446. Extermination Scale
489 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now then… it's time I complete my task."

Kakuzu cracks his neck and shoulders and turns to Sasuke.

"I don't like being controlled by others, especially if there is no money in it. But I will do Akatsuki a favor this time since I was a former member of it."

HAAH…

Kakuzu claps his hands.

"Also, I wanted to try this jutsu out. It would be impossible for me to try it out when I was still alive since the sheer force of chakra in this jutsu will explode every cell in my body. However, as I am already dead now, it doesn't matter anymore."

SHOOM…

A large amount of chakra gathers in front of various masks around Kakuzu's face. The sheer density of the chakra distorts the surrounding space. It creates a chaotic surge of chakra that runs rampant.

Back at the Akatsuki headquarter,

"Huh?!"

Kabuto turns his attention to one of the shogi pieces on the ground.

"What's going on?"

The white shogi piece turns black. Kabuto picks up the Shogi piece.

"That's Kakuzu's piece. What's he doing? Why do I have lost control over him? Hmm…"

Kabuto makes a series of hand signs and picks up another Shogi piece representing Hidan. He controls Hidan's body and shares his senses with Hidan to observe the battlefield.

On the battlefield, the pupil in Hidan's eye suddenly turns white before returning to normal. Kabuto observes the battle between Sasuke and Kakuzu.

"That's… that's Sasuke Uchiha. One of the prodigies of the Uchiha clan and a student of the Izuna Uchiha. Hmm…"

He notices the slightly different Mangekyo pattern in Sasuke's eyes.

"His Mangekyo Sharingan looks different from usual. Is it the legendary Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan?"

Kabuto observes Sasuke with curiosity.

Sasuke sense the danger from Kakuzu's jutsu.

'I can't avoid this attack.' He grimaces.

Sasuke claps his hands and transforms his Susanoo to its next form.

"Since that's the case, then I might as well as go out…"

An exoskeleton armor covers his humanoid Susanoo. It transforms into Complete Body Susanoo with a tengu head and a pair of wings on its back. Heavy purple armor covers Sasuke's Susanoo.

Kakuzu also completes his preparation as four compressed chakra orbs of water, fire, earth, and wind appear in front of the various masks.

Rumble… rumble…

The ground around Kakuzu trembles as he attempts to fuse the four chakra orbs into one.

"Heaven Grudge Fear: Quadruple Fusion,"

Multiple cracks appear on the grudge masks as the four chakra orbs slowly move toward each other.

SHOOM…

The ground beneath him caves in as a result of the sheer weight of those orbs.

BZZT…

The chakra orb repels each other and refuses to fuse into one. Kabuto's eyes widen in shock as he figures out Kakuzu's intention.

"He is forcefully fusing four different elements to create a jutsu beyond the Kekkai Tota. The dust release of the second Tsuchikage and Third Tsuchikage is the pinnacle of elemental manipulation that a human can achieve. The destructive potential and the difficulty of mastery of dust release are well-known to the shinobi world. It's part of the reason why the third Tsuchikage is so stubborn about his position as the Tsuchikage. No person among his students has learned the secrets of the dust release. But now…"

Kabuto stares at Kakuzu with an incredulous gaze.

'Perhaps only that person has surpassed the boundaries of humans and touched the heights of GOD.' A frantic expression appears on Kabuto's face as he remembers Izuna's final battle against the Abyss demon.

The repulsion force from the four orbs slowly erodes Kakuzu's Edo body and even the regeneration of Edo Tensei is unable to keep up with it.

CRACK… CRACK… CRACK…

One by one, the three fear masks around Kakuzu's face shatter.

HAAAAHH…

Kakuzu clasps his hand and yells as his body slowly starts to disintegrate from the repulsive force of the four elemental orbs.

Finally, when almost half of his body has disintegrated, the four orbs fuse into one.

"Obliterate!"

Kakuzu fires the orb in Sasuke's direction with the last vestiges of his will. His Edo body disintegrates into countless light fragments.

"He succeeded!"

Kabuto's eyes narrow and turn into slits as he stares at the rapidly approaching orb of destruction.

Kabuto activates an incomplete version of Sage's eyes to analyze the jutsu.

"Hmm… I can still some traces of four elements in the jutsu. Those orbs merged partially, but so it's more like a pseudo-fusion. However, its power is much, much higher than Tsuchikage's dust release."

Kabuto recalls his recent battle with the Third Tsuchikage. Although he didn't manage to complete his objective of capturing the Jinchuriki of eight and nine-tails. He did manage to snag a spoil of the war.

