thousand strong. Their individual prowess is further enhanced by Kabuto's drug."

"That's bad news! With our eighty-thousand-strong army, it will be a hard-fought battle." Onoki grimaces.

"We have an advantage in terms of elites." A interrupts him.

"But the enemy has five hundred immortal soldiers who don't need to eat and sleep." Onoki rebuts him.

"Hmm… I have already made arrangements for the Edo-Tensei group." Minato assures them.

Mm…

The rest of Kage nods, and the meeting continues.

"Considering the mobilizing of such a regiment of that size, it's most likely that a portion of them will travel through the sea to ambush our rear." Mifune marks a route on the map.

"If it's some other army, then that would most likely be the case. But the Zetsu army is a bit special." Minato shakes his head.

"How so?!" The rest of the members frown.

"The intel unit of Konoha has thoroughly analyzed every member of the Akatsuki. We have detailed knowledge of all of their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses." Minato remarks with a smile.

'Well, it's part of the contingency plan prepared by Izuna. From the looks of it, he probably knew such a situation will occur.'

"Oh!" Onoki raises an eyebrow.

"Zetsu is the weakest member of Akatsuki in terms of combat strength. However, Zetsu has multiple unusual abilities, which might be quite difficult to handle."

Minato places a scroll on the table and reveals the intel on Akatsuki. One by one, every member of the war council reads the intel in the scroll.

"This is…"

Their gaze stiffens as they read through the scroll.

"That's so terrifying! We would surely suffer an immense loss if we didn't know about it beforehand." The Kage sucks a deep breath of air.

"This weak Zetsu is the most terrifying member of Akatsuki. Not only he can hide his presence from Sensors, but he can also travel underground and ambush our back lines. But the most terrifying part is that he can shapeshift into allies and infiltrate our camp, and there is no way to identify him from the enemy unless someone spots him in the open." Onoki's hands tremble as he reads the intel.

Minato retrieves the scroll and gazes at everyone.

"I am sure this intel must have been an eye-opener for you all." A faint smile appears on Minato's face.

"Lord Minato, if what this scroll says is true; then our allies. They…"

Rasa's hands tremble as he passes the scroll to Minato.

"Yes, you are right! Zetsu has already infiltrated the ranks of every shinobi nation except for Konoha and Kiri." Minato drops a bombshell of news on them.

"What?" The Kages from the three nations immediately stand up from their seat.

Onoki is the first person to regain his cool.

"Only three nations. Does that mean Konoha and Kiri don't have any hidden Zetsu among their ranks?"

Tsunade turns towards him and smiles.

"Yes, you are right! Konoha and Kiri have already purged spies from all factions."

"Izuna purged the spies in Kiri during the civil war," Mei remarks.

"We cleaned the spies in Konoha up after the events of the Chunnin exam." Tsunade glances in Rasa's direction.

"Not only that but this intel on Akatsuki members was also gathered by Izuna," Minato adds.

"Why do you think Akatsuki didn't make a move despite all their preparations?" Tsunade questions them.

"It was because Izuna was restricting their movements. He would foil Akatsuki's every ploy before it could take shape. Only after Akatsuki made sure that Izuna wasn't there to disrupt them did they make their move." Mei answers her question.

Suddenly, A and Onoki recall their previous action of almost waging a war against Konoha.

'If we did wage a war, then the only one to suffer losses would be us. Konoha's intelligence-gathering abilities are truly terrifying, especially that Izuna Uchiha.'

A and Onoki glance at each other and nod.

"So, if you are revealing this fact to us now, does that mean?"

"Yes, we have a method to sense the Zetsu spies from the rest of the shinobis and currently there is no Zetsu spy in this room. However, there are a few spies among important management positions in the army." Minato replies to them.

Minato passes a list to them.

"This is the list of spies among our rank. Don't worry, I have carefully assigned unimportant jobs to them. They won't have access to any crucial intelligence. I didn't inform you earlier because your actions might alert them. But now, we can feed misinformation to these spies and gain an advantage in war." Minato reveals his strategy to them.

"I see! Very well!" Onoki nods in understanding.

'I didn't expect Minato to be such a scheming character!' He adds in his mind.

"Then it all comes down to who will make the first move!" Mifune remarks.

"Convene the Ambush unit immediately!" A issues an order to Samui.

"Have the main regiment reform their formation!" Sakumo also issues an order to one of the captains.

"Yes, sir!" Samui and the captain reply in unison and swiftly departs.

Tsunade turns to Shizune.

"Make sure the medical unit is well supplied with medical ninja tools and medicinal pills."

"Yes, Lady Tsunade!" Shizune issues order to her subordinates.

"Shikaku and Inoichi, help the intelligence and logistic unit recheck their chain of command."

"Roger!"

"Chojuro, contact Ao and the sensory unit and have them hurry!" Mei turns to Chojuro.

"Y-yes, ma'am."

The group quickly mobilizes their subordinates according to the new intel.

"On the matter of alliance, here…"

Gaara passes headbands to every Kage.

"These are…"

Tsunade curiously picks up the headband. A kanji for 'Shinobi' is engraved on the headband.

"Headbands for the Allied shinobi force, eh?"

"Nice work!" The group praises the headband.

"Of course, I came up with the design. Former enemies who once battled each other are now one shinobi force!" Mifune proudly nods at them.

"Furthermore, the shinobi and samurais have joined forces to war against a greater evil. The time for war is imminent."

"You are right! Let's pummel some sense into those Akatsuki bastards!" A clenches his fists.

Suddenly,

HONNNKKK….

Horn blares in the alliance headquarters to alert the group of enemy presence.

"Quick, stop them!"

Whoosh… whoosh…

One after another, multiple shinobis of the combat division exit the alliance headquarters and barricade it.

"What's the matter? What's will all this commotion? Did enemies already attack our headquarters?" Onoki frowns and glances outside the window.

"Let me check it!"

Minato makes a series of hand signs to activate the projection of the CPS system in the room. Two red beacons appear on the map.

-------------------------

A/N:- My new Naruto fan-fic, 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' is out.

Also, check out my pat reon www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife to support my work and get a sneak peak at the latest chapters of both series in advance. Read upto 80+ chapters from both series combined in advance.

8