Kabuto glances at an unconscious Yamato by his side. Kabuto's white snake is constantly injecting venom into Yamato's body to prevent his recovery. This venom is one of his creations from the study of the Hashirama cells. It effectively suppresses the recovery of the Hashirama cells.

"He is like a living clone of the First Hokage Hashirama Senju, with independent thoughts. I can control him and fuse him with a Zetsu to create a pseudo-body of Hashirama Senju. Though not good as the original, this will still be a considerable battle force."

Kabuto shakes his head and produces a serum from his pocket.

"This serum is extracted from the blood of one of the test subjects of Lord Orochimaru; Chinoike clan was it! Even though that fellow survived the procedure of the Heaven Curse Seal, he lost his sanity in the process and mutated. However, this mutation came with a benefit of its own. The mutation drastically improved the prowess of his bloodline to induce genjutsu. I extracted this serum from his blood to create a potent genjutsu-inducing drug."

Kabuto injects the drug into Yamato's blood vessels.

ARGH…

Yamato's expression turns hideous as Kabuto releases him from his suppression.

"Now then…"

Kabuto clasps his hand, and a shell of Zetsu's hollow body envelops Yamato.

Shoom…

A new brand of curse marks appears on Yamato's body as Kabuto controls his movement.

"Hmm… the performance of this improved Heaven Earth Seal is not too shabby. According to Lord Orochimaru's records, the Heaven and Earth Seals are incomplete. Only the perfect combination of both heaven and earth seals can be considered complete. I did manage to fuse both seals, but the merge rate is very low at five percent fusion."

Kabuto sighs and makes a few more hand signs to complete the seal.

"Even though it's not complete, this should be enough to overwrite his will for a few days. And the drug will further suppress his free will."

Kabuto waves his hand and dispatches the Zetsu Yamato on the battlefield.

Back on the battlefield,

Inside the Allied Shinobi forces headquarter,

RUMBLE… RUMBLE…

Multiple ripples spread across the sensing water sphere of the Intelligence and Sensor department.

"What… what's going on?"

The intense fluctuation of the water sphere shocks the shinobis in the headquarter.

"Lord Inoichi?! This…"

"There is a powerful flow of turbulent chakra on the battlefield. Someone used an extremely powerful, forbidden jutsu. The magnitude of this jutsu is 5.5 on the 'Extermination Scale'."

"A magnitude of 5.5 on the 'Extermination scale'." Everyone in headquarters gulps their saliva in fear.

It has been a few hours since the war began and yet such a powerful, forbidden jutsu already made its presence.

'Extermination Scale' is a destruction magnitude scale coined by Minato after observing Izuna's powerful mass destruction jutsus.

According to this scale, most A-rank jutsu and below end at around 3 in destruction. S-Rank jutsu ranks around 3.5 or 4. Only the most powerful S-Rank jutsu reaches a scale of 4.5.

Above the S-rank jutsus are forbidden jutsus with tactical or strategic values. Each of these jutsus are capable of mass destruction and can easily wipe out a hidden village with all of its citizens.

To give a precise value, Naruto's normal Rasenshuriken value, and Onoki's Dust release are set at a value of 4.5, the lowest value for a forbidden jutsu. A fully charged tailed beast bomb, Pain's full power Shinra Tensei, Naruto's tailed beast rasenshuriken, and fury the most powerful, forbidden jutsu of En no Gyōja are set at a value of 5 on the Extermination Scale. These jutsus are capable of annihilating an entire village with almost no survivors.

Most jutsu above this rank are inaccessible to an individual and are a part of tactical or strategic weapons. Almost all of them are cooperation ninjutsu that requires a huge amount of preparation and thus requires time to deploy on the battlefield. The maximum destruction these jutsu can achieve is a magnitude of 5.9 on the 'Extermination Scale.' And this power is enough to wipe out a small nation or one of the five great villages with their subsidiary villages.

However, there are still a few powerful jutsu possessed by some individuals that are not accounted for on this list, or rather Minato didn't choose to add them.

One such example is the Chibaku Tensei of Pain with a rating of 5.5 and Mugen Tens Shin: Chibaku Tensei with a value of 5.9. The ultimate weapon of the flying fortress of the Land of Sky also had a rating of 5.9, though they never got an opportunity to use it.

According to all these standards, the maximum value the shinobis of the Five Great Nations could ever achieve was 5.9. However, this list didn't include one individual.

-------------------------

A/N:- My new Naruto fan-fic, 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' is out.

Also, check out my pat reon www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife to support my work and get a sneak peak at the latest chapters of both series in advance. Read upto 80+ chapters from both series combined in advance.

12